other mothers at the school gate :/

FlumpsMamma

4yo and preg 1st tri
Reaction score
hello :) I haven't been on here for a while, I haven't had the time because of starting college back up again and arranging university etc. so I'm sorry for coming on looking for comfort but I didn't know where else to turn.
It's a common known fact that I find it difficult to talk other mothers face to face, I don't know why but I do! This means that I find it difficult to talk to the other mothers at the school when I drop my little girl off for nursery on an afternoon. But even though I am rather shy I can't help but feel the other mothers don't like me at all, I'm a lot younger than all of them and it feels as though they are trying to push me and my daughter out. Today I was bit early picking my daughter up so obviously I waited in the play ground and two other mothers were there talking about one of their little girls birthday and how she had handed out invitations to people and one of them said quietly but not quietly enough so I couldn't hear "oh, you didn't invite HER did you?" and tilted her head slightly over to me. It made me feel terrible, not because they don't like me, really that doesn't bother me in the slightest but because it felt like my daughter was being excluded because they had something against me.
I know that my daughter hasn't been an angel, I was brought in for her hitting a boy once because he stole her drum and she did throw toilet paper all over the bathroom. These happened when she first started and haven't had anything else happen since. But every time I'm dropping her off and she goes to play with a few of the children I've noticed their mothers shout them over. All she wants to do is be friends with them.
Obviously she has a good friend in there who has just started as well, her mother seems lovely but I can't bring myself to talk to her yet :/ but my daughter and her go in holding hands and put their names next to each other ect.
Am I just being silly? Or are these mothers (and there are 4 of them who all stand and chat) really being so nasty as to exclude my daughter simply because they have something against me? Maybe because of my age and the stereotypes that go with it?

Sorry for the essay but I'm very close to tears about this all right now
Thank you if you managed to read all of this... You deserve a medal, or at least a glass of wine :)

Some women never leave the playground mentality behind, I've know women in their 30s who are as catty and immature as 10 year old girls.

Be the better person, smile at them say hello and walk past them whilst thinking how sad it must be to be them.

I agree with Kala, I'd smile and walk on by.

I know how hard it is to chat to other mums but even a friendly ''hello'' has made a difference I have found :)

Aside from that, let them get on with it. Bunch of bitches.

There was also an incident a few days ago when my daughter came home in tears saying a girl had pulled her hair because her mummy said she didn't like her. I'm guessing she heard them say they didn't like me and put two and two together... But I am tempted to crack some skulls if anything like that happens again

I call it the coven . School mums can be horrid. I'm not popular but i smile sweetly and try not to let it worry me. In your shoes i wwould try to get to know the parents of your little ggirls friend. But honestly they do not matter and if someone is picking on your daughter they should be brought up on it too!

There's always a group of mean girls where ever you go.
There was a group at my eldest nursery, I was always given weird looks. They are all older than me. But now that zanes in reception and the mean girls have been spilt up, the leads daughter is with my son.
Her daughter was invited to my sons bday at my house. It's childish but I know where she lives and it's a horrible area and not a great house, I took great pleasure in her seeing my home, which is a lot nicer and mine!

Don't let this effect u, I'm not one to talk to people I don't know, and I'm not even shy.
The best thing u can do to someone who doesn't like u is smile.

They're probably just jealous of you being younger than they are. I really wouldn't about the opinions of some bitchy old women who have too much time on their hands. Another child will do something soon and they'll probably get the same treatment sadly. As long as your daughter has other friends, then don't worry, she probably isn't the only kid they've left out. Hold your head high and don't be afraid to talk to this other lady (maybe about a school trip, project or holidays etc )

Ignore them. When i was teaching the bitchy parents were well known. I had one childs mum who was treated horribly by other mums and she was sweetest lady. I hate these cliques. I see it at baby and toddler but to be honest i ignore as i really dont care. Im shy but as i have got to know them i dont think much of them either and they are still living in high school mentality and not worth the worry

I don't understand the mentality of being jealous about me being younger. They are all married women who get to stay at home with their children (I know because I've heard them talking about it) and I'm technically single (my boyfriend who isn't the dad doesn't live with us) and have to juggle my 3 year old as well as millions of assignments on a limited budget. I think maybe they don't like me because they think I'm bit a of a doser not being married and currently on benefits while I go through education. I could get a job but I know I wouldn't be able to cope with uni a three year old and a job and I want a much better life than what I could get by working in a shop or care home. (I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that my mother raised me and my sister doing it and I don't want to struggle like she did is all)

There was also an incident a few days ago when my daughter came home in tears saying a girl had pulled her hair because her mummy said she didn't like her. I'm guessing she heard them say they didn't like me and put two and two together... But I am tempted to crack some skulls if anything like that happens again

I'd let the school know about that tbh. If those mums decide they don't like you based on nothing or have chosen to dislike your daughter based on a couple of incidents then that's their pathetic issue. I think it's only fair to let them know that the child in question is picking up on their nasty vibes so they need to grow the hell up. The kids should be blissfully unaware, not picking on eachother because of it.

iv also been treat like this at my sons old school most girls were young aswell though:/ i had a girl walk past me and call me a slag, i got stared at, at the xmas play i was sat at the back by my self because no one would sit by me, i think some women/(girls) can be immature bitches id just ignore them tbh hun xx

I would just ignore them. I don't think it's an age thing it's just a people being really immature and pathetic thing. I've come across some high school behaviour from grown adults recently that has really shocked me. I thought that now I'm in my mid thirties I'd left all that behind but it seems that some people never grow out of it. It's ridiculous! Just smile serenely and try not to let it get to you.

There must be some nice mums there. Look out for a friendly face and just start chatting.
There was a bit of a bitchy group at dd1s old school, I distanced myself from them when I heard this gran saying racist things! Cow. I wouldn't want my kids hanging around with their kids if that's how they behave.

I've made some lovely mummy friends though outside school, so don't let then make you feel that way. :hugs:

Theres always mean girls :( My nan says they get groups of them at bingo.

Put a smile on your face and walk on by hun. You and your LO are worth a thousand of them. Your daughter will be okay, kids are friends with whoever they want to be friends with hun,

x

They're just bitches. I went to an all girls school And there were some bitches there that I would be shocked if they had outgrown that behaviour, and they most likely will have kids at some point. Ignore it, hold your head high and don't let anyone bully your daughter

We have a group of mums like this in amelias class..
It bothers me more than even though Amelia
plays with their children every day (there is a group
of them that play games every lunch time, playtime etc)
she isn't invited to their birthday parties as I am not part
of their bitchy mummy gang.

With 3 children under 5 I have no time for bitchy games..
I am quite happy to talk to people although I am ridiculously
shy but not in a giant group.

I agree with smiling and saying hello and being the bigger person

xx

All in little 'groups' at my kids school. If school wasnt so great id be moving my girls. Some of kids have more manners than the parents :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->