Opks

Lyrah

Mummy to my beautiful H<3
Reaction score
Hey all!

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the thread I've already started or whether to create a new one because it's on a completely different subject, so I posted it in a new thread anyway.

I bought some ovulation test strips today for the first time. I've never used them before and I just wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Do I have to use FMU?
2. Do I do it on the day I'm 'apparently' meant to be ovulating or a few days before? (I'm meant to be ovulating tmw but can't be 100% sure cos is my 3rd month after coming off the pill)

I'm completely new to them so I don't really know these things haha.

xx

Hi Lyrah -

Unfortunately, I haven't use them so I don't really have any advice for you. I'm sure some of the other gals on here could give you some great advice in that area though.

I always poas starting about 4 days before the predicted O day. The closer to O day I would start peeing 2x's a day. Believe it or not the surge happens pretty quick, so 8-12hrs does make a difference sometimes but not always. Most of them are meant to predict your O within 12-48hrs, so after I would get a poss I would pee again for about two days until the line dissapeared again. Doesn't have to be FMU as long as you're peeing at the same time(s) every day. And I think you have to hold wee for like 2hrs, although I was never very good at this and still got my results.
Go to www.peeonastick.com lots of info on opks and hpt too. Good luck hun.
P

OPK are best used at about 1pm daily... I use them about CD 8 til I get a + usually 24-36 hrs pre O! Hope that helps!

Thank you so much all of you.

I'll check out that site too, thanks. :)

xx

Hiya

Don't use FMU as it can give a false reading due to being more concentrated then.

I agree with JK1978 sometime in the afternoon is best xx

Okay have just done an ov test.

Are both lines equally dark or is it just me imagining it?

If so this means I'm ovulating right?

Attachments

• PIC_0210.jpg
    PIC_0210.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 14
Yes you are get to it right away I had a test like that at around 10am by 8pm it was barely showing, your egg only lives for 24 hours, get :sex: quick!

Thanks!! :)

Woohoo, that's a good sign, that means my body is getting back to normal after coming off the pill, yay!!!

Only problem is that OH doesn't want to bd, he has recently lost his job so we are facing some financial issues, meaning we have to wait a while before we start trying :( I'm sooo tempted to bd right now, especially as I know I'm definately ovulating! Grrr, it's annoying! :hissy:

Thanks!! :)

Woohoo, that's a good sign, that means my body is getting back to normal after coming off the pill, yay!!!

Only problem is that OH doesn't want to bd, he has recently lost his job so we are facing some financial issues, meaning we have to wait a while before we start trying :( I'm sooo tempted to bd right now, especially as I know I'm definately ovulating! Grrr, it's annoying! :hissy:

SEDUCE HIM!!!! Don't even mention TTC or babies or anything like that! Just be all Hey there sexy ;) LOL

SEDUCE HIM!!!! Don't even mention TTC or babies or anything like that! Just be all Hey there sexy ;) LOL

:rofl::rofl: It's actually her OH's birthday today too, so he wouldn't work it out regardless

LOL :rofl::rofl:

Well, it turns out he wanted to no matter what the situation! :happydance:

He said to me that he'll have a job asap and if it does happen then we'll be fine. So I'm hoping he means that lol!!

Ohhhh goodness - I've just realized what I've done and now I have huge butterflies, I don't know if I'm nervous or excited! This is the first time we've done it on my most fertile day :happydance:

LOL :rofl::rofl:

Well, it turns out he wanted to no matter what the situation! :happydance:

He said to me that he'll have a job asap and if it does happen then we'll be fine. So I'm hoping he means that lol!!

Ohhhh goodness - I've just realized what I've done and now I have huge butterflies, I don't know if I'm nervous or excited! This is the first time we've done it on my most fertile day :happydance:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: GL!!!!!!!!

Here's mine from today!!! (had the same results for past 3 days!)
https://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg107/JK_1978/1.jpg

I will be BD too!!! (for the 3rd night in a row!!!)

:happydance:

Thank youuu :D

Oooohhh lovely! Go get BD'ing fast girly!! Best of luck to you aswell :happydance: I hope you get a :bfp: real soon!!

:wohoo:

hey ya just wanted to wish u good luck

Thank youuu :D

Oooohhh lovely! Go get BD'ing fast girly!! Best of luck to you aswell :happydance: I hope you get a :bfp: real soon!!

:wohoo:

Thanks!!! LOL I called DH to tell him I need his... ehhh hmmm... and he said it's a date!!! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->