Orgasm in 2nd tri?

tamina800

Reaction score
Sorry if this is very personal- just wondering if orgasms in 2nd tri is ok, especially if you have spotted on and off throughout your pregnancy (but not after an orgasm).

I am pretty sure yes. Second tri is usually when our sex drive comes back :winkwink:

But as for the spottin you may need to ask your doctor.

Well iv had about 3 this week hahaha. My sex drive has gone really high haha. Yes Hun it's Absolutley fine. In fact my ob told me an orgasm is soothing for the baby ha. Go figure lol x

I wish I felt up to it hahahaha.

I dk about with spotting (maybe ask your OB?)
but My sex drive hasn't gone anywhere even in the first trimester. I orgasm every time DH and I have sex. Nothing has been hurt so I don't think it'll hurt anything but I didn't spot either.

I dk about with spotting (maybe ask your OB?)
but My sex drive hasn't gone anywhere even in the first trimester. I orgasm every time DH and I have sex. Nothing has been hurt so I don't think it'll hurt anything but I didn't spot either.

Lucky you! I only get it about every other time or so!

Either way, I've had plenty of orgasms this whole pregnancy and they're perfectly fine. As for with spotting, I would talk to your doctor or midwife first just to verify that it's okay.

I have a cervical erosion that makes me bleed/ spot if I have sex and had first tri bleeding but orgasms have never made me bleed. I'm so grateful, I'd have gone crazy otherwise!

Do you know why you're spotting? I was put on pelvic rest during the first episode but that's because they didn't know why.

I dunno about the spotting, maybe ask your MW but orgasms are usually fine :)

I was afraid to orgasm at first and so I think we only dtd once in first tri. Poor dh ! And in the second tri I think we've dtd three times and all times I've orgasmed. I haven't felt cramping or anything and my twins are doing well.

There shouldn't be any issue as it's perfectly safe, but as PPs have said, no harm in running it past your care giver to ease your mind with the spotting.

However, a word of warning for when you do go for it... Not sure how far along you are, but for me orgasms after around 18 weeks became really quite strange. My tummy goes so hard and tensed up as though baby has suddenly tripled in size and is pushing against me. To be honest I find it very uncomfortable, although not painful, and so avoid them but keep having them in my sleep! Again, this does no harm to baby at all and a few of my friends said they get the same thing so it's very normal, just wanted to let you know as if you are worried anyway then this happens, don't want you to panic!

I see my doctor whenever I have spotting, but they haven't determined a cause. They don't know why I spot every now and then. The last time I spotted ( about a week ago), my OB said not to have sex. I'm wondering if that's because of risk of cervix irritation and stuff. If DH and I fool around without actually having intercourse, I'm wondering if that's ok. I'm just so squeamish about asking my doctor these things :(

You shouldnt be squeamish as I'm sure they have heard it all before. You need to be able to have all the info about your pregnancy while still enjoying yourself

:flower:

I agree, you shouldn't be squirmish. I know it's a bit hard to talk about private matters with pretty much strangers. But that's why they're there. I had a packet I had to fill out for my OB and it asked if I ever suffered from depression, and I hate talking about that. I never ever ever bring my struggle with depression up with anyone but I knew for medical reasons I needed to tell her I had very sever depression at one time and I have very bad anxiety. It's embarrassing but worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->