OPK's driving me mad!!!

Laura2806

Mummy to DS & PG w/twins
Reaction score
So I thought I was ov'ing a week ago tuesday so bought some OPK's, took one, almost pos, skipped wed out, thursday, again almost positive, friday almost positive and the same on sat so i called it a day as I only had one left! Had ov pains again Monday along with other symptoms and cramping since. I've just taken my last one and again its almost positive!

When I was TTC my little boy I had the same, never gave a true positive.

My cycles are long, around 37-38days and before I conceived I had really irregular cycles ranging from 28-44days and 60day the cycle I conceived.

I'm really confused by this and some help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks ladies :flower:

xxx

these are the OPK's from the past week, todays looks darker as the others all dryer, they all started like this then really faded.
https://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/laura_28_06/9dd32681-78ec-487f-ba7d-a33b3663baf8_zps3a72bd70.jpg

I dont have a pic of all OPK's from before so here a few (poor ones!)
https://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/laura_28_06/photo-27.jpg
https://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/laura_28_06/90f877aa.jpg
https://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab82/laura_28_06/photo-10.jpg

U can have a lh surge a few times in a cycle , where ur body gears up to ovulate then doesn't , maybe that is why? I don't really no though as I haven't used them long I got 2days of faint lines and two days of postives x

Urgh!! I hate trying to squint at OPKs too, feel like I'm trying to read particularly yucky tea leaves lol.

This is the issue I have; even though you may get a positive (or as near to positive as you can make out) OPK result it doesn't mean you will 100% ovulate does it? Which is why I still use the trigger shot if I have been prescribed it. Dunno if I should really but don't trust my body. I call her the Betrayor lol

They drive me mad! No variation in them at all!

LH surges and raised levels can indicate PCOS, and of course when I read this along with my cycles I'm like great I have PCOS! Lol think I'm having a pissy day!

MrsAm I don't blame you with the trigger shot! The best way to know is temping really but I get too addicted with thatM :haha: xx

They drive me mad! No variation in them at all!

LH surges and raised levels can indicate PCOS, and of course when I read this along with my cycles I'm like great I have PCOS! Lol think I'm having a pissy day!

MrsAm I don't blame you with the trigger shot! The best way to know is temping really but I get too addicted with thatM :haha: xx

:haha: I know what you mean Laura. There seems to be so many variables out there for almpst everything you do while TTC it can make you feel hopeless sometimes but the success stories keep me going otherwise I'd be going around the bend wondering why it didn't happen this time, blaming my as yet undiagnosed sperm killing CM or the fact that I maybe misread that OPK stick!

I'm a temping virgin :blush: but as an obsessive person I just know I'd get obsessed with it too. How exactly does it work? Do you have to stick the thermometer in your you know what?

I'm having the same problem and im on cd90 lol

Story of my life!! This is our first cycle using OPKS. My calendar says I should OV friday. Started testing Monday no line, Tuesday good line but not positive, Wednesday barley there, And now today NOTHING. Im so confused.. So was Tuesday the day since I atleast got a good line, even though it wasnt near as dark??

These things are sooooo confusing!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have ovulated 2 days ago, my lines vanished when I should have gotten a positive. I had all the signs too, ovulation pain, fertile cm, cervix show.
Today my lines are darker, cm turning eggwhite, still having pains but my cervix feels closed. Im assuming I failed to ovulate first time round.

A glad it's not just me they frustrate!!

MrsAm temping is easy, every morning, at the same time, before moving, eating or drinking take your temp using a basal body thermometer and enter the reading into FF, the rest is done for you by FF but basically it tends to dip just prior to ov then rises once ov occurs and stays raised until either AF comes or increases again (possibly) for implantation.

Missbx, day 90!! Wow have you been to your docs?

Farmers wife they are so damn temperamental! I swear they have a mind of their own!!

Rachy28 it's very possibly your body tried and failed so is trying again, mine used to try several times a month then give up and AF would hit, I didn't ov for the first 8months of coming off BC then the month I did, CD44 I might add, we caught the egg. Problem is its put it into my head that when I do release that egg we'll catch it right away! Xxx

A glad it's not just me they frustrate!!

Rachy28 it's very possibly your body tried and failed so is trying again, mine used to try several times a month then give up and AF would hit, I didn't ov for the first 8months of coming off BC then the month I did, CD44 I might add, we caught the egg. Problem is its put it into my head that when I do release that egg we'll catch it right away! Xxx

OOooo now im excited :D
Anyway I tested again at 10pm and got my +, ill test again in the morning then I never want to look at another opk, I think ive taken about 30 over the last week! x

Hehe yay for positive!! :happydance: hope you got some :sex: in! Lol I don't blame you at all!

I've had two lots of ov pains, first on right and second lot a few days after on the left then I've also had odd pains first on the right and a few days later on the left, these are different to ov pains, more pushing against my uterus, maybe I'm reading into it way to much and it's just a twinge but can help but think its implantation pains! Xxx

Oh im never one to miss out on a bit of :sex: Dh is gonna be glad of the rest after the next few days ;)

Got another +opk this morning so think im finally definitely ovulating!

Good luck x

Haha go you!! :p

Thats fab!

Thank you and you! xx

Not sure but in the first pic I would say the last one was positive but I also understand the frustration are you temping also. I've had 4 days of positive opk's and even three days on the cb opk's should've only had 2 positive days on those. So I'm gonna keep bd'ing until I get my crosshairs fx for us both.

Nope sorry I meant fx for all of us ttc. :dust: to all you ladies

I have to say the last one I took (bottom on first pic) has dried a little darker than the others, could be positive, tested this morning as I think I'm 8dpo and couldn't wait lol BFN but thought I saw something on it, only time will tell. FXed you get your crosshairs soon :) no I'm not temping hun, didn't want to obsess but I am anyway :haha:

:dust: back at ya :) xx

After all the whinging I did about -opk's now ive gotten +opk's 3 days in a row!!! I swear it felt like I ovulated on the right then the left!

Although my temp is up a little bit im confused as to when I actually did burst that egg out, I normally have a huge rise or a big dip but this month its not done much x

haha sods law! It's good though! maybe you've not quite let it out yet or did from both sides and your temps taking its time! makes me wish i temped! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->