OT The Duggers are expecting baby #20!

Really.... I think it's crazy, but if they are taking care of them what can I REALLY say? It's not like they're like Octomom- she is irresponsible. The Duggers take care of the children.. and may I add that in the past that older kids were expected to help with the other kids.... and they were expected to do chores and be respectful too... a novel idea huh?

Plus they have excellent morals, speak multiple languages, and are all around very well educated. They are doing a great job IMO.

It's nice to hear all of the positive and nonjudgemental comments about the Duggars on this thread.
If anyone watched the show tonight, they addressed a lot of viewer questions, and they said that they have to go places a lot (errands and such) which they take one or two children with them, during which they get plenty of quality time. Also, they mentioned that home schooling gives added personal time.
I believe, another topic that the producer broached to Michelle was that was she anticipating criticism for this, and she said yes. Don't quote me, but she said basically that if any of her younger ones could speak about it, they would say they are grateful to be there. She said that when she looks into Josie's face, she would go through it all again.
This is not to make a point, just to recap "their" take on it all.

I used to be very critical of the family, and then something changed. :)

I think she is very selfish tell you the truth.... There is no way you can take care of that many kids. I am a devote catholic and we don't believe in Birth Control but having that many children is just nuts... I think she is putting that little baby in risk of the same thing that happen to the last one.. Have you seen the show? The older kids take care of the younger children..... There are already to many people in the world, and were glamorizing them having more and more children Thats just my view on it.

Really? :dohh:

I don't see how it's selfish to want to bring children into this world AND take care of them. It would be different if they were living off of the government but they aren't. They had many children and were doing just fine before the tv show came along. Isn't it all families who's older children help take care of the younger children or did I just come from a family who didn't do things like normal?

I also think it's kind of rude for you to say she is putting her child in danger that she is carrying now just because the last one had some issues. Do you think all women who have trouble shouldn't get pregnant again?

I think having that many kids was normal before birth control was available. I know my mom helped raise her 8 siblings since she was the oldest but I don't think it contributed to her being a happy adult.

I believe that the comments made about how her last pregnancy turned out making another pregnancy a bad idea refers to the fact that your body can only handle so many pregnancies. Each one takes its toll and the last one being so risky may be a sign that her body is reaching its limit.

Anyway, I don't personally have a strong opinion on this, but I do find this funny:
https://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f3/12557d1186154812-vagina-its-not-clown-car-clowncar.jpg

How do they find time or privacy for sex!?!?

How do they find time or privacy for sex!?!?

This is my thought too.

Its not what I want in life, and I have seen the show a few times. Its hard to be objective as you don't know what happens off camera, but the parents seem to have raised a nice bunch of respectful children with a well rounded education, using morals, respect and hard work!

I hope everything is ok with their 20th pregnancy.

I really dont think the older kids should have to help raise the younger ones. I do understand that older siblings help out, but when you have that many kids your older children will always have to be home helping out. Many of her kids are very young and she just cant watch them all! To me it has nothing to do with the amount of kids she has ultimately, but that the older kids have to suffer for it. I doubt they enjoy being a ''parent'' already. And it seems her body cant handle anymore. Most likely why her last baby was born a micro-preemie.

All i wanna know is why oh why did they give them all names begining with j??????

Surely you would just stop having sex after number 15 or you became a grandparent?

Maybe they dont care? I know people that have had kids whilst being grandparents (not old biddies:haha:)

I think its nice that they have a big family, and obviously aren't relying on benefits, or US equivalent, so they can provide for them, but I do wonder how they can divide their time, fairly, between so many t

WSS... Its not like they are that old! You guys are acting like because they have grandchildren and are over 40 they shouldn't have babies.. lol!! They are only a couple years older than me and i just had my first. I say God bless them and if all kids could turn out as wonderful as theirs than i say keep producing. They seem to be wonderful God fearing parents that seem fairly intellgent so i'm sure they know all the risks of having a baby at "their old age." LOL!

135.jpg

t[COLOR="Red" said:
[/COLOR]abitha561;13860001]I think she is very selfish tell you the truth.... There is no way you can take care of that many kids. I am a devote catholic and we don't believe in Birth Control but having that many children is just nuts... I think she is putting that little baby in risk of the same thing that happen to the last one.. Have you seen the show? The older kids take care of the younger children..... There are already to many people in the world, and were glamorizing them having more and more children Thats just my view on it.

Really? :dohh:

I don't see how it's selfish to want to bring children into this world AND take care of them. It would be different if they were living off of the government but they aren't. They had many children and were doing just fine before the tv show came along. Isn't it all families who's older children help take care of the younger children or did I just come from a family who didn't do things like normal?

I also think it's kind of rude for you to say she is putting her child in danger that she is carrying now just because the last one had some issues. Do you think all women who have trouble shouldn't get pregnant again?

WSS..
Exactly, if that were the case i wouldn't have my Lily. And honestly how does this even effect your life in any way to have such a strong opinion? They DON't live off the government and are raising what looks like some very respectful, independent, intellgent children. JMO....

I really dont think the older kids should have to help raise the younger ones. I do understand that older siblings help out, but when you have that many kids your older children will always have to be home helping out. Many of her kids are very young and she just cant watch them all! To me it has nothing to do with the amount of kids she has ultimately, but that the older kids have to suffer for it. I doubt they enjoy being a ''parent'' already. And it seems her body cant handle anymore. Most likely why her last baby was born a micro-preemie.

Teachers manage to watch 30 kids for 6 hours 5 days a week in a classroom. Just saying.

Honestly she was told years ago not to have anymore children as it is dangerous for her and the babies, due to repeated c section scarring and pre eclampsia. I think she is stupid to get pregnant again josie was born at 25 weeks due to severe pre eclampsia, and she was told at the time it was very likely to happen again, she is stupidly risking her life to bring even more children into the world when she already has 19 children and 2 grandchildren to think about, how is it fair on her other kids that she is willing to put her life in danger repeatedly, I hope she reaches menopause before she manages to kill herself by having even more. I dont want to sound horrible but it the truth

Honestly she was told years ago not to have anymore children as it is dangerous for her and the babies, due to repeated c section scarring and pre eclampsia. I think she is stupid to get pregnant again josie was born at 25 weeks due to severe pre eclampsia, and she was told at the time it was very likely to happen again, she is stupidly risking her life to bring even more children into the world when she already has 19 children and 2 grandchildren to think about, how is it fair on her other kids that she is willing to put her life in danger repeatedly, I hope she reaches menopause before she manages to kill herself by having even more. I dont want to sound horrible but it the truth

Exactly WSS.... I think putting her life in danger and potentially leaving her other children without a mummy is really selfish.

God I couldn't go through labour another once never mind 18 times :haha:

like my dad always says, im sure they are happy to be alive no matter how many siblings they have. not really selfish to bring a new life into the world is it?!

At first I was shocked to here the Duggers were having yet another baby. But then it doenst really MATTER to me as I am not a Dugger. Sure it might be dangerous, and she could possibly have another preme, but really she could have an 18th full termer too. THere is no telling. I say good for them, you can tell they are happy with the news!

Everyone saying that it isnt fair on the older children having to look after the little ones; maybe they enjoy it?

I know a family with 7 kids (eldest 22 and youngest 8). NONE of the kids/teenagers like being in the house when its empty, they like having their brothers and sister around, and also, they all do stuff with the younger ones; take them swimming, make cakes etc. They dont HAVE to and nobody asks. They just like too :shrug: I must add, that out of the 7 kids, there is only 1 girl, so it isnt a "girlie, mothering thing" either :)

Exactly WSS.... I think putting her life in danger and potentially leaving her other children without a mummy is really selfish.

Does that rule apply to everything ? Getting in a car = risking life. Going on holiday on a plane = risking life. Eating runny eggs and catching salmonella (or whatever you can get off eggs) = risking life :haha:

There are a lot of preemie moms here, including moms of micropreemies, that have gone on to have healthy near full term, full term, and even overdue babies after. Just because a woman has one preemie does not mean she will have another, the issue is a lot more complex than that.

One thing that Michelle Duggar has over all of us is that she sure as heck knows what she is doing, after all, this would be her 20th baby. Look at her girls, they LOVE helping out with the other babies. Contrary to what some think, many teen girls/preteen siblings love to help out with younger siblings.

They are a happy family, there is no doubt about that, a very strong couple and very good parents. Their kids are happy and productive.

I think I heard her say in an interview somethng about it was so much more challenging when she had like 5 or 6 under 5 or 6 yrs old then having 15+...the whole family helps out.

I think they seem like very happy, healthy, well adjusted kids (well on the show at least). It's definitely not for me as I personally think 20 kids is nuts, but seems to make them happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->