Orgasmic Birth

Tigger Momma

Reaction score
Ok ladies, I havent yet given birth as I am in LTTTC BUT I would like to know what other's thoughts are on orgasmic birth. I would love to experience natural birth in a positive manner but I dont know if orgasmic is right or wrong. It seems weird to be experiencing and orgasm from my "newborn" and a bit taboo. But at the same time, thats how they got there in the first place. What do you ladies think about it???

Quite honestly, I have never heard of it before, so I can't really comment.

Basically its a natural birth where you allow yourself to be open to orgasming during birth. Embracing the experience like making out with your husband, and allowing you two to work together. As we all know the hormone that is released during orgasm is also a pain reliever so if you embrace that and you do happen to orgasm, it will allow the body to have an easier birth........I was just wondering if anyone had heard of it and what there thoughts on it are............thanks for responding

I think two things:- orgasiming is difficult enough in normal situations but whilst in extreme pain and surrounded by medical staff ummm not for me. The second is that it would be hard to feel sexual at a time that you are meeting your child for the first time. Its supposed to be a beautiful and so emotional and I would want to focus on that.

I've also never heard of it before.

I have heard of this and saw a story about it on the news. I just think it would be weird to have that associated with the birth of your child. It almost would seem wrong that your child's birth gives you an orgasm. Idk though... not for me is all I know. :)

I was in too much pain during labour to even think about such a thing, but if it appeals to you then I say go for it!!! :=)

LOL............yes those were my thought too, like how could you associate the two but then the prospect of an easier birth being possibly orgasmic is intruiging. Thanks for responding ladies

i would have to say in no way shape or how can birth be orgasmic lol

even if i wanted to have a orgasum while giving birth i dont see how id be able to

Hi ladies, i have heard of this also! Not so sure what i think of it but here is a link to the video i saw on YouTube about it. May answer some of your questions and queries :) Sorry for butting in sweeties!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxB9mnKYr4M

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

just watched the video.....

having the birth u want does play a huge part and as i didnt get the birth i wanted it did make me more scared ect

a comment made in the video was the baby comes down the same place the penis goes up yes this is true but no mans penis that ive seen is as big as a baby.

looking back on my birth i can see how i could of made things easier and better but i still dont believe in orgasmic births

I saw a woman talking about this on GMTV or something a couple of months ago and i say 'whatever rocks your boat' LOL! I haven't been lucky enough to experience giving birth but obviously i would want it to be as nice as possible but not really sexually nice!

Well I'm not sure about Orgasmic.... but the idea of closeness and romanticism during labour, making it easier to bare rather than tensing up and fighting the pain.... I'm all for that side of it. I've always wanted to have a water birth with my partner in the water with me, as I feel safe and reassured when he holds me, so maybe that's kinda the same thing? I can't imagine anything sexually focused I'd rather focus on the baby! But yes, the idea of closeness would make me a lot calmer than the traditional birth you usually see in films etc.

This reminds me of that programm about other women breastfeeding other peoples babies and a woman on that said she found it sexual to bf children, she didnt have any kids of her own and did this without even asking the mother first.

Sorry but some people are just weird.

sorry if im over taking the thread with this post!

I think the whole orgasm side does sound wierd. But oh how i'd love to be relaxed and enjoying it instead of immense pain! It was unbelievably painfull with my son (but not bad enough to stop me wanting to do it again).

Then again, thinking about it, if my Mum told me she had an orgasm whilst giving birth to me i'd think "wow lucky you". I wouldn't think it was wrong. A baby being born is not aware that their Mother is doing something that is sexual. And surely they would benefit from a relaxed birth. So in that case, i'd be all for it!

I found this to be confusing. But, I don't believe studies done by people selling things, like a book. I have seen three women give birth...and none of them looked even close to having an orgasm, although all three births were beautiful.

Holy beegeezus, where has this secret been hiding!! :shock:

Hello! Well to break down the orgasmic birth thing in my own mind lol... First of all. I had all natural birth and I am definitely for that. It was not orgasmic at all and I thought I was dying, but as soon as DS came out it all drifted away. It was truly amazing. The whole idea behind "orgasmic" birth isn't as much about sex as enjoyment from pain. The limbic system in the brain controls the hormones that "satisfy" us in a number of ways including sexually. These functions are surprisingly extremely close to the "anger" hormones and the "pain tolerance" endorphins. That is really why there is bondage sex and whoopings during intercourse lol... That is also why sex feels so good after you have been mad. I don't get that because my DH gets butt hurt and won't BD with me when he is mad lol... I just took psychology in college and this was brought up. So really, it only works for people who are stimulated sexually by pain. They could be normal people, just able to focus their energy in a pleasurable endorphin way. I couldn't in birth and it was not desirable pain lol and I actually fainted during my tatoo. So I am not the lucky one...Would I judge someone for climaxing during labor? No. Do I think its weird? Slightly... LMAO... I love this place..

Oh yeah.... I guess I can't even think its weird. I breastfed.. That has always been sexual until DS lol... I was all natural but it did weird me out at the end. Then he was born and I think I stuck him on my boob before I even counted his fingers and toes. Luckily, instincts are strong and everything just kind of came naturally. I hope if I have another, it is less painful but I doubt it. The great news is how fast it goes away. And you do forget. I mean you have to or we would never have more than one lol... It is a survival mechanism... As for making out while in labor lol.. NO. I almost poked my ex-DH's eyes out for touching me with a sheet when I was trying to be naked. Oh yeah, in the beginning you cover up but by 8 cm dialated you would sell tickets to the event if it would make it go faster... HuGs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->