OT The Duggers are expecting baby #20!

C

cerrie311

She is due in the spring. After her last very dangerous pregnancy and baby being very pre-mature. I pray she has a healthy and safe pregnancy and new baby.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/michelle-jim-bob-duggar-expecting-20th-child-144832226.html

oh no!! i am all for people having babies, but the poor woman!!!

When is enough tho??

I'd be very worried if it were me, what with her last pregnancy and the Risk of Downs etc at her age. Scary!

Hope her and bubs will be ok x

Oh blimey. I hope it goes smoothly this time. Shes seems like such a nice, calm lady. Are there any twins/triplets do you know? I watch their program sometimes but not enough to hear if its mentioned. Just wondering as it is a lot of kids to have in a short space of time! :)

I hope she has a healthy pregnancy and baby but i dont know why anyone would want 20 children and how they could possibly give them all the attention they deserve it almost seems like the older children raise the younger ones at times which i know happens with small families too but not to that extent, meh i dont know good luck to them though!

I also cant help but think its partly for the publicity/money aspect/tv shows etc but maybe thats me being cynical??

It doesnt mention why its a planned section. Does anyone know?

Oh blimey. I hope it goes smoothly this time. Shes seems like such a nice, calm lady. Are there any twins/triplets do you know? I watch their program sometimes but not enough to hear if its mentioned. Just wondering as it is a lot of kids to have in a short space of time! :)

There are 2 sets of twins i didnt know but it says further down the page on the link :)

When is enough tho??

I'd be very worried if it were me, what with her last pregnancy and the Risk of Downs etc at her age. Scary!

Hope her and bubs will be ok x

I know! It is very scary. I know I would be a nervous wreck! Bless her though, she must have the patients of a saint, I have 1 baby and sometimes he is such a handful I can't even imagine 20!

I believe she is having a planned section because her last one was an emergency c-section, and she has had a c-section in the past. Maybe they cant risk a VBAC.

I also believe they have 2 sets of twins.

Surely you would just stop having sex after number 15 or you became a grandparent?

It doesnt mention why its a planned section. Does anyone know?
I know she's had a couple of sections before I remember them mentioning it when they were expecting number 18 she was hoping for a vbac then dunno what happened as haven't seen more recent shows.

Surely you would just stop having sex after number 15 or you became a grandparent?

Maybe they dont care? I know people that have had kids whilst being grandparents (not old biddies:haha:)

I think its nice that they have a big family, and obviously aren't relying on benefits, or US equivalent, so they can provide for them, but I do wonder how they can divide their time, fairly, between so many kids. Some of those children are bound to feel unnoticed, surely.

Seems so shocking but a few generations ago it was more normal. My great grandmother had 18! Guess there wasn't much in the way of entertainment in the countryside :haha:

From memory, she used bc and miscarried a baby, I think her second or third? and then decided to just have as many babies as god blessed them with. They're very religious, I had a friend who was obsessed with this family and used to drive me nuts talking about them lol

It was her second pregnancy where she miscarried, which she believes was due to BC. Two sets of twins, and quite a few sections, which is why I guess she is planning one this time. I love the Duggars, they have such a great outlook on life, and on raising children. It's not for me at all, but I really admire them. They're much better than Jon and Kate ;)

I think she is very selfish tell you the truth.... There is no way you can take care of that many kids. I am a devote catholic and we don't believe in Birth Control but having that many children is just nuts... I think she is putting that little baby in risk of the same thing that happen to the last one.. Have you seen the show? The older kids take care of the younger children..... There are already to many people in the world, and were glamorizing them having more and more children Thats just my view on it.

They are supporting their children without any handouts, so if they want 20 or more, good on them.

And I don't see anything wrong with older children helping out. It takes a family to raise a baby, not just a mum and dad. They all seem very happy, and are a loving family.

She is really no different than millions of other families - it's just "weird" to us. 10,15,20 kids by one woman was not unusual for many of our grandmothers (at least not mine - Hungarian). The older ones took care of the younger ones and that was that.

Is it bad? Well, I was a complete idiot when my LO was first born, I'm sure if I had to help raise a baby when young, it would have prepared me a lot better :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->