OT Homebase grrr

lady_p

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Ordered paint in their buy one get one free offer online got a receipt for my payment and now they have charged me the full amount instead of BOGOF not only that but they charged my bank account as argos retail so I nearly caused a fraud alert on my bank account because I didnt recognise the amount :dohh: until the woman at the bank went to get the phone number and noticed it was homebase.

I am sure they will have some form of small print that will say this is ok :wacko: daylight robbery!

Sorry for the rant ladies needed to get that off my chest.

How frustrating! I'd definitely give them a call and ask what's going on!

Ring them hun they cant advertise as one price then charge you more its false advertising they can get done for it stand your ground with them aswell the cheeky gets

I just phoned them, they are so busy that they have requested a call back which will take 48 hours apparently and the woman says that if I get a refund it will take 5-7 working days am soo annoyed as I could have been doing with the money they took. I think I will get a refund because the BOGOF offer is still online today so they are in the wrong and I am going to kick up a real stink (politely of course its not the person on the phones fault) to see if I can get any vouchers for my trouble worth a try.

Ugh how annoying!! I hate how they take ages to refund you! I'm waiting on £135 from Asda direct and doubt ill even get it before next pay day at the end of the month!

Definitely cause a fuss, obviously without being mean to the person you speak to, you're right it's not their fault :flow:

I hope you get your refund plus some extra by way of an apology!

I got my refund and a £5 voucher LOL i dont even think that will buy me a picture hook ah well at least I got my own money back.

It took homebase 6 weeks to get the colour in that I wanted, I was furious in the end!! Glad you got a refund?

Cx

argos and homebase are the same company, I have been confused before when ordering from Homebase online and an argos lorry turning up!
Glad you finally got it sorted though

Thanks char, 6 weeks to get a colour, that's ridiculous! I have to say I am shocked at the poor customer services of such a big company and a £5 voucher for the inconvenience of not having my own money available that they took wrongly is pretty pitiful IMO but never mind I will think twice before using their shop again.

At least it's something hun plus your own dosh back. It's shocking they have it advertised at the offer but it goes through as full price, imagine how many people don't bother complaining and how much extra they'd be raking in off those who bought it due to being on offer! It makes me mad.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->