OT - Rash help needed

Princess Lou

Finally a Mummy!
Reaction score
Ladies, I am hoping someone can help me.

A couple of weeks ago I started getting itchy hands which used to be a sign I was anemic. Low iron in my blood test confirmed that it was low. It spread to my feet too and the midwife put me on a multi-vitamin to help with iron levels but it has just continued to get worse and I can NOT cope much more with the itching. I am using a cream recommended by the pharmacist called Eurax and it helps a little but not much.

I have an appointment first thing in the morning to see the doctor but I was just curious if anyone had any ideas of what it can be and what I can do at home to help before I cut of my hands and feet. :haha:

The pics are just of one hand, both hands and feet are the same and they are rather swollen.

Attachments

• 2013-10-06 15.55.54.jpg
    2013-10-06 15.55.54.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-10-06 15.55.41.jpg
    2013-10-06 15.55.41.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2013-10-06 15.55.32.jpg
    2013-10-06 15.55.32.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 8
Have you told your midwife about this?

Itchiness can be a sign of obstetric cholestasis.
I'd recommend calling your midwife asap - she may want to perform a blood test. :thumbup:

as above said id call midwife if you can xxx

I told her about it last week but she didn't seem too fussed about it.

Hoping the doctor is more help.

Ladies, after your advice I called the Day Unit and they want me to go down for blood work.

Shall update later.

Hi Ladies

Been to the hospital and had blood work checked. It isn't anything to worry about and I have been given piriton to help. They monitored Little Man and although his movements and reduced his heart rate is fine. I have to go back tomorrow for another scan though. Whilst there I was given a sweep and midwife felt his head. It's believed that I shall have him in the next few days so that's looking good. The Day Unit will also give me a prescription for the piriton although it's not certain what's causing the itching etc. At least it's nothing too serious.

Going to get something to eat and head to bed now. Hopefully tomorrow will bring great news for me.

Glad it's nothing serious and all is well. :thumbup:

Fingers crossed you get to meet your LO soon. :hugs:

I was give a prescription for Piriton today and it's been helping but I was woken up at 5am with pain that has been continuing all day.

Hopefully he will make an appearance soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->