OPK testing

MamaKris

Reaction score
So I have just started using OPKs, and I'm not too sure how to go about using them. I tested today and got a very light line..I know that is not a positive..but does it mean I am close?? Should I test again tomorrow or wait a day? Or will I miss it if I don't test tomorrow? Help!! I tested two days ago and only got the control line, so it makes me think I'm close..am I wrong?

I tested for the first time on fri and from then up until yesterday the lines were really light, then yesterday and today they have been really dark. I asked what they meant and the general consensus was that when it goes dark you will probably ovulate within the next 12-48 hours. Either way you should definitely get bd'ing!! Good luck :)

I can get a week or 2 of light lines.
It's when mine start getting darker that I know O is close.

Test every day and try and do so at the same time each day.
I've found testing between 12-2pm is the most accurate for me (if I test in the morning or evening I get a negative no matter what)
Never test using first morning urine.
And try and hold your week for about 2 hours before you take the test, oh and reduce your fluid intake before you test also :)

What I do with my tests is stick them all on a lined piece of paper so I can compare them through my cycle.

I wouldn't waste your time with OPKs. I find a lot of them are not very accurate and it can be so expensive in the long run! You're much better off charting your basal body temperature month to month instead. This article is very helpful in describing how you do that. But basically, you want to look for a dip in temperature to signal that you should begin having sex. When you see a rise in temp, that means you have already finished ovulating. ConceiveEasy is actually giving away free basal body thermometers and charts when you order a free trial of their natural fertility kit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->