Oranges/citrus

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Elyse is obsessed with eating oranges/lemons/limes... to the point she will put her hand into my water glass if it's on the coffee table and fish out my lemon wedge :dohh:

Is it ok for her to eat citrus (10 mos)... and how much can she have? I let her have nearly a whole medium orange today then realized I think someone mentioned to me to avoid citrus until a certain age..

Thinking about it, it's also on my nurse's screen at appointments "advise no citrus/egg white" ... she's told me to avoid egg whites at every appt but never said a thing about citrus :shrug:

If she hasn't already had a reaction I'm sure she'll be fine :)

Yeah they tell us to hold off til 12mo but if she's acting fine with it I'm sure she's fine. hayden still can't handle it, it upsets his tummy so I have to limit him to VERY little

I used to LOVE lemons when I was really small - my mamma told me :lol: I used to eat lemons and limes - and I still love them today! I'm a sucker for sour stuff :haha: I should imagine she'd be okay if its not upset her tummy so far :hugs: xx

My brothers loved lemons as a baby! As the others have said - if she's not had a reaction it should be fine. Ruby eats a lot of oranges without trouble.

Just watch her little mouth and tongue and make sure they don't blister from the acid. Pineapple does this to amelie :(

Could it be her body telling her she needs more vitamin C?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->