Optimal positioning before labor

nullaby

Reaction score
Hi all, a little background before my question. Ive had 1 ecs and 1 hospital vbac. This will be my 2nd vbac and although not at home like I wanted, in a birthing center with a rented pool. With my vbac it was a long labor about 22 hours, mostly due to him being back to back. I don't think it would of been so long but no one felt to see his position, they just wanted to check my cervix and push epidural every hour. After about 18 hours is when I realized he was back to back, so my nurse helped me rock and got him turned (6cm) few hours later I was 10cm and had to wait for dr to come back to push.

So this time around I have an anterior placenta and was told the chances of baby being back to back is much higher this time around. I was told cat cow yoga poses are good for baby to turn, just wondering if others have been in the same position or know of anything I can start doing now to start baby in a good position. Thanks! :flower:

My midwife told me to always make sure that my knees were lower than hips when sitting so I piled up pillows on the sofa to stop me sinking backwards. I used a birth ball (actually a cheap exercise ball) a lot before labour to kneel behind to watch tv with pillows under my knees and cleaned my kitchen floor on my hands and knees (nesting!).

I found that once I was in labour I couldn't actually sit down much and found leaning slightly forward the most comfortable position during contractions which helps baby's back swing around to the front too.

Have a look on spinning babies website.
Both mine were back to back and born facing upwards despite trying everything to turn them :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->