Opk's WTF??

xxemmyxx

Reaction score
I am having real trouble with opk's. I have had positives with expensive brands but also had them miss my surge. So I decided to use cheaper opks and test a few times a day. I have been testing from cd7 I am cd25 now. I have been doing tests in an and pm. All my am tests are really light and then the pm ones are always darker. I have had a few almost positive tests where I thought mybe the next day it would be positive but it has always faded away again! So my question is can opk results differ that much between am and pm?! So if I inly ever tested in am would I ever get a positive? A couple of days ago I had other fertile signs like lots of cm and sensitive nipples but these tests are all from the same day. Lightest is fmu, second lightest is early evening, darkest is just before bedtime. I am so confused! I have bd every other day just to be sure but I really wanted to pinpoint my ovulation as I have a short lmp and I have started taking vitamins this month to try and help lengthen it. Could these be affecting my results?

Sorry so many questions!! Any help would be greatly appreciated xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 14
Hope someone can answer for you honey, I really don't get them either, mine keep fading away and then coming back darker but never as dark as the control line either! We are knackered! Don't think I even want to bd anymore !! Lol

Lol! I just don't understand how I can get so many different results in one day, I spose they are all negative and that's all that counts but if they differ that much in a day I am worried I missed my surge?! U really bloody hope I have ovulated already cus in cd25, AF due in 11 days, what about u?

I am so Confused more so I was starting to think with cm only that I was now 8dpo, then I thought (as i am new off birth control) what if I didn't ov immediately after finished bc and it's still where my cycle would have been?! So that would take me to around now, the Opks I started last wk and they were almost dark but not quite there, then faded away now they are darkening again! But no other cm signs So I'm testing 3 times a day atm! :lol:
Im kind of thinking the first cycle would be nice to get it completed and know where i am next cycle...oh I don't know :wacko:
Have you tested any today?

Maybe you surge at a certain time of the day. Try and make note of when you get your darkest test of the day and try to test around that time each day. I have noted that my tests get darker after 10pm each night, so I test throughout the day, but only regard my test taken after 10pm as the right result.

Of course, if I were to get a positive at another time of day, I would regard that as positive.

But as for progress, you need to pinpoint when your system releases LH into your system daily, so you can pick up an accurate reading (and progression) on a test.

I had a surge at 2 AM in the morning once. I would have missed it had my pinching pains from ovulation not woke me up.

I had a surge at 2 AM in the morning once. I would have missed it had my pinching pains from ovulation not woke me up.

That makes me think that I have probably missed my surge, as I can stay up no longer than midnight and sleep like a log.

Thanks for the replies ladies. Yeah so I definitely think testing in the evening must be when I surge. I should just give up testing in the morning. And I think that's why I missed my surge a few days ago. My opks are negative now. But since Friday I have had sooooo much cN, way more than I have ever had before! It's soaking my knickers! On Saturday I had pain on my left hand side for about half an hour so I think that was ovulation. I did an opk when I felt the pain and it was almost positive but not quite so that would tie up. I have bd at the right time of all these signs are right and I did ovulate this weekend. My next concern is if I did ovulate on Saturday i was cd25 and my period comes on cd36 so my luteal phase is quite short. At least it's better than last cyvlr where I ovulated on cd28 and so my luteal phase was only 8 days. This cycle I have been taking vitamin b6, vitamin c, calcium and magnesium and Agnus castus. Even if it has helped me ovulate 3 days earlier that will help! Fingers crossed this is my cycle xx

Good luck it's your mth !

:dust:

I'm thinking of trying the vitamin B6 next mth of mines short lp, never had a problem before but never had the mirena in for a year before either :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->