Our bump buddy journal - Teacup & Aleeah

Weekend was busy again, I came back just before lunch on Saturday and then the sickness hit. I felt so rough, was retching all afternoon until I ate some toast. I think I would feel sick if I didn't eat often, it seems hunger makes me want to barf?!:wacko:

I did my digital yesterday too and it was 3+ and came up really quickly, so was very relieved. Awesome you got 3+ too, are you feeling more confident now?:happydance:

Sis in law is STILL overdue !!:wacko: She was due last Tuesday, I feel for her, she's getting so many people asking "is the baby here yet?!".:coffee: It's her 3rd and she never goes overdue, wondering if her dates are even right as she fell pregnant without a period after the last bubba.

Did you register with the midwife, when's your first appointment? My silly 10 week scan seems like a liftetime away. If this pregnancy is viable I can imagine OH will announce it to the world over Easter, as we have family over and although that would be so lovely I'd really rather wait it out for as long as possible. But we shall see. I did think on Saturday whilst I was retching into the toilet I've got to tell him, he needs to help me as he was very unsympathetic, he thought I'd had some wild night out the night before :haha:. But I felt upset telling him that way after everything so I've cracked on with making the announcement stuff so it's ready for if I have a weak moment before Wednesday. I'll likely wait as want DD to be there too.

Hope your break took off after hubby finished work and you've had/or are having fun at in-laws? It's nice going to in-laws, I feel I can kick back a bit with Sienna and she can get attention from elsewhere.

Sienna's wee incident I hope was a one off, we were out all day yesterday and she didn't have any accidents, so fingers crossed.

I'll post pics once I've finished the announcements! Have you been up to much whilst away?? xxxxx

Hi Aleeah! Yayyyy that you got 3+ as well on your digital! :happydance: I'm getting pee-on-a-stick withdrawal symptoms now! I'm being strong though and am not buying any more! :haha:

Feeling super exhausted lately. Ida didn't wake up until 8am this morning, so I shouldn't have been tired, but I had a nap at 2pm and didn't wake up until 4.30pm! Ida was still asleep so we had to put her to bed late tonight. I fancy another sleep now! :haha: I never had this super exhaustion when I was pregnant with Ida, but then I didn't have a toddler to keep me busy,

Retching is a wonderful symptom! I haven't got it yet, but it shows how super snuggled in your bubba is! :happydance: I had retching from 7 weeks when I was pregnant with Ida, so I'm expecting that to start in a week or two.

Yep I registered with the midwife team, and they said that I'll receive an letter with my booking in appointment soon. She asked me on the phone if I wanted a home birth. :rofl: I said 'No, I want a c-section as I had an emergency c-section last time' and she just said 'well you can talk about that at your booking in appointment.' So not sure whether they will let me or not. I have been in two minds about it lately, but I just know that the baby will get stuck as that is what happened with my sisters. Also, when Ida was born she had a wide head :haha: so knowing my luck so will this baby!

How are you feeling about the VBAC? I sort of wish I was brave enough and still may change by mind regarding the c-section. I don't like the thought of being cut open. :sick:

SO excited to see your announcements made up for tomorrow! :happydance: Are they all finished and ready? Are you telling Sienna as well tomorrow?

We spoke about telling Chris's parents when we stay with them on Thursday for the weekend, but we will try not to. It is much nicer telling everyone after the scan. I know I would play it down otherwise and say 'it's early days, we haven't had a scan yet' which would be a shame.

Yes Easter weekend would be when we would be announcing our pregnancy to family probably too, I hope we can have a scan before then! Is the doctor going by the first day of your last period for your 10 week scan? That will at least bring it forward a little.

I tentatively suggested an early private scan to OH and he said no. I guess I'll just have to wait! He made a delicious roast lamb dinner for me tonight and gave me the last bit of lamb, saying 'well, you are the pregnant one' and then Ida shouted 'Pregnant!? Pregnant!?' I don't think she knows what it means, but it was so funny! She sounded outraged for some reason! :haha:

Our week off is going so quickly so far, and we haven't had any big days out because the weather has been so rubbish. We tried to take Ida to an animal park on Sunday, but then she fell asleep in the pushchair before we got there, and then it started lashing with rain and the wind was cold so we went home again without seeing the animals! :haha: Luckily she forgot where we were going and didn't seem disappointed when she woke up at our house.

Hope everything is okay with you! Have you got any day out planned for OH's birthday? Xxxxx

Totally with you about the withdrawal from the pee on a stick, I still have 4 tests left in the drawer (I ALWAYS like having back ups) but am so far resisting temptation. :wacko:

My nephew was finally born last night, big baby at 8lbs 10oz, shares same birthday as OH and my Dad. He's the first little boy born after my Dad passed away so it means a lot he picked this day to be born. He looks so cute in the pics I got sent, literally just perfect.:cloud9:

The super exhaustion is SUCH a good sign !!:dance: I never seem to have it which is really annoying, as I just get insomnia so I'm more tired than ever because I'm not sleeping well at all. I get so hot, I have both our bedroom windows open at night and I'm still hot outside the duvet. OH said it's hot in our bedroom too, so glad it's not totally pregnancy related. I can imagine it is exhausting for you with Ida, I do applaud you :bodyb:, they're at an age where they get bored so easily, I find it hard to keep Sienna entertained for very long.

I only had retching with the twin pregnancy but then it was ALL the time, it was horrific. This time it's only happened twice, so hoping that's it. My pregnancies are normally fairly non eventful on the symptoms side.

They will give you the option of a c-section again, I was offered it last time. SO funny she asked if you wanted a home birth!! I'm well tempted, I imagine myself to be this amazing earth mother that birthed her child at home \\:D/ .... in reality I'd be a banshee screaming for pain relief !!:rofl:

My lovely amazing doctor called me yesterday evening to ask how my scan went....:shrug: Instantly thought... "sh1t !!! It must've been on 28th Feb and not March !!!!":confused: But thankfully he just assumed I'd already had it as he'd requested it early. He was pretty peeved I'd been booked in so late, so he's seeing me late tomorrow to go over my weight and go through other things. He's expecting a miscarriage, I could tell, I don't blame him, the odds are against me but I am so grateful he's trying to be proactive about it. Apparently I'm being upgraded to silver care from now, so should get a scan appointment really soon. Basically he needs a scan so they can see how baby is etc, and then they can test my hormone levels to make sure they are where they should be based off of babies growth. Then they can calculate if I need any additional supplements or not. I did think "I want platinum care !!":haha:

He seems to be hung up about my weight, I think he'll feel different when he sees me and remembers how short I am, I'm fairly in proportion, obviously would have a problem if I was a 6 foot lady but being 5 foot 3 inches my weight's fine I feel.

I totally get the playing it down if you tell before scan. I'm so optimistic for you but get you'll feel more comfortable once you have the scan under your belt. How's your bump coming along? I still don't have one but that might be because the roll of belly fat I acquired thanks to the last baby :oops:. Doctor doesn't want to date it, he wants the scan to determine the date, I've read up online and actually it's very accurate to date via an early scan. I think I'll just go into the appointment and tell them when I fully believe I ovulated and let them date me from there, I say I can't remember when AF was. I was 15 days over with Sienna and I don't feel she was an overdue baby when she was born, they messed my dates up and I got so worried towards the end about being overdue. So this time I don't want to end up in the same place, even if it's just by 5 days.

Bummer about the early scan, men are annoying and always say no to all that stuff !:x Me and OH had the biggest argument last night, his job always comes before anything else. I get he's stressed at the moment because of his new role but I asked if he could come back from the office a little early on Thursday as I had an appointment at 5.30pm with the doctor. He didn't even ask what it was for, you'd think I asked him to cut his arm off or something [-(. He was like no way, it's not important etc etc. I get he doesn't know but I felt very alone last pregnancy and I'm dreading it happening all over again. I know the man I met and married, I get he's selfish in so many ways but just wish he was more supportive sometimes. It's also annoying as my brother's are the other way, they're so over the top with their wives I can't help but get a little jealous :mrgreen:. I don't want all of that, it would be too much for me, I like my independence but some help now and again would be good. I never mention it but he seems to forget I earn a third more than him, so my job is important too but yet I take all the responsibility of looking after Sienna, making sure she gets to childminders, picking her up, dinners, looking after her when childminder has holidays etc. I work all that around my job. In hindsight he was an a55hole last night and I for sure overreacted. We made up fairly quickly and after telling him about bubba I guess he'll get it a bit more, well I hope he does !!!:haha:

SSSSOOOO cute Ida shouting out Pregnant !!:rofl: And how sweet is your hubby spoiling you with dinner ! I love a roast, can't beat them. I bet you can't wait to see Ida as a big sister. I think we'll have to hold off telling Sienna as she's got the biggest mouth in the world and I don't want the childminder worrying she'll lose the income if we keep Sienna home during my maternity leave. If we can afford it I'd like to keep sending Sienna for some days, it would help me out and the childminder and Sienna adore each other so wouldn't want to take that away.

Your animal park story brought a smile to my face. The exact same thing has happened to us twice now, Will refuses to go back there as apparently it gives Sienna narcolepsy !!! :shy::rofl:

I'm so glad we've found eachother again, honestly, this crazy pregnancy journey is SO much easier with you than it would be on my own :hugs:

xxxxxxxx

Attachments

• Bird Announcement.jpg
    Bird Announcement.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Bird Announcement 2.jpg
    Bird Announcement 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Pumpkin Announcement.jpg
    Pumpkin Announcement.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Pumpkin Announcement 2.jpg
    Pumpkin Announcement 2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations on your new nephew! :happydance: Aww that's wonderful that he shares a birthday with your late father, it sounds like he held on for that date.

Wow your doctor DOES sound nice! How lovely that he phoned to check on you. I hope your appointment goes well, and that he gets you an even earlier scan. It must be reassuring that they are looking after you well. He probably isn't expecting a miscarriage, just wants to reasurre you about the pregnancy. :hugs: This baby is going to be in your arms in October, I just know it.

Little bump is still there, and I have been alternating baggy jumpers! :haha: I have this weird wee problem that I had when I was pregnant with Ida, where I would do a wee and then feel like I hadn't done the full amount, and have to go back to do another trickle. I don't know what causes it, but it's obviously pregnancy related. Last time I blamed it on the sonographer pressing on my full bladder during my early scan, but as I have it this time as well it obviously wasn't her fault! :blush:

Sorry to hear OH wasn't very helpful with your doctors appointment, he probably was tired and grouchy maybe, I bet he felt bad later. Is it his birthday today? I absolutely LOVE your announcement gifts for him, they are wonderful! The bird one is my favourite, I'm so excited to hear his reaction. :happydance:

I have been reading up on VBAC and elective c-section, and am still none the wiser! Sounds like there are risks with both and it's really a case by case thing. I think I would likely end up with an emergency c-section anyway, so a planned one seems the best option for me, but I'll chat with the midwives etc.

We're off to OH's parents tomorrow, I'm a bit worried how the sleeping arrangements will go, as I'm hoping Ida will just be in her inflatable toddler bed, but so long as we bring enough books for her to look at then she should be happy and go to sleep I think. Here we have a staircase though, and they don't have one, so she may just keep wandering off looking for everyone! We have a travel cot but I'm worried she's too big for it now and I don't want her hurting herself trying to climb out.

Yes I'm so glad we found each other on the forum again at the right time. :hugs: I still find it strange how in sync our cycles were! Looking forward to hearing your OH's reaction to your announcement and hearing how your doc appointment went. Xxxx

I really hope this is a sticky baby. It went down so well with hubby yesterday. It was very emotional but he loved the announcements and was pleased I told him now and not after the 12 week scan as he said then he'd have missed out on a lot and would have been upset.:thumbup: We had a lovely day together yesterday and he woke up grinning this morning. He's gone into typical OH mode now though, as he ordered lots of things for Sienna's new room online last night, and seems to want to finish it within 2 weeks !!!:wacko: I did explain we have plenty of time but he's an organiser and hates anything hanging over him.

Funny you blamed the sonographer last time about your wee problem !!:haha: I guess for you though, it's a good sign as you know that's what happened when you were pregnant with Ida, at least you know you're getting consistent symptoms. It's probably something to do with your tilted uterus and not quite emptying your bladder because of it and the pressure on it.

Hubby recognised the bird from my announcement straight away, we had them on our wedding day and I've got a few dotted around the house as a reminder, so it was quite sentimental. And obviously using the bobbin was nice too as Sienna's nickname is Bobbin. In all fairness she very often corrects people and says "not Sienna, I'm Bobbin!". :blush::haha:

One of my other SIL's recently had a planned c-section as her baby was breech, amazingly she was only in for 24 hours ! I'd go with planned if they could guarantee that for me but I'm not sure if they could. Granted we had problems with Sienna last time but I hated being in for 4 days, I was literally crawling the walls desperate to get home.:growlmad:

It's hard with children at the age 2-3 mark with sleeping when you're away. Sienna still sleeps in a big travel cot at the childminder's but it's sort of inbetween a travel cot size and cot bed. So it's quite big. When I stay at bro's, recently, I've been putting the cot bed mattress (I bought an additional 1 piece one ages ago as was worried the other one that came with the cot bed was too thin and hard) on the floor with a duvet rolled up next to it, so it's a bit wider. It's not really big enough, as I can tell Sienna finds it too small as she rolls off it quite often but not sure what else to do at the moment as don't want to store more stuff at bro's as feel bad :wacko:. It'll get easier once they are totally used to single beds, as then they'll sleep in any bed but I get your reservations right now.

I still can't believe how in sync our cycles were as well.:happydance: I genuinely thought as soon as I say I had AF on 13th Jan and then ovulated early Feb everyone's going to be like "Whhhaaatt?! Weirdo !! That's not normal AT ALL! No chance of getting pregnant with a cycle like that".:blush: But here we both are, evidently it's more normal than I believed it to be.

Hope the journey to in-laws isn't too bad. I'll keep you posted on docs appointment xxxx

Hi Aleeah! Sorry for neglecting our buddy thread, we got back from are few days away today. We are all exhausted! Happy to be home! How are you? Did the nausea creep back again?

We had a nice few days, OH and I had an evening out without Ida, staying over OH's parents afterwards, and then we stayed at a hotel the following night toddler free. We all stayed at OH's parents again last night.

We managed to not tell OH's parents about the new baby, it was difficult though! I kept getting hungry but didn't want to sound like a greedy demanding guest so just starved in silence. OH said that his mum spoke to him on Saturday morning, suggesting that we should have another baby because Ida gets on so well with her cousins. :haha: He kept our secret though!

Have you got a new date for your scan? How did your doc appointment go? Xxxx

Hey there !

Sounds like you had a wonderful time away, so glad you made the most of the babysitting and got out.:happydance: I did tell OH the other day that we should get out on our own whilst we can still pay a babysitter to come and look after Sienna in the evening. We've only done that once but because we don't see her much during the week, I feel a bit mean going out without her, even though she's asleep in the evenings !:wacko: I think I'd feel better about it if I saw her more during the week.

Lovely staying in a hotel, makes you feel like the old you as a couple again doesn't it? We stayed in a hotel for my work christmas party, we took full advantage and stayed up silly late but had such a nice time, really good memories.

I'm SO impressed you managed to stay quiet about the baby, very cute MIL was prodding hubby to get on with the baby making, imagine how pleased she'll be when she finds out !:dance: I totally get about the not being able to say anything about the food, I've got loads of cereal bars this time and carry them with me and can sneak them in when I get really peckish, you should do the same.

No new date for the scan, the appointment was really non eventutful.:huh: He just took more details about when my miscarriages were and then referred me to the recurrent miscarriage clinic. In all fairness he wasn't overly optimistic for me but I wasn't expecting him to be, he can only go on past. Initially I started feeling pessimistic again but a weekend with hubby has made me feel optimistic again.

I'm really shocked as OH texted earlier to say he'd like us to go for an early scan weekend of the 18th. Said we can book in for a private one and pay for it. I'll be around 8.5 weeks by then and I remember Sienna looked like a little fat gummy bear at that stage, would be cute to see baby and know it's ok. I'm not booking it yet though, will wait a week or so to see what comes in the post from the miscarriage clinic.

How are you feeling any new symptoms? In other news my a55 is coming into it's own, the thing I love about pregnancy is I get a bit of a bum, I say that loosely, this was me at 8 months preggo and my bum is non existent in the pic but in real life it was significant for me !! I'm looking forward to growing a booty ! xxxx

Attachments

• Bump Sienna.jpg
    Bump Sienna.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 3
Wow that's great that OH suggested an early scan! :happydance: Yes, good idea to wait to hear from the recurrent miscarriage team, they will probably give you lots of early scans for free, but it's nice to know you have a back up plan if they don't. :thumbup:

Would you leave Sienna with the childminder when you go for your scan? I'm not sure what we would do with Ida. I could make up a reason to my mum, though maybe it would be better if I told her the truth in case it didn't go well.

I have worked out I have between 3-5 weeks before a scan. Though I haven't had a booking-in appointment yet, I thought it would have arrived in the post by now. I don't think I get a date for my scan until I've had my booking in appointment. I'm worried there won't be any scan appointment slots left soon and then I will have to wait until 14 weeks! :dohh:

Haha! Yayy for growing a booty! :happydance: I already have a round bum, but not much in the way of boobs! Pregnancy gives me bigger boobs, so that is one of the things I'm looking forward to. :haha:

I LOVE your bump in that pic, you look so slim but with a lovely big bump. I looked massive towards the end of my pregnancy when I was expecting Ida. I'm naturally quite slim, but I ate far too many chocolate sponge puddings when pregnant, I craved them all the time! I have already had a craving for chocolate cake, so I will try to control myself this time! :haha:

I'm starting to feel a little sick, mostly when I'm hungry. I retched when I smelt the sausages cooking this evening and couldn't eat them. I want bland food at the moment (or chocolate cake! Haha!). I did myself a crappy frozen pizza. I'll force myself to look for some fruit before bed so the baby can have something healthy. When I was last pregnant I ate lots of McDonald's in the first trimester. :blush:

My tummy is still round, and I keep pulling my high waisted trousers up to my boobs (so they don't cut into my bump)! :haha: I do it without thinking at work, and I'm worried people think I'm weird. How are you symptom wise?

Ida keeps saying things like 'mummy's growing a baby' and 'a baby has fallen out of mummy's tummy' (that last one freaked me out a bit! I had to go to the loo and check!) I haven't said anything to her about the baby, so it's spooky she's saying these things. She has also been a little more affectionate with me (she's generally a Daddy's girl).

My Dad wants to come and stay soon, but I know that I'm coming up to my retching phase where I can't stand certain smells, and he loves stinky cheeses and big fry ups. I'm not sure what to do really, I'm wondering about putting him off until April when I can hopefully tell people.

Have you heard from the recurrent miscarriage clinic yet? I really have great feelings that your bobbin is snuggled in the right place and growing nicely. Xxxxx

So the clinic have booked me into a hospital 40 miles away, really not ideal but I guess I should attend the first appointment at a minimum and then try and get transferred back to my local hospital (2 miles away!). I got a phone call this morning and the appointment is for this Friday at 11am... eeeek!!!! Hubby is working, so I'll go on my own, so nervous!

It's hard about leaving Ida behind or not. I would leave her with your mum and tell her why. You'd want her to be there for you all if the worst was to happen so I'd pre-warn her. I was nervous about booking in the private scan early as I guess it might be a transvaginal and I'd hate for Sienna to witness that... I'd hate for anyone too :haha:.

I think time flies by after the booking in appointment, it becomes so real at that point. Can you call up and get it booked in yourself? Try getting it within the next week or two, then it'll be a short weight before your scan and agree at least then you'll get your scan closer to 11 weeks rather than 13 weeks !!

I loathe my boobs, they were a ridiculous 32F before Sienna but breastfeeding made them small, so more like a 32DD/E after her and now they've got to 32F again already... I wouldn't mind if I was not pregnant but my nipples are sore already and I look like someone from Shameless most days at the moment as don't like wearing bra's !! :wacko::haha:

I don't remember being all bump, I think that pic is deceptive because it's from the side, my face was mahoosive !! I'm sure you weren't that big, any change feels massive when we're pregnant. I hate this stage though, it's like the frumpy stage.

I know sickness isn't good but it's a great sign as signs go !! I would maybe just try and put your dad off until you can tell him or tell him now. You'd rather he knew and wasn't making you feel sick etc. I don't have any obvious symptoms bar feeling sick if I don't eat often enough but that's easy enough to deal with.

Roll on the next 5 weeks and we're in the safe zone ! xxxx

That's great that you have a scan this Friday! :happydance: Soo excited for you. How strange that it's at the hospital that's further away from you, perhaps they got confused about your location! Can't wait to see a pic of your gummy bear!

No symptoms for me this evening, except tiredness I guess. Feeling slightly paranoid now and want a scan. My booking in appointment came, it's for Wed 15th March, a day I'm meant to be at work though so I'll have to change it. :growlmad:

In the letter pack was a letter about requesting a c section, saying that even if you've had a previous c-section it's not necessary to have another one, and they recommend natural birth. I wonder if they sent me that letter because I mentioned c-section on the phone or whether it's a standard one they send out. I'm okay about trying for a natural birth but the idea of placental abruption frightens me like anything!

Wow 32F! Most women dream of that boob size. Mine are a pathetic 32B, I think they went up to a 34C at the end of my last pregnancy which I was pleased with. :haha:

How are you today? Has OH had progress with Sienna's room?

Xxxx

They're down grading the hospital closest to us annoyingly :growlmad:, I can still go there if I have a midwife led pregnancy but I guess it's unlikely that'll be the case. It's such a pain to get to the hospital that's further away though, I'm not looking forward to the journey. All in all very nervous, the nurse called back and said I was going to be going to the Early Pregnancy clinic, I'm guess that means they'll want to scan me but maybe not I guess?!:wacko:

I get the whole wanting an early scan for reassurance :flower:. At least your booking in appointment isn't too far away though, maybe the midwife will book you in for an early dating scan if you tell her about how anxious you are? Bummer it's on a day you're meant to be working though.:dohh:

Well weird you got a letter about potential future c-section!:headspin: I'm sure they have to give you the option, they certainly did when I was pregnant in 2015. You've got plenty of time to make a decision, don't let the letter dictate what you do. I know someone who was pregnant with her first baby and decided she wanted a c-section as the thought of giving birth scared her, they let her have an elective c-section. Play it by ear, see how you feel as the pregnancy progresses.

Big boobs are only fun for a couple of minutes in the bedroom !:rofl: Otherwise just hassle. I wouldn't say I have nice boobs though, I look back at old pics of me before Sienna and now appreciate how good they looked then. They're ridiculously saggy after breast feeding now and my skin's so loose I never have them out, always under cover, so now they're more hassle than they're worth. I can totally see myself getting a reduction one day but obviously want to wait till babies etc are over.

The only progress made with Sienna's new room so far is I've had to move my mountain of shoes out of the wardrobe, I couldn't even bring myself to count the number of shoes I've thrown out but I suspect it's a very embarrassing number :dohh::blush:. Currently getting quotes for someone to do the wallpaper on one wall, hubby keeps offering to do it but I've seen his wallpaper skills before and they're not what I would call skills!!:headspin: He's generally very good at DIY but not wallpapering !! We've got her new bed and furniture arriving in a few weeks but the room's empty so can just put it in and then get wallpaper done if needs be.

How are you feeling? Any new symptoms to report?? xxx

So I was silly early for my appointment, to be expected, nerves !

:baby: Baby was measuring 7 weeks 1 day with an abdominal ultrasound (I really didn't want an internal so thankfully didn't need one). So not a million miles off from the size I expected. BUT it's implanted on the top lefthand side... I have a bicornate uterus which means it's heart shaped, it's implanted in one of the "horns" as they call them. Basically exactly where we didn't want it to be but the liklihood of it implanting there was quite high so I'm not all that surprised. It might run out of space very quickly and end in a loss or it might bed down and push my uterus out and make room for itself. Just a wait and see game now, it is annoying as I don't really feel all that more assured or not really. Still in the same limbo game counting down the weeks. If anything, I do feel a little happier though, it was flinching around all over the place. Pics not great as it was abdominal but I've attached it.

The nurse was lovely, but her last words to me will haunt me forever.... "Good luck, really good luck". WWWWHHHAAATTTT?! Why give me good luck!? Is that all that's available now?! :haha:

I asked about progesterone supplements and the nurse said they're still trying to determine if they have any use in the UK, however, they know they don't do any harm. She said some GPs will prescribe them and others won't. I've left a message for my GP to call me back, he's not back till Tuesday and I'll ask him for them then, fingers crossed it's a yes !!

Hubby seems more bothered about work to ask me how it went or to ask to see the pic :dohh: MEN !! :haha: xxxx

Attachments

• Bubba 7wk 1day.jpg
    Bubba 7wk 1day.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3
Aww such a cute pic of the baby! :happydance: That's great news that it is the right size for your dates. Yayy that it was wriggling about lots! Sorry baby didn't implant where you wanted it to. Where did Sienna implant? I'm sure baby will push out and make itself more room. That was a silly thing for the nurse to say to you, she probably didn't mean anything by it, maybe she says it to every pregnant lady as they are leaving? I can see why you took it the way you did though. Silly nurse. :growlmad:

I changed my booking in appointment, and now it's Monday 20th, so just over a week away! My sister and her three boys (ages 1, 4, and 7) and my mum came over today. It was exhausting! I had to make everyone lunch and Ida decided to be extra whingey, which she never normally is. I didn't tell anyone about the pregnancy. When Ida wasn't happy to share her favourite book with the youngest boy, my sister said 'what she needs is a little brother or sister'. They all think I'm against having anymore so it will be a surprise I think when I tell them.

Will you be making your booking in appointment now?

My lower back (near my tail bone) is hurting at the moment, it feels sort of tender, I think I overdid tidying and cleaning before everyone got here. My boobs feel tender again and I feel very tired. I seem to retch a lot, at pretty much anything, even thinking about retching makes me retch! Strong food smells make me feel icky, mostly if I'm very hungry.

How are you feeling symptoms wise? Xxxx

Sienna and my last pregnancy both implanted in the middle and not into the top corners but I'm feeling weirdly more optimistic now, I've looked up the Ramzi theory and that would suggest this is a girl. I'm more optimistic as silly as it sounds but I know Sienna was a healthy pregnancy and she was a girl. I know the losses they checked were boys, so silly but thinking this will be successful because it's a girl :wacko::haha:. Reading that back, I'm mental!:haha::haha::haha::haha:

You shouldn't have too much longer to wait after your booking in appointment for your scan, so that's good about having to push your booking in appointment out at least. So funny when everyone says, Ida needs a little brother or sister... I'm so impressed you haven't said anything yet. I've bitten off so many people's heads in the past when they've asked me I think everyone's now too scared to ask, hubby was saying he thinks they'll all be too scared to congratulate as well incase I throw a b1tch fit :haha:.

I should make my booking appointment earlier, as it's currently for first week of April but still debating what to do, I don't want to jinx anything.

It's good you've got such strong symptoms, although I know they're also a nuisance. It's funny how overboard we go with cleaning before someone arrives isn't it?!:wacko: I was joking with hubby that we need someone to come over in a few weeks so it kicks me into doing a deep clean... I'm sure it's unnecessary and no-one notices though.:winkwink:

I haven't got any symptoms, bar being hot at night but I think it's got warmer anyway. We had a good weekend, Sienna was so good and we had some lovely family time together, wish all weekends were this good. How was yours? xxxx

Hi Aleeah! Sorry, had a lot of work on lately that had been stealing my spare time. That's good that you are feeling optimistic about the pregnancy, I think mum's intuition is always right. :thumbup: Surely the baby will just move into the larger space if it runs out of room?

Have you changed your booking in appointment? The midwife turned up at our house today even though I changed the appointment! I had a voicemail on my mobile. :dohh:

Just 5 days until my booking in appointment now. I'm really wanting a scan now. I got paranoid yesterday because I had to run like a maniac for the bus and then I was convinced I had overdone it and put baby at risk! :blush:

Weekend was lovely thank you, we all went to the beach and Ida found a 'dragons egg' :haha: (a stone).

My symptoms are quite non-existent again now, also I'm cold all the time which I think is strange since pregnancy is meant to make you hot?

I had to go to the doc about my wee situation (feeling like I haven't done a full wee). I have been going for a wee about 5 times a night and I'm sure it's not doing my bladder much good. The urine test showed white blood cells and protein, and she prescribed antibiotics but has said I can wait before taking the pills until the lab results come back.

Are you having a good week? Xxxx

Look at us hitting the 9 week mark, well almost for me !!
:happydance: Yay, we're getting there !!!

Don't worry about not being able to reply, I totally get it, been manic for me too, lots of things to close out and then lo and behold I started to feel ill yesterday morning and by the afternoon I had a full blown stonking cold :cold:. Feeling sorry for myself today but not much I can do about it as still have lots to do.

I haven't changed my booking in appointment, I know I should but I'm still apprehensive about it so thinking of leaving it where it is or pushing it out further even...!:tease: Let me know how your appointment goes today. I totally get the worry but running for the bus won't do it, look at some women that continue to weight lift etc. Do you think you could get an early scan in at all? If you told the midwife how worried you are etc?

Funny Ida found a dragon's egg, like Game of Thrones !!:rofl: I love that programme, OH often says I'm the Mother of Dragons because Sienna can be a dragon sometimes :haha:.

Did you get lab results back about your tests? My doc called up and said to be safe he's prescribed me with progesterone suppositories and more folic acid. There's no reason for it, as they haven't done bloods to check but he said no harm done if they are unnecessary. That was last Tuesday and I've still not had a chance to pick the prescription up ](*,).... the surgery closes 12-2.30pm everyday so it's difficult getting over there and back within my working day. Hubby has said he'll come with me today to make sure I pick it up. I'm not looking forward to the suppositories but I'll get used to it in no time I'm sure.

In other news, I still don't look pregnant or anything but feel the spare tyre coming in across my waist, not all that stocked about it. Hate this trimester, you have all the worry, no real signs it's all ok or not and also the horrible bloat, weight gain with not much to show for it :growlmad:.

xxxx

Yes it's exciting we're at 9 weeks now! My symptoms are quite subtle now though. But I have noticed I retch a lot if I'm hungry, especially in the evenings. How are you feeling?

Oh no, sorry you have a cold :hugs: I hope you feel better soon. Lots of honey and lemon and sleep! I hope OH is helping you lots. I'm due a cold about now, I always get one early spring and early winter.

Booking in appointment went okay thank you, but they couldn't get any blood out my arm, so I have to go to the hospital to have my blood taken. :dohh: She said I had tiny veins :haha:

I got a little upset when she asked me how I feel about the birth, and I said I was worried it was all going to happen like before (emergency c section after 36 hours of contractions and spinal fluid headaches, with midwives taking it in turns shoving their hands up me looking for my hiding cervix). She said she would make an appointment for me to see a consultant to discuss the best option for this birth. I think I'll take Chris, because I know how insensitive they can be if you request a c section.

I asked if I could have my scan ASAP because of previous miscarriages causing me to be anxious and she said that they can't do anything about it, and I'll have a scan at 12 weeks. :growlmad: I should get my appointment letter by the end of the week. If it's too far away then I'll get a private scan I think.

When is your next scan?

That's good that the doctor prescribed you some stuff that can help, he sounds like a lovely doctor, and really looking out for you.

My urine test came back fine, so that's a relief. :thumbup:

We love GoT too! I think the next series is coming soon, I can't wait! :happydance:

Xxxx

Firstly, SSSSOOOO cool you love GoT too !!!!:dance: We didn't start watching it until around Season 3 but have been obsessed ever since. We seriously debated calling Sienna Khaleesi but bottled it last minute. She didn't have a name for 6 weeks poor baby!:blush:

Yay to us being all GoT excited together, I love discussing after each episode, I can imagine our thread being taken over when the new season comes out.:happydance:

I've had no symptoms for a while now but my tummy is definitely hardening quite low down, so that reassures me. But the retching when hungry etc stopped a few weeks back too. It's nice having subtle symptoms though isn't it, I feel for the women on here that have things really bad. :sick:I know I'd struggle if I was really sick, I really dislike vomiting and try and avoid it at all costs, so it's nice to not feel sick or anything either. Read that back... like who enjoys vomiting?! :haha:

I've got a doppler but haven't taken it out to try it yet... don't want to worry if it's too early and I don't find anything. Weird with Sienna I didn't need to use it as had weekly scans and with last baby I didn't want to use it. This time around I want to use it but I'm nervous.:wacko:

Oh no about no blood being taken, I'm like you on that front too. I got turned away from donating blood twice before I stopped going because they couldn't get the needle in and blood out. :blush: What a pain you having to go to the hospital for it though, bet your arms are all bruised up now too?!

Good plan on taking Chris for the appointment to talk about your birthing options. They're less likely to be dismissive if you've got hubby with you. Don't get pushed into a corner about it, regardless of which county you live in etc, we all pay taxes and there's a legitimate reason for needing this op, they have to give it to you. There are huge risks with a VBAC especially given the lack of progression last time. Just stand firm and try and do some internet research so you can go in with your reasons.:hugs:

I've kept the scan I was given as my 12 week scan, it's a week today :wohoo:. I know I'll be just under 10 weeks then, so likely they'll get me back in for a follow up scan a week or so later. I was offered scans inbetween at the miscarriage clinic but it's so far away and as this one is booked in for next week I may as well keep it. Hubby seems excited which is cute.

I agree about going in for a private scan if the 12 week scan doesn't come through very quickly, hopefully it will be soon. I know with Sienna it was just after 11 weeks but with last baby it was over 13 weeks...!!:headspin:

How's work going? Are you excited about telling Ida after the scan?? xxxx

Haha! Kahleesi is a cool name! Sienna is a very beautiful name, so you chose well. :thumbup: Ida had her name just a few minutes after being born. In my delirious exhausted state I remembered that was our favourite girls name, and it just stuck!

I forgot to mention that in the booking-in appointment they did a carbon monoxide test on me, and it came out with a reading of 10! I'm really worried now because we live by a busy road, and it might be damaging our health. It's only really busy at rush hour though, and then the traffic is a little less frequent. But level 10 is the level a regular smoker would get and I haven't smoked in my life! I hope the midwife didn't think I was lying. I'm so anti-smoking that it would upset me if someone thought I smoked. We have carbon monoxide detectors in the house, so it shouldn't be our boiler, unless it is leaking very low levels I guess. We will get it checked out.

I guess it's nice not to be puking etc, but I do worry as symptoms are my only proof so far. There is a private scan clinic right near my work and it's so tempting to pop in. I think I'll try to wait for my scan date first, as it could just be 2 weeks away. Argh 13 weeks - I couldn't wait that long!

Yayyyy that your scan is next week! :happydance: That's so exciting!

Work is fine thanks, but I sit on a chair all day and I'm starting to get tail bone pain! How is your work going?

Yes it will be really cool to tell Ida after the scan, I might film her reaction, it's bound to be funny! :haha:

Have you told Sienna yet? Xxxx

See I wish we had a favorite girls name and stuck to it from before Sienna was born. We always liked the name Sienna but decided it maybe wasn't right for us as was too rhyme-y with our surname.:wacko: But you get fined £100 if you leave it past 6 weeks to register a birth, so we went with the name Sienna at 5 weeks 6 days. Trouble was she didn't look like a Sienna at all, we thought she'd be a mix but she was totally hubby, and the only name that looked right on her was his :haha::haha::haha::haha:. Sienna suits her perfectly now though, I guess it's true, babies grow into their names.

I love love LOVE Ida's name. It's unusual and so easy to say, that was a pet peev of mine, I wanted a name that was easy to say and couldn't be shortened, Ida suits that perfectly.

OMG about your carbon monoxide reading. That's mental :headspin:. I know when we were living in Nottingham my carbon monoxide reading with Sienna's pregnancy came back high, but I think it was around 5 from memory and that's because we were literally in the city, so it was really busy and I was outside walking everywhere a lot, so think I inhaled fumes etc a lot. But 10 seems really high. I'm so like you, I've never smoked and to think the midwife might think I'd been smoking whilst pregnant would make me feel sick to the stomach! Did she have much to say why it was so high? Could her monitor have been off? Surely even if you live off a main road, it wouldn't cause a reading that high?:shrug: Like it's not summer so not as if you've got all windows open etc. Can you get a carbon dioxide reader from amazon or anything, that tells you the reading in your house by number? Or one you can try at home and with hubby and Ida? Definitely get the monitors checked and maybe call midwife back up and ask to have another check?? She'll only have to see you for 5 mins, surely she can do that so you know it wasn't a fluke or it was a fluke and you can lay it to rest?:hugs:

Exciting your scan could be 2 weeks away !!:dance: It's rare to have it post 13 weeks, I didn't want my midwife appointment until really late on and that meant that was the earliest they could get me in, so it was self inflicted I guess :dohh:.

Not good about your tailbone, I know it may seem way too early but have you considered sitting on an exercise ball instead of a chair? Bit of a giveaway if you're in the office though !!:blush: I work from home and last pregnancy I got the ball out really early and it helped a lot, also helped with my posture so wasn't a bad thing at all. Can't say I enjoy it was much as slouching in a chair but did find it helped with tailbone issues. This time around I'm ok so far.

My work's very busy at the moment, it's financial year end, so it's all about projected budgets for next year and closing this years numbers off, so real fun stuff (!) I do like being busy during this trimester though, so it's not a bad thing.

Awesome idea about filming Ida's reaction!!:thumbup: I keep asking Sienna "where's the baby?":baby: and she either points at my stomach or sticks her own stomach out and says here! She's around a lot of pregnant mummy's in the baby groups our childminder takes her too, so I think she's getting it from there as I've not said anything in ages. Hubby wants to take her to one of the scans but I don't want to next week but have agreed to one in the future, I guess it might help her to understand what's happening.

Have you thought about how you'll tell family over Easter? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->