Our baby will be nameless :-( please help!

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

Ok so I'm exaggerating but honestly I do worry about how we will ever come to a decision on DD2 (due in Feb). We struggled with girls names for DD1 and eventually decided the day before she was born. When we found out we were expecting another girl I knew we were in trouble with names (the only one we liked we used on DD1!!!)

Neither DH or I like modern or 'faddy' names and prefer more traditional, 'old lady' names :thumbup:

Our DD1 is Daisy. I dont want another flower name (although quite like Poppy or Lily) but want something not very common. I had considered Bonnie until my Husband said it was a dogs name!!??

Can anyone suggest anything thats not already really popular? What were your Grandmothers names? old Aunts? etc....

I LOVE Ruby but DH hates it so its always been off the cards - he had an Aunt Ruby.

I also like May but again Im hearing it everywhere.

Any help REALLy appreciated !

As soon as I read you named your daughter Daisy I was going to suggest Ruby! :lol: It's too bad your husband doesn't like it!

I like the name Olivia, but it's become so popular! :(

My grandmothers name is Madeline. However people call her Madie :)

My grandmother was Jesse and Rosemarie.....few suggestions

Ava
Evelyn
Nora
Layla
Joy
Miriam
Adelaide

Adeline
Margaret (Maggie)
Juliette
Alice
Violet
Rosalie
Hazel
Charlotte (Lottie)
Dorothy
Maria

OOO i love old lady traditional names

how about

Molly
Ada
Elsa
Sylvie
Joy
Jeidi
Kathleen
Hattie
Dora
Joan
Clara
Jean
Nora

Edith
Shirley
Maxine
Joyce

These are our grandmas names, I love the name Edith (We have Meredith on our list of names :) but still have no idea what we'll choose.)

I like the name Bonnie (My child hood dogs name was Bonnie but I still think it's a pretty name for a baby)
A friend recently named her baby Libby (One of my grandmas had a dog named Libby) I think it would only matter if you/family new a dog with the name? There's also a dog named Charlie but that's used a lot for babies ...

Audrey was one of my favourite names but I can't use it now (I Don't want to because my sister used it for her puppy :( ...)

Have fun deciding her name :thumbup:

Im not keen on 'old ladies names' but I do love the name Etta.

Well my grandparents are called ivy and violet. But that's going on the plant names again. Opal is an older name. Geraldine?

I'm not much of a fan of "old lady" names personally - I think they're cute for a baby - but I can't imagine a beautiful young woman *wanting* an old lady name (if she were to have a say in her own name).

But - that's just my opinion.

I do think Vivienne is quite nice. I think it looks pretty and I think "Vivi" is a cute nickname.

Daisy & Hazel go nicely together.

My Grandmother had a very pretty name that is quite unique - I've never heard anyone use her name - at least not in the past 60 years or so!! :haha: Her name was Wanda.

Doris
Emily
Anna
Rosalie
Louise
Margret (Greta)
Evelyn
Shirley
Cynthia

My grandmas are jemima and Maureen and my great grandma was Florence Elma =) I like Elsa and Eden

I really like Hazel! My best friends name is Bonnie.... I've never heard a dog with that name :shrug:

Rosemary and Wendy where my grandmothers name. There was a big age difference in them though with about 30 years. My great grandmother was called Dorothy but everyone called her Dolly.

Other old people ladies names I know are

Bertha,
Betty,
Ethel,
Myrtle,
Constance (I went to school with one and she was called Connie)
Shirley

I understand your struggle with names though. As soon as I got my BFP I had a name picked out for her, but as soon as I had my 20 week scan, confirmed that she was a girl, I went off her name completely and really struggling with a replacement name.

thanks for the replies :)

Actually Connie is a name we have on our list and at the moment its looking like the favourite. We have so far:

Connie - sweet and not heard of too often?
Olivia (Liv/Livvy for short) - Cute but maybe overly popular?
Bonnie - Still like it even though it conjurers up images of golden retrievers :)
Emily - Good solid traditional name
Matilda (Tilly for short) - Yes I do think of the film Matilda but thats ok!

Love some of the suggestions guys thank you, as soon as I say them to DH though he says "hmm, no dont like that" lol! - awkward man!

Look forward to reading some more ;-)

We are in the same boat. DD is Lydia and I can't think of a name for dd2! Grandparents names were Esther and Ellen on my side and Sarah and Martha on DH side :) For number 2 we are considering Julia or Leah... I just don't know!

We are stuck too

My dd is Ava Jane this time I like Scarlett Cole

Also like Molly Cara And Juliet

My grandmothers were May (surname Cole hence my choice of middle name) and Margaret, my mum is Eleanor, my DH grandmothers and greaT grandmothers were Annie, Jane , Eva-Jane

Other old names that you might like Isobel, Flora, Esme, Adeline, Maria, Rosie, Pearl,

Enid
Ethel
Esther
Rosa
Matilda
Joan
Joyce
Edna
Sally
Annie
Hattie
Bettie
Hettie
Violet

My an was called love day yep u read right she hated it though and chose to be called pearl
My husbands is Peggy
And my other nan Marie

Names of the older generation females in my family are:

Donalda (Don-ell-dah)
Nancy
Debra
Allie (just Allie)
Stella
Mary
Josephine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online