+OPK!!!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Andiepie81, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Andiepie81

Andiepie81 Mom of 1 and TTC #2!

OK, I started testing last Wednesday. I tested once a day in the late afternoon. All days were neg. until yesterday. I got a + around 3:00 in the afternoon. Both lines were dark. The directions said I could stop testing and to have sex in the next 24-36 hours. DH and I had been :sex: everyday since last Saturday and will again tonight but my question is..I took another OPK and the line was a little lighter this time. I thought we should get good strong lines for 2 days? Im a little confused :shrug:

2. Babynumber1

Babynumber1 Mum of 1 & Pregnant

Hi i got my 2lines today on opks 1st time ever.
    we been bedding every day all week .
    With the opks you might have drunk a bit more fluids which causes your urine to dilute and the opks dont pick up the lh hormone.
    Im sure you`ll` be fine you got a poss opk today make sure other half is in the mood.
    Im hoping mine will tonight.

3. Peardrop

Peardrop Well-Known Member

Not a problem. Once you've had a positive OPK as the directions say you will ovulate within the next 12 -48 hours. You count the lighter one as a negative but in reality you probably caught your luteinizing hormone as it was reducing (after it had sent the signals to release the egg) so you are getting a 'fade out' pattern. What you are doing is exactly right. Good luck to you.

XX

4. Andiepie81

Andiepie81 Mom of 1 and TTC #2!

Thank you ladies! I hope it worked this time! Good luck to you too!

5. seattlemama

seattlemama Mommy & Pregnant!!

Dont overthink it, just get in that bed and make a baby! I would just not test again after you had a positive.

6. Sapph

Sapph Well-Known Member

Good luck!