+OPK, to have sex, to not have sex, to stand on my head, to walk around....help!

S

StephieB

Hey ladies,

I got my +OPK yesterday (Saturday) it was negative on Friday and negative this morning.

Me and my OH BD'd on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, so the day i got my +OPK and the 3 days previous to.

Now I was under the impression that once you had gotten your +OPK and they had turned negative again (like this morning) that you had done everything that you could do that month. But I am reading elsewhere that you should carry on BD-ing for a good few days AFTER getting +OPK as well as before.

Is there any definate answer or will I get something different everywhere I read? Me and my poor OH are starting to get worn out :winkwink:

If it was me personally, i'd carry on! :D Get it covered from all angles etc, but if you're worn out skip today and BD again tomorrow, gl x

well you don't o until 12-48 hrs after that opk was positive. it sounds like you covered your bases, but some ppl will get their surge soon after they get a positive, and others will do it in a day or so. good luck to you!!!

You only need to bed 2 days before and day of ovulation Xx

Well if we have to :dohh::haha:

We both have tomorrow off work so maybe I'll have to get the ole' lingerie out again tonight and then have a day off tomorrow... phew. :sleep:

Hi.

Ok my understanding is as follows (and most info is from my sister in law who is preg with her 3rd).....

The OPK's test a Surge in LH. LH is the hormone that releases the egg. Ovulation occurs normally between 12 and 36 hours after LH surge is detected.

The ideal time for the sperm to introduce itself the egg is as soon as the egg is released. Sperm can live for a while. So in theory, if you get a positive OPK, you need to BD to get the sperm in position. Incase there is a delay in the release of the egg, it is a good idea to have BD for around 3 days after (72 hours).

Hope that helps. Good Luck.

And yes, it does get very tiring! lol.

Hi.

Ok my understanding is as follows (and most info is from my sister in law who is preg with her 3rd).....

The OPK's test a Surge in LH. LH is the hormone that releases the egg. Ovulation occurs normally between 12 and 36 hours after LH surge is detected.

The ideal time for the sperm to introduce itself the egg is as soon as the egg is released. Sperm can live for a while. So in theory, if you get a positive OPK, you need to BD to get the sperm in position. Incase there is a delay in the release of the egg, it is a good idea to have BD for around 3 days after (72 hours).

Hope that helps. Good Luck.

And yes, it does get very tiring! lol.

Brilliant! :flower: Looks like I'll have to break the bad news to my OH.

Everytime I try to find out when we should, when we shouldn't, what time, how often etc... I just end up confusing myself even more!

Your welcome. Also because I just read my post and so there is no confusion it is also good to bd just before lh surge incase you egg releases straight away.

I know it can be really hard and really confusing to know what you should and shouldnt be doing.

I just think we should BD everyday to cover ALL bases, but that would never happen!

Then I keep thinking it should be every other day, just in case sperms need a little longer to recuperate, but then I might miss the 'window. Then when we do DTD, should we avoid oral sex as saliva kills sperm, avoid touching all together incase one of us has a sperm and egg killing germ on us, then afterwards should I put my legs up, use pillows, do cycle exercises with my legs, drink green tea, stroke a ginger cat while chanting indian war songs :shrug:

I think if I did everything I have read on the wonderful internet TTC would be a full time job! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->