Orlando ???

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
I have a question for people who have been to Orlando several times.

When is the best time to go ?? We dont mind queues but we are not big heat people, we went in April last year and just about survived it :blush: We are looking for nice, not to hot, not to cold weather.

We have 2 times in mind, we either chance it and go back in April and hope the weather isnt as hot as last year or we go In October :shrug: We have been told October is a fantastic time to go as the weather is just right and plus you have the bonus of the parks being not to busy.

Any help appreciated :flower:

With April/May or Oct is the best time, for not just cooler weather but less queuing and less storms. Thats when I have gone.

We've also been April/May and Oct and both times were lovely. Gorgeous weather, not too hot (OH can't cope with too much heat) and low crowd levels. For Oct though you would have all the Halloween decorations and activities. Disney have Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party if you have younger kids, if you have older teenagers and they are brave you could go for Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. I'm not brave enough but I have heard good things about it.

Can I just say I am sooooo jealous! We were planning on returning this Oct but since the bean is due early Oct that's been put on hold for a few years :nope: but hey, having a bubs will make up for it :happydance:

Thanks ladies. We are having a really hard time choosing between the 2, I really want to go at Halloween because I have heard amazing stuff about the shows and such, but OH wants to go April time as we have been before and know the weather is good !!!

I recommend October. The weather is nice, but not too hot. I've been 3 times over halloween. The Americans really know how to have fun with halloween!

I've also been in June, but if you don't like the heat I wouldn't recommend it.

I recommend October. The weather is nice, but not too hot. I've been 3 times over halloween. The Americans really know how to have fun with halloween!

I dont think I could go any time between June and Sept !!! The heat nearly killed me in April, so I dont think I would survive the summer months :haha::haha:

I was in Orlando 2 weeks ago and the weather was really nice. I'm from California so I'm used to warm weather but February is nice, as is October as many others have said.

I dont think I could go any time between June and Sept !!! The heat nearly killed me in April, so I dont think I would survive the summer months :haha::haha:

I wouldn't have been able to do it with DH. He has ginger hair and freckles. He would have melted like a snowman! But I love the heat.

We're May / June people, as it's just before the holidays still so nice and quiet but lovely and hot. Quite the opposite from you when it comes to that, I *love* the heat!!

We've been in May 2008, June 2010 and May 2011. Hoping to go again May this year, but as of yet it doesn't look like we'll be able to afford it.

I personally like to stick with what we know so I know what to expect crowd & weather wise before hand. That said, I'm very tempted by the first 2 weeks of December at some point as it's supposed to be quiet, not too expensive and it will have the Christmas decorations ups!

We're May / June people, as it's just before the holidays still so nice and quiet but lovely and hot. Quite the opposite from you when it comes to that, I *love* the heat!!

We've been in May 2008, June 2010 and May 2011. Hoping to go again May this year, but as of yet it doesn't look like we'll be able to afford it.

I personally like to stick with what we know so I know what to expect crowd & weather wise before hand. That said, I'm very tempted by the first 2 weeks of December at some point as it's supposed to be quiet, not too expensive and it will have the Christmas decorations ups!

I really want to go at Christmas time but OH refuses to go on holiday anytime near Christmas :(

I've never been, but if I did go it would deffo be July !!
just so I could come home and complain to you alll !!!! lol

So basically you would do what you done in Ibiza, phone home crying because it is to hot and you cant stick it :haha::haha:

Its a shame your hubby isnt up for going in december. We spent christmas 2010 there and it was truely amazing! Although very busy nearer christmas day. I've been in october too, wasnt too hot and ques werent too bad either! My MIL's getting married in september in Orlando and I really wish i'd hurry and win the lottery to go out there for it :lol:

So basically you would do what you done in Ibiza, phone home crying because it is to hot and you cant stick it :haha::haha:

Yep :)

I just loveeeeee to moan, moan should have been my middle name !!! lol

Its a shame your hubby isnt up for going in december. We spent christmas 2010 there and it was truely amazing! Although very busy nearer christmas day. I've been in october too, wasnt too hot and ques werent too bad either! My MIL's getting married in september in Orlando and I really wish i'd hurry and win the lottery to go out there for it :lol:

I really would love to go at Christmas time, but if I can get him to settle for Halloween then I will be happy :thumbup:

Hi Sabby,
I'm actually from florida...April honestly is a toss up. It's a gamble with the weather. But October IMO is the perfect time to go. The weather is still warm but not hot and a nice cool breeze. PLUS if you're going to Disney, depending on dates, it's cheaper. You'd have to check their website or call them for specifics on prices and deals. Have fun planning :)

I have been in Feb, Jan & Have been for Christmas too.

All great times, summer clothes and the parks have virtually no queing. In Busch Gardens we went on a roller coaster called Montu (I think) 12 times in a row :rofl:

I have been in Feb, Jan & Have been for Christmas too.

All great times, summer clothes and the parks have virtually no queing. In Busch Gardens we went on a roller coaster called Montu (I think) 12 times in a row :rofl:

I dont do rollercoasters so that sounds very sickening to me :sick: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->