OT: Noisy neighbours

aymz1983

Reaction score
I'm about ready to go over and ask them if they take requests! Its absolutely ridiculous, but at the same time, i dont know whether to bother?

In the daytie, they'll play music loud enough so that i can sing along, but it doesnt help the walls are paper thin, and their stereo is clearly against the wall. She usually turns it off after half an hour or so.

Tonight, they're obviously having some sort of party - no warning to us or anything. there will be pockets of quiet for maybe 5 mins or so, then 'boom boom boom', they've even got some guy with a microphone in there. I cant stand the stayle of music anyway, its really not to my taste (think street rap, deep bass etc) but this is the first time its bothered us at night?

do i leave it? do i go round? what would be a decent time for them to turn it all down? its 9.30pm here, its been going on since at least i got home (an hour ago)

Like PP said - you cant really do anything untill 11pm. And to be honest it is SUCH a long drawn out affair to even get anywhere 'legally'. I would just speak to them about it, they might not realise how loud it is.

We had noisy neighbours, we asked nicely a few times and music would be turned down but then go back up again etc etc. Eventually DP just went round and had a bit of a kerfuffle with them, we haven't really heard anything since and that was months ago.
Not really the way to go unless you are desperate for some peace and quiet (which we were!).

If we ever buy a house its definitely gonna be detached!

Aww I hope you managed to get some sleep in the end. I know the feeling I've had neighbours like this in the past! Such a pain in the ass! There was one night where they were all singing along to Elton Johns 'I guess that's why they call it the blues' over and over again, like about 50 bloody times, to the point where I was laying in bed almost singing along! :growlmad: My DH eventually gave up and went round there screaming the odds!! They moved out not long after and we've got decent neighbours who always knock our door to let us know if they're having friends over.

Keep a record of all the times and dates they make excessive noise incase you ever report them.

I would approach them friendly first, explain you have a baby, could they keep it down after 11pm and warn you of any parties.
x

I'm about ready to go over and ask them if they take requests! Its absolutely ridiculous, but at the same time, i dont know whether to bother?

In the daytie, they'll play music loud enough so that i can sing along, but it doesnt help the walls are paper thin, and their stereo is clearly against the wall. She usually turns it off after half an hour or so.

Tonight, they're obviously having some sort of party - no warning to us or anything. there will be pockets of quiet for maybe 5 mins or so, then 'boom boom boom', they've even got some guy with a microphone in there. I cant stand the stayle of music anyway, its really not to my taste (think street rap, deep bass etc) but this is the first time its bothered us at night?

do i leave it? do i go round? what would be a decent time for them to turn it all down? its 9.30pm here, its been going on since at least i got home (an hour ago)

They sound so much like my neighbors! I live in a downstairs flat and the couple upstairs are so noisy! It makes me want to ram their stereo down their throats! It makes me so angry it's unreal :growlmad: my OH used to work night shifts and could never sleep in the day as the music would start straight on 8am.

I was telling my family how bad it was and all they said was just put up with it, surely it can't be that bad. They thought I was completely over reacting. Until one afternoon, I was on my laptop and their music was SO loud I didn't even hear someone knocking at my door. My sister had to text me for me to realize she was there, I let her in as she popped over to borrow something and she couldn't believe the noise, it was so bad she thought I had the music on! I was getting sky put in a few weeks ago and my mum and sister were here sitting with me while it was fitted, the music started more or less straight away and even the man coming out to fit my sky said he didn't know how I live here.

My fiance had knocked at the door one night and asked them to turn it down, they refused that they were even playing music! I got a new sofa last month and my dad and brother were helping me put it in my flat, I popped to the car to get the cusions to help them out a bit and the girl upstairs was standing at the door, she had the CHEEK to say "you've stole my sofa!" I actually thought I heard her wrong so I asked what she meant, again, "you stole my sofa! I've just saw you, I got a new one and put my old one outside and you've stole it and if you deny it your a f***ing liar!" I just couldn't hold my tongue any longer! We ended up in a massive arugment and she called the police! THEN she had the nerve to say she didn't know why I was kicking off, she only asked a question and should be greatful I have such nice neighbours! I actually blew at that point.... :dohh:

I'd love to give advice but if your's are anything like mine I don't think anything will help. Luckily she's pregnant now so hopefully when the baby comes she'll keep the noise down a bit more. The flats I live in are in a block of five, I live right on the end and they live upstairs, the man right on the opposite end of me can even hear them! I come out most mornings to find empty beer bottles on my front garden, hopefully she's move soon with a baby, it's a tiny flat so their won't be much room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->