OT The Duggers are expecting baby #20!

I only have three and I struggle to give one on one time

Again, something I just heard but haven't verified, but apparently Michelle said it one interview that when each baby reaches a certain age its main care is handed over to one of the older children, so its the older kids that are the parents there.
And in the Quiverful Movement girls are raised to be wives and mothers, and nothing else except maybe a home business if their father/husband approves. Its sad :(

I heard (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) but her uterus has ruptured 3 times? Surely thats 3 times God told her to stop?!

That is not true. I've watched to hour shows with just interview questions shoot at her like this and it is not true. And i hate to say it, but i've now read this thread thru and alot of the claims the girls are making are not true, i'm guessing speculation. The ony reason i know this is because i watch the show. Anyway, I've decided to each his own. Kids seem happy and as i have said this does not affect me in least. And honestly, i thought about it i just don't really care.... LOL!! But i respect everyones oponion (sp). :flower:

I heard (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) but her uterus has ruptured 3 times? Surely thats 3 times God told her to stop?!

That is not true. I've watched to hour shows with just interview questions shoot at her like this and it is not true. And i hate to say it, but i've now read this thread thru and alot of the claims the girls are making are not true, i'm guessing speculation. The ony reason i know this is because i watch the show. Anyway, I've decided to each his own. Kids seem happy and as i have said this does not affect me in least. And honestly, i thought about it i just don't really care.... LOL!! But i respect everyones oponion (sp). :flower:

Yeah I just heard it but wasn't sure if it was true. But she must be at a big risk for rupture now.

But still, even if the kids seem happy doesn't mean they are.

Yeah I just heard it but wasn't sure if it was true. But she must be at a big risk for rupture now.

True... You never know what goes on behind closed doors.

I'm sure we'll find out in a few years time, one of them is bound to write a book.

look I may just be cynical but its very hard for me to believe that someone has 20 children just because they really really love having kids and a big family, and to top that off they have a tv show about it. really??

If you love having children and family life , sure you have a big family, but 20? come on..
I come from a culture that have very big families, I know plenty people with 7/8/9 even 10 kids. These people believe that children are G-D's gifts and its our duty to bring them into the world, and even there I can't recall a family bigger than 13 kids. At least not from one marriage.

I have watched the show a few times, she does come off as sweet but I still can't believe it all pure.

I'm sure we'll find out in a few years time, one of them is bound to write a book.

Lol... So true! On another sub about them.. Have you ever seen there home? They actually built it, the entire fam chipped in plus one friend who is a pro at building homes taught them alot of what and how on the house building. Anyway, the home is awesome.. They bought the land years ago and waited years until they had some extra money saved up to start buying materials then went at it. Watching them build it reminded me of how the Amish help each other build or they call raise a barn. Because they have many friends and family help them. It was pretty cool to watch.

Lol... So true! On another sub about them.. Have you ever seen there home? They actually built it, the entire fam chipped in plus one friend who is a pro at building homes taught them alot of what and how on the house building. Anyway, the home is awesome.. They bought the land years ago and waited years until they had some extra money saved up to start buying materials then went at it. Watching them build it reminded me of how the Amish help each other build or they call raise a barn. Because they have many friends and family help them. It was pretty cool to watch.

Heard about that. Would love to build my own house. My brother in law built his house (although not physically himself, but designed it and got builders in) and its a really cool house.

What very selfish parents! Are they millionaires who can afford 20 children, or are they taking alot off the state?

There's already enough over population in this world without these rabbits!

they are homeschooled and don't know that there are other kinds of families out there where the parents can spend lots of time alone with the kids and they actually get to be kids and not having parent their siblings
(there is a big difference in my mind of a sibling helping out and a sibling having to take over parenting which HAS to be what happens with that many kids).

You've mentioned that they're homeschooled several times now. I was homeschooled, and I knew that there were other kinds of families out there. I know multiple families that homeschool, and their kids are not so sheltered either. I don't want anyone to think that a homeschooler gets locked up in their house just because their schooling takes place there.

I am also from a larger family with 9 kids (youngest 3 were adopted after I had already moved out). From the time I was 12, I did a LOT for my younger siblings, cooked dinner every night, washed clothes, checked homework, had them clean their rooms, made sure they brushed their teeth, etc. My parents depended on me a LOT during that time, and I credit that for how responsible of an adult I became.

To contrast my upbringing with the Duggars, I was not handed a young sibling to fully care for at a very young age, meaning I didn't have to change diapers! And I was paid to take care of my siblings. Saved that babysitting money and bought my first car outright with it! :thumbup:

Not all homeschooling is the same, it can be very good and it can be very bad, depends entirely on the parents.

they are homeschooled and don't know that there are other kinds of families out there where the parents can spend lots of time alone with the kids and they actually get to be kids and not having parent their siblings
(there is a big difference in my mind of a sibling helping out and a sibling having to take over parenting which HAS to be what happens with that many kids).

You've mentioned that they're homeschooled several times now. I was homeschooled, and I knew that there were other kinds of families out there. I know multiple families that homeschool, and their kids are not so sheltered either. I don't want anyone to think that a homeschooler gets locked up in their house just because their schooling takes place there.

I am also from a larger family with 9 kids (youngest 3 were adopted after I had already moved out). From the time I was 12, I did a LOT for my younger siblings, cooked dinner every night, washed clothes, checked homework, had them clean their rooms, made sure they brushed their teeth, etc. My parents depended on me a LOT during that time, and I credit that for how responsible of an adult I became.

To contrast my upbringing with the Duggars, I was not handed a young sibling to fully care for at a very young age, meaning I didn't have to change diapers! And I was paid to take care of my siblings. Saved that babysitting money and bought my first car outright with it! :thumbup:

I think its much better to have siblings help out the way your parents did it. With a definite reward for you.

What very selfish parents! Are they millionaires who can afford 20 children, or are they taking alot off the state?

There's already enough over population in this world without these rabbits!

They aren't millionaires, but (to my knowledge) they aren't taking anything off of the state.

I just think that, considering what a scare they had with Josie (#19), that they would be finished having children-- both for the safety of Michelle and the LO! Now that she is expecting though, I wish her a very happy and healthy pregnancy.

Sadly she miscarried :( :( :( https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv...NQ8Whez36e1TvG95Wd5Yz8B5uuIqOFuGpk1H09CzQ#_=_

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->