Oral Thrush...

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
Rhiannon has it apparently, the inside of her cheeks, her tongue and the top of her mouth is covered in like a white cottage cheese type substance poor thing, and she's lost her voice!! I only came back from being away for the 2 nights last night and feel like such a neglectful parent :cry:..my poor baby was ill and i wasnt here!!!

Has anyone else's LO had Oral thrush if so how long did it take to clear? the DR has prescribed Daktarin for her...

and she hasnt had/got a cold, or got sniffly nose but has lost her voice she is all hoars :sad:...
is this to do with her close to cutting her first tooth (as my mum and sister says it is) or is it to do with the fact that whislt i was away my sister bathed her then took her out to a BBQ..(which im slightly peeved off at coz its something i wouldnt do, she only took her to show her off!!!)

awwww por sweety :hugs:

I don't think you sister did anything to cause it. just one of those things.

dont know a lot about it though hun , lots of :hugs:

thanks newt, think im just having an attack of the guilts... she seems ok in herself just off her bottles (as i'd expect) and a little wingey but other than that she's ok x

Seth had it and Daktarin as well. His took about a week and a half to clear up. I also had to use cream on my nipples because apparently he could pass it to me when he was feeding (sorry hun - couldn't remember how you're feeding but thought I should mention it!)

He had to have 2 bottles of the medicine because he ran out of the first one, but the pharmacist said that one usually works :)

xxx

Katie had this when she was 6 months and it was a pita to get rid of :( took 2 courses of thrush treatment, and it put her of her bottles. Thankfully it doesnt last too long:hugs:

Jessica has it now. She is at the GP this afternoon to get something for it. Had her at the baby clinic to get weighed this morning (8lb 12oz) and they said it was oral thrush. Jessica is a little restless, but still taking her bottles of milk no problem.

kacy got it when she was a baby, and she was off her bottles. the doc told me it was cos of the milk some times it can cause thrush.

thanks guys, on day 2 of daktarin and her mouth seems to be getting better, its only white on her tongue now..
HV says to keep giving daktarin to her for 2 days after it has completely gone from her mouth, i asked how she could have got it as id heard it can be from milk (as in the bacteria from the milk on a bottles teat eg they have half the bottle then go back to it within the hour the milk on the teat could produce bacteria) but the HV said theres thrush particles in the air that no one can see and Rhiannon just "happened" to put something in her mouth which these particles had landed on.. i mean..i know im neurotic but does that sound plausible to you guys???

Ebonii had it just after she was born the medicine they gave me (Daktarin ) made her violently sick :( :( but we were given a gel to rub in her mouth which worked great and cleared it up in no time, your not a bad mummy a lot of kids get it it caused by heat and bacteria or something?? so nothin you can control x

My daughter had it when she was less than a week old. It just happens to some little ones and cant be helped sometimes x

thanks guys, on day 2 of daktarin and her mouth seems to be getting better, its only white on her tongue now..
HV says to keep giving daktarin to her for 2 days after it has completely gone from her mouth, i asked how she could have got it as id heard it can be from milk (as in the bacteria from the milk on a bottles teat eg they have half the bottle then go back to it within the hour the milk on the teat could produce bacteria) but the HV said theres thrush particles in the air that no one can see and Rhiannon just "happened" to put something in her mouth which these particles had landed on.. i mean..i know im neurotic but does that sound plausible to you guys???

thats what they told us too. i was really upset coz i had it the same tme as seth and i was worried id given it to him. but he's always putting stuff in his mouth that isnt sterilised so probably isnt too far from the truth! pleased its getting better

xxx

Glad it's starting to get better. Has she had any antibiotics recently? We all have a certain amount of the fungus that causes thrush (sounds gross, I know) in our intestines anyway, along with all the bacteria...and they kind of keep each other under control....if you have antibiotics to treat an infection, they also kill off the 'good' bacteria in your gut, which allows the thrush to multiply and can sometimes result in an infection (steroid treatments can lead to thrush too) x

my son had this when he was a baby ..he got it from another child who had sucked on his dummy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->