Ouch :(

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
In so much pain. Since I woke up this morning, about 7ish, I've been having awful stomach cramps all along the top/middle of my bump. I've tried having a bath, was sat in it for an hour, just nothing is easing it. I'm not one to ring the midwife and complain, I've only seen/spoken to her 3 times during this pregnancy, but don't know if its normal or not? Any suggestions for things I can try to make them ease off? I need to go food shopping so need them gone!! x

I would call. It sounds like it could be symptoms of pre-term labor. It's better to get checked out.

yes I would call. especially after your history. better safe then sorry.

Don't worry about shopping I would get that checked first. I started having contractions and dilating at 24 weeks and I am now 30 as I got in early they were able to help, still at high risk so any changes I always get checked no matter how much I annoy them.

I agree with the others. Making a phone call is a very good idea. They will soon tell you to come in if they think you need to. You don't need the pain, or the stress. I hope it eases for you soon. :hugs:

The cramps aren't as intense, but still there. Just a bit of a nightmare going to get checked out, my dr is a 40 min walk away, and if I have to go to l&d it's a 40 min walk, followed by a 40 min bus journey. Just don't feel up to the walk :( hoping it eases off overnight. Baby is still wriggling away x

If still in pain i would try and make the trip. is there a way you can take a taxi/cab instead of walking? or have someone drive you?

Hope you're feeling better today lexi ... If the pains are still there i would definately get checked out for reassurance. Im sure all is well but can't leave anything to chance x

I've had some painful braxton hicks recently, phones the midwife but luckily they stopped so I didn't get checked out. Painful BH do happen apparently... Especially if you've had a pregnancy before. Hoping its just that and nothing more serious x

Hope you are feeling better today Lexi x

Thinking about you Lexi. Xx hope your feeling better. Xxx

Sorry haven't updated, my nephew has just been born so been having cuddles :) the pain still hasn't gone away, I looked on the dreaded google. Apparently constant pain under your right rib/top of bump can be a sign of pre e. tie that in with the headache I've had for 3 weeks, and I'm going to give in and go to the drs today. I was at the mw last Tuesday and my bp was fine, had glucose in my urine, but no protein, but don't know how quickly that can change? My mum had pre e in all 3 of her pregnancies, and my consultant did say it can be genetic. Fingers crossed all is well and it's just how she's laying, but for how much she wriggles and moves, the pain hasn't gone away :( thank you for all the thoughts!! xx

Glad you are getting looked at! Keep us updated!

Hope you get good news from the doctors and its not pre e! X

Call girly! Hope all goes well. THinking of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->