Ouch! Don't read if squemish!

hi noodles i remember you from TTC,im delighted your son has arrived happy and healthy,enjoy every second coz it flys in too quick :happydance:

Congrats hun!!! Glad to hear your both doing well!!! Hope I'm as brave as you!!!:hugs:

just goes to show it really can happen at any time and unexpectedly.
i was almost in tears reading that...Im just glad you both cmae out shining at the other end. xxxx :hugs:

congratulations!!!! sorry to hear it wasn't the easiest labor - hope you recover quickly :) :cloud9:

So anyway I get to the pushing stage and by this time my pethidine had 'worn off' and they didn't want me to have any gas and air as I wouldn't know when to push so I had to deliver with sod all drugs and I swear if the doctor said 'go on you can push harder than that' one more time I was going to punch him in the face!

Brief rant: Seriously, if a MALE doctor said that to me while I was pushing, I would have told him off in no-uncertain terms. How the F*** would he know- he's obviously not given birth!!! Don't F***ing criticise a woman whose birthing a child!!

you're a saint for not decking him IMMEDIATELY when he said that- an absolute SAINT IMHO!

Okay, now that I got that off my chest- congrats on your lovely baby!!!!

So anyway I get to the pushing stage and by this time my pethidine had 'worn off' and they didn't want me to have any gas and air as I wouldn't know when to push so I had to deliver with sod all drugs and I swear if the doctor said 'go on you can push harder than that' one more time I was going to punch him in the face!

Brief rant: Seriously, if a MALE doctor said that to me while I was pushing, I would have told him off in no-uncertain terms. How the F*** would he know- he's obviously not given birth!!! Don't F***ing criticise a woman whose birthing a child!!

you're a saint for not decking him IMMEDIATELY when he said that- an absolute SAINT IMHO!

LOL that was my point exactly. The midwife wasn't much better though. For one contraction I made a funny noise (yes I may have sounded like some creature from the dead, but I was trying my best) and she told me to 'stop making that silly noise' as I'll hurt my throat - yes because possibly having to by some strepsils afterwards was a really concern of mine.

LOL that was my point exactly. The midwife wasn't much better though. For one contraction I made a funny noise (yes I may have sounded like some creature from the dead, but I was trying my best) and she told me to 'stop making that silly noise' as I'll hurt my throat - yes because possibly having to by some strepsils afterwards was a really concern of mine.

What a cheeky cow!! You're definitely a saint in my books, I would have gotten mighty impolite with those kind of comments :blush:

Oh Noodles, thank you very much for sharing your story (even if in a tiny nutshell!). You were very brave and went through a tough one. Glad to read that after all you are fine and enjoying your baby.

Congratulations :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->