+ opk?

kmwilletts

Mom of 2, TTC#3 after MC
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I'm VERY confused right now. I thought I was doing my tww, but now I'm super confused.

I had taken an OPK & HCG test after my D&C on Dec 10. My HGC test was still a positive a few days after the D&C. Then I tried another pregnancy test on Dec 22nd, and it was a negative but the OPK was positive. I decided to try a pregnancy test the next day with 1st morning pee to see if it was still a negative, but it was a very very faint positive. Skip ahead a few days and I finally received a negative preg. test with first morning pee. So then I started testing for OPK and got a positive. I thought my first post-D&C "true" positive OPK was December 27th. I did another OPK test Dec 30 to confirm, and it was a negative as well...or so I thought.

(TMI coming up...lol) I noticed increased discharge, and thought hmmm, could be a symptom of pregnancy (yay!) or else maybe I haven't O'd yet? So decided to take ANOTHER OPK test just to be sure (I drive myself crazy with this stuff..) and it was a medium positive (you know, not dark but not light, right in between?). So what the heck is going on with me? I went back and looked at all my OPK's and even the one I thought was a negative Dec 30 was actually a positive! Every single OPK test I've taken since Dec 22 (which was when my online order arrived lol) has actually been a positive? All the pregnancy tests are showing negatives (did one of them on the 30th of Dec as well as today)...so is the hormone in my body very minimal that the preg. tests arn't picking it up but my OPK ones are??? We're going to DTD tonight just to be safe of course, but now I am wondering if I have to push back my tww until January 16th?

Thanks ladies, I know this turned into a novel, but thanks for reading & also thanks in advance for any ideas/advice/input you have on this situation!

Sorry for your loss.

The test line must be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive. Are both lines equally dark or is your test line darker than the control? If so, that is a positive test. If you have 2 lines but the test line is not as dark as the control, it is negative. You may want to get the clear blue easy digital test with a smiley face if you are unsure. I always have 2 days of positive OPKs before I ovulate.

Hi Smalz,

Thanks for the info! I never realized that OPK's were like that, I just started using them this cycle and thought they were the same as pregnancy tests! lol Well that clears a lot up. The line that came up is half dark/half light (like if you were to cut the line itself in half vertically, the first half is as dark as the control line and the second half is lighter than control line). So I will just take this as a negative for now. Too bad, hubby is heading to work for 3-6 weeks tomorrow :( So no idea when we will actively get to try again.

Thanks again for the info :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->