Ouch!

annio84

Grace's mummy
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

my little girl is 15 months next week and bf is still going strong. Normally when AF is on the way I get about 5 days of discomfort, then the witch arrives and all goes back to normal. This month the pain has been unbearable. It started well over a week before AF arrived and then I was late. Anyway, I'm still in pain. I dread my dd wanting to feed. My nipples are chapped and cracked, it's worse than when she was newborn. She is teething at the moment which may not be helping.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm not ready to stop feeding her but it hurts so much I have seriously considered it several times in the last week or so.

Oh I am so sorry to hear nursing is causing you so much discomfort! Is it possible you and LO could have thrush? It is very common, usually causes pain inside the breast as well but can pass to the nipples. Check if LO has any white on her tongue or seems to have an itchy mouth. Regardless I would check with a doc to make sure there is no other sort of infection. It is probably from baby teething, perhaps suckling with a mightier latch to soothe herself from the pain of her teeth coming in and your breasts are starting to feel the effects. If you aren't ready to wean her yet, but the discomfort is this bad, I definitely suggest checking with your doctor to make sure all is well and get some pointers on easing the pain! Good luck to you! <3

I had this when I ovulated. Like I had a week per month that I dreaded every feed and it felt like I was getting my nipple near bitten off. It was horrible.

So I went on the mini pill cerazette. Completely cured it as you don't ovulate on that one.

Swapped to the implant on Wednesday as it's the same hormone. So now I'm guaranteed 3 years of no ovulation pain! Yaaaay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->