OT - Is it rude...

I don't think it's rude at all. It's just common courtesy in my opinion. If I ever go to somebodies house I ask them if they'd like me to take off my shoes. Most of the time they do, other times they don't but I always ask. :flower:

No its not, I cringe if ppl arent aware of the rules, I mean sometimes its plainly obvious as me and DH have taken them off at the door and then some workman or visitor comes stamping in all muddy footed.
If I'm at other peoples houses I also take off my shoes even when not asked to, as I have this thing about treading on carpets with outdoor shoes on what ever colour the carpet is, next minute LO could be crawling round on it and I dont know where their feet have been, treading in spit, dog wee, all sorts :sick:
MIL doesnt have the no shoes rule in her house though and I always put down a big blanket and wont let LO anywhere near the carpets, theyve also been in the house years.

People ALWAYS have to take their shoes off at my front door!

i dont think its rude at all, i always ask if people want me to take my shoes off i prefer not wearing shoes anyway lol

Always take my shoes off when i go to other peoples houses, and expect them to do the same in mine.

I always take my shoes off before entering someone elses house, but I must admit I feel awkward asking other people too , thats one of the reasons I had laminate throughout the hall and lounge as it is easier to clean!

we have laminate but i still usually ask people to take their shoes off. just nicer that way. who knows what they stepped in before coming in! :haha:

Always take my shoes off when i go to other peoples houses, and expect them to do the same in mine.

I do too. My lounge floor cost 700 alone, I get pissed off if my OH's mates come in with shoes on and always say to take them off! Its just rude not to!

tbh I do find it a little rude. I'd never ask someone to take their shoes off.

looks like im the odd one out :D!

Ive never been asked to take my shoes off :SHRUG:

No not at all. It should be common respect that you take your shoes off when coming into someone's house, but it's not rude to remind people to do so.

I always ask, esp when we had a new carpet down, not to take shoes off is strange, a family I know curl up on there sofa with shoes on, Im sat there thinking what if have walked in something from dog pee, to mud, to yea just about anything, people always make an issue when I ask them to take shoes off here, like, we are being posh and upper class, er no I just dont want my baby girl picking up clumps mud, or have dirty marks that wont come out of my carpet thanks!

I'd never ask people to take their shoes off coming into our house and most of the time I don't take mine off going into someone else's house either. If my shoes are wet or dirty then of course I'd take them off at the door but otherwise I'd just leave them on unless asked to remove them. I'd never take offence at being asked though and don't think it's rude at all.

where I grew up it's not customary to take shoes off when you go into someone's house. Here it is, which took me a bit of getting used to :lol:

I take my shoes off immediately when going to peoples houses. I think it's incredibly rude to leave shoes on in someone else's house!

i dont think its rude at all, its there house there rules lol! if i had a cream carpet id be telling them to take them off too :haha:

weird, sounds like its a location thing then.

i dont think its rude to go to someones house and not take them off tbh as lots of people have said. i dont take my shoes off as soon as i get home so its not something i think about when i go to other people houses. when ppl come here they dnt take their shoes off either so its weird how everyone in this thread nearly does lol

I think it's a lot to do with how we're raised as well. My parents never allowed shoes on in the house. So it's an immediate reaction for me to slip shoes off when stepping into a house. I don't even think twice about it. So I always expect the same in my own house.

I wouldn't think it rude at all if someone asked me to take my shoes off. We don't do it at our house and tbh, I don't go to many peoples houses where I don't know if I can leave my shoes on or not (mums house, in laws etc.) Usually I see a pile of shoes at the door and tend to follow suit and take mine off if that were the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->