Our bump buddy journal - Teacup & Aleeah

OMG.

I thought I'd try, like why not... and I got the attached!! Is that the baby?!?! :baby:

I've started a thread on first trimester incase some of the women that have already found theirs can decipher it, what do you think?!?!?!

Just added it to youtube too: https://youtu.be/8B9gbfdtmG8

xxxx

Attachments

• Doppler 22-03-17.mp4
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
Yayyyy that sounds like baby to me! :happydance: also it reached 156 so that is about right for baby's heartbeat I think. That is so amazing! I had a quick listen with my doppler but couldn't hear it, though I know my uterus is tilted so that won't help. Your doppler looks really posh! Mine is a cheap angel sounds one. I didn't want to listen for too long with it because I worry about the thermal affects on the baby. Though they must be safe or they wouldn't be sold surely?

I worked out that I'm 9 weeks tomorrow from ovulation. But 10 weeks on Friday since AF! Still not had my scan letter yet, I'm hoping it will arrive today or tomorrow. They had my address wrong because I had registered over the phone (and they mis-heard me) so I hope they updated it, otherwise my letter may never come!

The midwife said that it could be her machine or that our boiler might be leaking low levels of carbon monoxide. I get tested again at my next midwife appointment. Yes a monitor in the house that displays the levels sounds good, I'll get one of those. :thumbup: Our current ones just detect high levels I think.

Haha! :rofl: I think I'd find it tricky balancing on a ball at work and people would probably tease me. Our office is open plan, and everyone likes banter (except me, I'm a shy mouse!)

Aww that's really cute that Sienna points to your tummy when you ask where the baby is. :cloud9: I can't wait to tell Ida, I must remember to film her reaction. Although I'll probably be too excited and just blurt it out! :haha:

I'm hoping that lots of my family will come down over Easter so I can hopefully tell them after the scan, but I haven't heard that they are yet. My Dad is coming down on the 31st March, but it's unlikely I'll have had my scan by then. So I don't know whether to tell him anyway or carry on waiting. He always brings lots of blue cheese and wine! :haha:

Have you decided when you will tell family yet? Xxxx

I still can't stop smiling !:dance: Hubby's away at the moment and I sent him the clip and he responded with "what's that?!". He's such a man !! I know this doesn't mean it's all ok for good but for now I'm relieved.

And it's really not a posh doppler, it's the Sonoline B, I got it for about £20 from ebay. I have a tilted uterus too so wasn't expecting to find the baby. But I had just eaten a giant pack of smarties and drunk lots of water. Have you tried looking right on your scar line, dead middle, then move literally millimeters? I was worried about the affects on baby when I was pregnant with Sienna as they scanned me every week until 13 weeks and then lots at the end but I guess she turned out ok... !:haha:

Yay to nearly being 10 weeks!:yipee: I wonder what they'll date you at? I'm going to push for a due date of 25th October as realistically I know that's what matches when I ovulated. And it gives me a better chance later on of not being induced if I go over due etc. Can you call up and check the address is correct now and also get confirmation of the date? I had issues with my address when I moved here, so they'd tell me the dates for my appointments if I called up.

I guess it's not norm to have a monitor that displays the carbon monoxide reading, we've got a new build house and it's got a few monitors throughout but none that have a numerical value. But given the situation I would invest in one. How annoying though if it's just her reader that's wrong.](*,) When's your next appointment to check again? Fingers crossed it's not a low leak from the boiler.:friends:

Forgot you went into the office ! Yes be a bit of a giveaway that your pregnant if you suddenly rocked up with a ball to sit on too !!:rofl: I can imagine everyone would want to play with it and throw it around, I know that's what we did when someone at work had one. I like to keep quiet when I go into the office too, I try getting my work done as soon as possible so I can get back home. Gone are the days of messing around at work and not caring when I finished, that's what's nice about having children, it really does give you something important to come home to.

You must remember to film Ida! I watched the film back that I made of hubby and it still chokes me up (although that might be because of my psycho hormones ! :devil:).

Telling all the family over Easter sounds lovely. We've got all of OH's family here over Easter, so hoping to tell them then. I want to think of a fun way of telling them but I don't like being the centre of attention so would rather hubby blurted it out whilst I was cooking or something. I'm not telling my family for as long as possible, they've had a tough few years with losing baby's and I don't want to give them the unnecessary worry until I'm further along. But knowing my luck they'll guess, if they haven't already!:shhh: Are you doing anything nice for Easter dinner, I've got to make a beef wellington, I ordered the beef and it's arrived but 2.5kg is a lot more than I thought... it's like half a cow :mamafy:!! :haha: That's be fun to prep and cook...:wacko:.

How long is your dad staying for? It's a shame you won't have had your scan before, could you not just tell him anyway? xxxx

Hi Aleeah! I haven't tried again with the Doppler, think I'll leave it a week and then try. I know that my uterus properly bends to my back, so if baby has implanted at the furthest bit then it could make it tricky. That's so amazing that you found your baby's heartbeat! :happydance: It must be so reassuring.

I still haven't had my scan date arrive in the post, it should hopefully arrive today. I had my consultant appointment arrive yesterday, I was so excited when I saw the letter was from the NHS, thinking it was my scan date, and then was disappointed when it said '22nd June'!

OH made me cry yesterday, I totally overreacted, I think it's my hormones maybe. He actually laughed at me which made me cry more! I am gagging lots again, it's worse when I'm hungry.

Are you doing anything nice for Mother's Day? I'm taking my mum out for lunch today. We are having a family day out in Sunday, not sure where yet, might go to the zoo or something.

Wow Beef Wellington sounds yummy! I wouldn't know what to do with that amount of beef! Have you cooked Beef Wellington a few times before? I just do a roast dinner if we have lots of people over. I'm not very ambitious in the kitchen! I get stressed when we have lots of guests.

Have you got a little picky with your food yet? I can't bring myself to eat anything too strong in flavour. OH cooked me a nice meal the other day and did peppers and courgette, but I couldn't face them, I liked my boring peas though. :haha: I've gone off my herbal teas, which means I'm not drinking so much. I need to make myself drink more today!

What day next week is your scan? Xxxx

I'd leave it with the doppler too for now, especially if your uterus is really tilted. Fingers and toes crossed your scan date arrives quickly, hopefully it won't be that far away and so will be an exciting short countdown to it.:friends:

I am really reassured by finding the baby's heartbeat it's a relief. I did fall into a pit of despair too though, as stupidly looked up the last baby's scan pics and that brought a lot back.:sadangel: Hubby came home yesterday and I asked him what he thought of the video and he said: "I've heard it in real life loads of times and anyway, how'd you find it, must be so old?!" He thought it was from when I was pregnant with Sienna!!:headspin: I told him it was new baby and he got really excited, that made me happy again :yipee:. I'm glad we both don't look back and be sad at the same time, as we can pick eachother up at the right moments. I'm feeling so guilty at the moment though. Like if this baby works out what did I not do for the last one to make the outcome what it was?!:shrug: I know that's ridiculous, I know what I'd say to someone else saying it but in all honesty nothing really shakes the guilt. I even feel guilty for falling pregnant again :wacko:.

Oh no to hubby making you cry and 2 of the worst things in my opinion anyone can do when a woman is crying is 1) Laugh 2) hug her!:rofl: Well hugging in my case makes the crying turn to uncontrollable sobbing, snot 'n' all !! :haha:

Sorry your nausea has returned, have you tried the usual tricks, keep dry biscuits with you etc? What about seabands? They helped me somewhat in the past. I'm normal with food at the moment bar the fact I feel I can eat bad food now, I've just had 2 pasties and 2 wispa's for lunch and I know we're getting takeaway tonight...:blush:. I'm thinking I know I won't eat much later on in the pregnancy as I tend to eat less as I get bigger so no harm done, plus I'm happy eating, so may as well be happy :haha::laugh2:.

I found I wasn't drinking enough when I was breastfeeding Sienna, what worked for me was having a water bottle with me all the time. I got a nice clear looking one and I would finish it without even realizing. Why don't you try that? Or squash? How's your tailbone doing now too?

So strange how we all react differently to pregnancies and with each subsequent pregnancy. I haven't got any aversions yet, maybe slightly gone off sweets etc.

No plans for Mother's Day yet. I'm not going down to see family this year, thought I'd let hubby see what he can do for me but I'm doubting very much at all :laugh2:. He's not very good with presents or surprises !! I'm looking forward to spending the day at home with Sienna though, might do some painting with her, I'm so OCD I never do anything like that with her as it freaks me out. I'm really over the top about getting my hands dirty etc, I struggle with food I need to touch, like kneeding dough etc, I think since Sienna I've got much better, she's teaching me it's ok :friends:. So hubby does painting etc with her but she always asks for me, I might cave in on Sunday.

Hope you had a lovely lunch with your mum? A day out to the zoo sounds awesome, it's Sienna's favorite place, or might actually be ours and we drag her along, not sure !!:haha: Just had a thought, fingers crossed, this will be our last mothers day as mummy to one !! This time next year we'll have twice the love back :cloud9:.

My scan is next Tuesday, which is nice as it's first part of the week.

xxx

My scan date arrived yesterday! :happydance: It's for Monday 10th April, when I'll be 12 + 3 according to them (but 11+ 4 really by ovulation). So 2 weeks away from Monday, which seems far away at the moment. But once one week has gone by it will only be a week away, so that makes it seem better!

What was it that caused your late term loss? That must have been so heartbreaking for you. You mustn't feel guilty for falling pregnant again, :hugs: you deserve to have another baby and make your family complete.

I'm loving pasties at the moment too! Ida likes them as well, so I buy a big one for me and a little one for her. Then I finish what she can't manage. :haha: :blush:

I don't like doing painting with Ida, she gets in such a mess and so does the table! Then it is a major clean up operation! OH does painting with her so I leave that to them! :haha: Even though I'm supposed to be an artist - you would think I should enjoy the mess!

Lunch with mum was good thank you, and Ida actually ate her meal which was more relaxing than usual. I got her mixed olives and fries! Such a random meal, but she loved it. :haha:

I can't believe your scan is only a few days away! :happydance: Did you opt for the Downs Syndrome testing and the other conditions testing? I said no to it because if they gave me a high risk factor then it would stress me out, and I certainly wouldn't go on to have the invasive test which has a chance of miscarriage. So my scan is just a dating scan.

Have a lovely weekend! It's a sunny one here. Xxxx

:happydance::thumbup::dance::yipee::friends::hugs2::smug::wohoo::loopy::D:):lol:\\:D/=D> Yay to your scan date coming through !!! So exciting, the 2 weeks will fly by no doubt, it's nice having a date to count down to.

We were told at 5 months that that baby wasn't growing as she should have been, she was smaller and I was barely showing at all. There were placenta issues and she never picked it back up again.:nope:

I feel like I'm struggling internally about this baby, I almost feel resentful that I feel everyone's reactions will go one of 2 ways:

1) "Oh ok, is everything ok this time? Are you sure you want to announce after what happened last time?" :growlmad:

or 2) "Wow that's amazing, so nice for Sienna to finally have a little brother and sister, we thought you'd never try!". :growlmad:

Of course there easily could be a third reaction, like they're pleased for us and we deserve a take home baby etc.:shrug: But it must be the hormones, I feel like I'll want to rip their heads off if they mention this pregnancy in a negative light due to the last one but equally I'll want to rip their heads off if they don't mention the last baby.... in short they can not win ! :haha: And in reality, I'm submissive, so I won't say anything at all but I'll feel it :haha::haha::haha::haha:.

Awesome idea buying pasties for Ida :thumbup:, kids seems to love pastry. I might have to use the same trick, but Sienna never leaves anything that's edible (well she does leave food but it doesn't look edible when she's done with it !):laugh2: so unlikely I can rely on her to leave me any.

I'm so impressed Ida likes Olives ! That's such a random meal but so cute. Isn't it funny, I can rate whether I have a good meal or not based on whether Sienna eats all her food or not. :shy::laugh2:

So Mother's Day was a flop here. I stayed in all day Saturday so I could do all the housework and cleaning etc. I've been a bit lazy with it all recently so it literally took me a whole day. Hubby went out and got Sienna a bicycle with stabilisers and I missed out on going out to get it with them so I could stay back. I did pop out when they were outside with it though and we were surprised to put Sienna on the bicycle and off she went... lots of chasing her and showing her where the brakes were then ensued !!:bike: :rofl: Then Sunday hubby told me to wake up early as we needed to leave to go out for the day. He hadn't planned anything but going to Costco...:huh: he also then couldn't find his or my Costco card... Sienna was playing up so we didn't go anywhere. I was miffed I'd wasted Saturday doing all the housework and missed out on getting Sienna's first bike with her to then stay in on Sunday with her.:gun: She played up all day, so all in all a pretty bad day. I did explain to hubby later on in the evening that he needs to plan things better, like I do for him and he was apologetic. He got me some dried lavendar flowers (we had tonnes of them at our wedding as I love the smell) so that was thoughtful, a new apron I really wanted and a jewellery box. I feel like we should do a Mother's Day take two day in a few weeks but I bet I'll only be disappointed again !:rofl:

I tried to look for the baby with the doppler to show hubby again last night but couldn't find it and then eventually I think I heard it for a few seconds at least a cm higher. :shrug:I'm a bit worried but also realistic, nothing I can do to change the outcome that's meant to be.

Because I haven't had my booking in appointment yet I never got asked about the tests etc for the scan. I've no idea what they've got me booked in for but I think I'd want the non-evasive ones done so we can at least be prepared for what might be to come but agree, I wouldn't do the evasive, my sis-in-law did and it was a horrendous experience for her, so I wouldn't want to go down that road.

Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day and you were spoilt lots. We've got a miserable day of cloud here following a glorious weekend also xxxxx

Hey there !!

So had my scan yesterday morning, all was well, baby measured exactly 10 weeks so I finally have an official due date of 24th October :happydance:. They couldn't see enough as baby is still so small, so I've got a follow up scan booked in for Tues 11th (a day after yours!!!). Hubby was grinning ear to ear, was such a lovely experience. It was so nice having him there, he couldn't bring himself to come to any of Sienna's scans until I was 5 months pregnant, so he missed at least 7 scans. I wasn't all that confident he'd be ok with coming to any this time but he was there with bells and whistles on and was super excited to see baby. Baby was moving around so much, I've never had a baby move that much, was very funny :haha:. Hubby thought we'd be jinxing it if we got a photo so we didn't get one :(. I was a bit disappointed but I know he's doing it for me as I do become obsessive with pics. He's agreed we're allowed them in a couple of weeks though.

How are you feeling? The nurse asked if I have many symptoms and hubby piped up and said "No not your usual ones, all she does is eat!!":blush: I was so embarrassed !!! The nurse was sympathetic though, and said it's not a bad thing, I evidently need the extra calories and no doubt it'll plateau out as the pregnancy progresses.

Our scan countdown begins...! xxx

That's amazing news that your scan went well and that baby was jumping about lots! :happydance: :wohoo::laugh2:

That's lovely that OH was excited as well, sounds like he was a little over excited blurting out that all you do is eat! Cheeky! :haha:

Sorry I haven't been on here the last few days, I've been so tired with work and Ida hasn't been sleeping too well the last few nights. I wonder if she's getting ill or maybe chicken pox. The last few nights, all evening we are up and down like yo yos trying to settle her, which is nothing like she normally is. Usually she just puts herself to bed happily! She woke up at 6.30am this morning, and normally she is asleep until at least 7.30am, so there must be something bothering her.

My Dad is staying this weekend, and we plan not to tell him about the baby until after the scan. So it's going to be difficult all weekend trying not to retch and pretending to be full of energy! He always likes to go out and do lots of activities every day, so it's going to be very tiring. :sleep:

Annoying you didn't get a picture! You must get one next time! Funny our scans are just a day apart! I think I will have the same date as you, because we both ovulated exactly the same time. So I'm counting myself as 10 weeks 1 day today as well. :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the placenta issues with your last baby. :hugs: It must have been very difficult and heartbreaking for you. I really know that this pregnancy will be a healthy, happy one for you and that you will be taking this baby home. It's wonderful that it is jumping about a lot more than any of your previous pregnancies!

Ida is having a little afternoon nap at the moment, and I'm so tired myself I'm tempted to go to sleep too! I really need to wake her up at 3pm though otherwise she won't want to go to bed on time tonight!

I saw my mum this morning. I have got so used to seeing her and not saying about the baby that now it's going to be strange when I do say something after the scan. Keeping it a secret this time around is a lot easier than last time, I think because Ida is a constant distraction.

Just a week and three days to go before our scan! :happydance: I'm impressed with myself that I didn't cave and book a private scan. I was very close, but the clinic reception were annoying me by not replying to my emails, so I just gave up trying to book one.

Apart from the occasional retch and feeling tired, I don't have much in the way of symptoms. It will be lovely to know that baby is okay and happy in there. I haven't been able to admit to myself that I'm expecting another child or let myself get too excited yet, after the scan I will be straight onto the baby names books and looking at Moses baskets! :haha:

I tried to book a boiler service with two companies, and neither answered there phones, or phoned me back after I left a message! :growlmad: So I still need to have our boiler checked after my high monoxide reading. It can't be killing levels if it is leaking though, because we have two alarms and tested them and they are both working.

We naughtily bought a new sofa yesterday, to replace our second-hand tatty one. I think I must be nesting! :haha: It arrives in a few days. :happydance:

Have you got anything planned for the weekend? Have a lovely weekend! Then we just have one week left to wait! Xxxx

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply !!

I've had to go into the office the last few days and it's been manic. Hope Ida's feeling better and is sleeping well again? And you're less tired now? Sienna seems similar to Ida with sleeping lots, we had issues a few weeks back and I realised she was staying awake because she was waiting for us to go in to her. She never cried though, if she did I'd have gone in. But she would mess around, like jump on her bed and sing loudly etc ... she's quite the entertainer !! :haha: But we've got a camera monitor and could see she was fine, so we left her to it for a couple of nights and now there's no messing around and she literally falls asleep straight away or just lies there playing with her fingers and hands until she drifts off. Sounds like Ida's actually poorly though, hopefully she's better by now.:friends:

Hope you had a nice time with your Dad? And you managed to conceal your pregnancy? It's hard hiding it isn't it?! When I got in from work yesterday hubby said: "Oh no!! You do realise it's clearly obvious your pregnant in that dress?!" It's a skater dress so I thought it would conceal things a bit better. I did laugh and say it's clear I'm pregnant too because I had to leave a meeting twice because I got hot and felt faint...!!:blush:

Yay to us having the same due date !!:yipee: Can't believe your scan is less than a week away..!!! Are you really excited yet?:dance: You've done so amazingly well to not have a private one, I can only imagine the euphoria and excitement you'll both feel next week and then whilst still in that bubble you can announce over Easter !! Perfect !:wohoo:

How's the boiler going? I had my booking in appointment today and weirdly the midwife didn't do a carbon monoxide test on me. She did offer me a flu jab though and I declined it as we're pretty much out of flu season now.

Yay to new sofa !! I love a bit of furniture shopping!!:thumbup: We ended up having a lovely weekend together, we managed to get over to a farm we've been meaning to go back to and it was a really nice day, lots of baby goats, lambs and chicks !

Not much planned for the coming weekend, I'm sure it'll be like the calm before the storm of next weekend manic with family !!:headspin: xxxxxx

Hi Aleaah!

Ida is okay now thank you, I don't know what was bothering her, :shrug: probably the clock change maybe. Sorry to hear you have been so busy with work.

We had a lovely weekend with Dad thank you, he drove us to interesting places (we don't have a car, so it was a novelty) and had a couple of meals out. :munch: He wanted to stay up quite late watching films which was annoying though, and also kept turning the TV up while Ida was asleep upstairs (and I kept turning it back down again! :haha: ) I get a little stressed out around my Dad because he needs to be doing something all the time, and expects proper cooked breakfasts and doesn't help to clean up. But it was a nice weekend despite those things!

We managed to keep the baby a secret (although OH says it was obvious in the evening while I sat on the sofa and my tummy was sticking out!)

Everyone is coming down Easter weekend except my oldest sister. So Dad, my brother, and my other sister will all be together which is when we hope to tell them, if all is well. I will tell my mum in the week, because she would be upset to be the last to find out.

Are you still telling everyone at Easter weekend too?

I tried a few more times with the Doppler with no luck. :growlmad: I think my Doppler is rubbish, it makes popping noises and squeaks even when it isn't on my tummy. Maybe it's broken. It bothers me though because I want some sort of proof that there is a happy baby in there! Mine is an 'angel sounds' one.

Have you used your Doppler again? :flower:

My scan is at 12.15 on Monday, so now only a few days to go, though it will seem forever! I couldn't get anyone to babysit that day. My mum is teaching all day, and my sister is away, I even asked a friend but they said no. I'll just have to give Ida my iPad with some applications for her to play. We deleted all the games off my iPad a few months ago because she was getting obsessed, so she will be very happy to have them back temporarily and will probably be quiet and distracted! That's my plan anyway. :thumbup:

Will you have a babysitter for Sienna during your scan?

I managed to make a boiler service appointment at the end of April, they couldn't do any earlier. At least that is arranged now. Our new sofa hasn't arrived yet, I hope it's here by Easter weekend!

Aww the farm sounds lovely! We went to a farm a few weeks ago, there were all sorts of animals. This lady bought out a bird of prey though and it was eating a dead chick. Ugh! I felt sick watching it pulling the tiny bird apart! :sick: Ida told everyone about it afterwards, I think she thought it was very exciting! :haha:

This weekend is free which will be lovely, except OH is going out Saturday night. Hoping we have a nice day out on Sunday!

How are you feeling? I feel normal most of the time, except the occasional gag. Also I still have my strange wee issue, of feeling like I haven't emptied my bladder properly.

Xxxx

Hey there!

So glad Ida is back to her good self again, I forgot about the clock change, could well be that. We're having to close curtains etc half hour before Sienna's bedtime now so she gets the message !:dohh:

I'm like you I always get stressed when people are over, everyone always refers to me as the hostess with the mostest!! :haha: I just feel really pressured into making lots of different breakfasts etc for people, we shouldn't bother really, as I rarely get the same treatment at other peoples houses.:shrug: I'm glad you had a lovely time though and got to get out lots. We only had 1 car between us for years and years and OH always took it to work (he worked away a lot) and I quite liked having to walk everywhere but after Sienna was born and I went back to work (I worked from home) I felt more isolated as I didn't get to go anywhere for weeks on end as I didn't have enough time to walk somewhere and back in a lunch break etc, so I got my own car but we laugh there's always at least one car on the driveway all the time so we could easily make do with just 1.

I'm impressed you managed to keep the baby a secret and it's nice that even if your dad might have noticed he didn't say anything. How exciting that you'll get to tell everyone at the same time!!:yipee: We've got OH's family over the Easter weekend so intend to tell them then, I'm not sure about my family. I'm going to stay with them next week during the week and planning to work from there, so could tell them then but I'm still a bit nervous about how they'll take it. I had a horrible scare in December with a brain tumor, it turned out ok, it's being monitored but I had the go ahead to try for a baby, my family does know that. But everytime I see them they all talk about how I need to put my own health first etc. I want them to be ecstatically happy but I can't see them being so.:shrug: OH's family probably won't be all that pleased either, as they just seem miserable about everything :haha:. We're happy though and that's what matters :thumbup:.

I tried the doppler twice more and it's really difficult to get anything, the second time was the other night, I got the baby in the end but it was still on my c section scar even though you can feel my uterus is higher up, so not sure. It was definitely baby though and hubby was pleased he was there to hear it too. I'm thinking maybe it's best to try after lunchtime when you've had lots of water? As that's when it worked for me.:hugs: Though saying that, I'd wait till your scan now anyway. I can't wait till we can feel the reassuring kicks !!:friends:

Oh no about not finding anyone to be able to look after Ida on scan day. I bet she'll be good as gold.:thumbup: You're like me, I worry Sienna will play up but then look around, when other peoples children are playing up I barely notice, so just chill. She'll love the ipad no doubt. Sienna's still not aware of games etc on things but I can see it coming!! All she asks for so far is to look at photo's on my phone but gets bored quickly. We do get her to watch films with headphones when we go on holiday etc on the ipad, so she calls it a TV!:dohh: We tend to take chocolate and dose her up on that if we're out and we need her to be quiet. I am a bit jealous of you being able to take Ida to be honest. I'm warming to the idea of having Sienna there but she's got some baby group with the childminder so not going to have her with us but I definitely want her there for the next scan.

Fingers and toes crossed your new sofa arrives for Easter ![-o< We've still not sorted out Sienna's new bedroom, she keeps going into the room to jump on the bed...:dohh:. And glad the boiler service is booked in, that'll be one less worry, although I'm sure it's fine anyway.

So funny Ida was so fascinated by the bird being pulled apart!:laugh2: Children are hilarious, we think we need to shield them from stuff but they're actually little psychopaths from birth !!:haha:. Sienna's favourite food at the moment is 'eating nemo or dory'. Like wow, she loves the film but she also likes eating her favorite characters... hhmmm!

I asked Sienna yesterday if she thought she looked like her mama or dada? And she said pardon? So I said is your face like mama's or dada's? And she said "no, my face is like a pwincesses!". :headspin:

Sorry your weird bladder issue is continuing, did it continue for the whole pregnancy with Ida? I had a call from the doctors surgery yesterday morning to say they got my blood test results back from the blood I had taken at the booking in appointment on Tuesday and my iron levels are low... they've asked me to pick up a prescription for tablets but I'm delaying. I don't have my exemption certificate yet and also I have the beta thalassemia trait which makes it really hard for me to absorb iron no matter what I do. It's a pointless circle I find myself often in, normally ending in me being told I need venofer drips but they also make no difference.](*,) It's frustrating but like hubby said yesterday, "do you really went to self diagnose and then do what you think is right? Like you're not a doctor!!". I guess I'll pick the prescription up and end up more constipated than before... that's the only symptom I have and it's here with vengeance...!:headspin:

Hope you have a lovely weekend, weather is meant to be amazing for Sunday so good day to pick to get out somewhere.:friends:

xxxxx

Hi Aleeah! Can't believe my scan is tomorrow! It's going to be a long morning! I really hope that there is a healthy happy baby in there. [-o<

I had an anger meltdown on Saturday. I was already stressed out, and then Ida deliberately poured my drink over the sofa, and I shouted so loudly! I scared OH as well! Then OH was going out and I was crying and saying he should stay a bit longer. :blush: These hormones have turned me into a physco lady!

Have you had any emotional outbursts lately? :haha:

Your Nemo and Dory story made me laugh! So funny Sienna says she's eating Nemo and Dory when she has fish! :rofl:

Sorry to hear your iron levels are low. Maybe best to discuss the fact the tablets haven't made a difference in the past. Seems strange for the doc to put you on those if they have tried that before and it didn't work?

I've been a little constipated lately, but probably because of my poor diet. All I have fancied lately is chips and potato! :haha:

The weekend was lovely (apart from the emotional roller coaster on Saturday!) we had some amazing sunshine and I have a red nose now! I spent the morning with my mum on Saturday and took Ida to the park, and then went home to see OH before he went out. Then we had a mellow day today, just a nice walk by the river and a drink at the pub. I even got a hour of sunbathing while OH and Ida were asleep this afternoon! How was your weekend?

Your next scan is so close now! Have you felt any baby flutters? I'm sure I have felt something, feels a little like vibrations, though it could be wind so I'm not sure! :haha: Xxxx

Not long now !!:wohoo: I'm eagerly awaiting to hear an update from you. Fingers and toes crossed, though I have no doubt there's going to be a bouncing baby in there.:baby:

Hey I've had many many many meltdowns recently, so you are not alone.:thumbup: It's the stress of an impending scan I think too, although we don't realise it but it does put you more on edge. You wouldn't be pregnant if you weren't a bit psycho with it, well that's what I keep telling myself :haha:. Hubby actually said on Saturday morning "can we make an effort to be super nice to each other all weekend please?":blush: it was tough but we both stuck to it and actually got on better than we have in ages. I took Sienna shopping Saturday morning to get her a new dress for Easter and then we all just spent the afternoon in the garden. And then yesterday we went to Stratford Upon Avon and walked along the river and had a picnic. Was a lovely day and Sienna seemed to really enjoy herself which was nice.

The iron levels are weird, as my GP prescribed the iron but the thalassemia thing is such a specialised thing that I've found not many doctors know much about it. So I feel like he subscribed it without knowing the full facts. As much as I don't want to have consultant led care I think it's heading towards that now anyway. I still haven't picked up the prescription for the tablets... bad I know:dohh:. I had to pay for the last lot of stuff and I'm still waiting on my maternity exemption certificate. How long did yours take, if you've received it, from when you posted it?

Your weekend sounds lovely, I kept telling hubby I wanted to go to a pub for a drink, there's lots of nice pubs around here with lovely gardens but hubby wanted to potter around the garden and do bits like clean the decking on Saturday so I left him to it.

And hey no shame about the poor diet, I'm totally with you there !!:flower: I'm loving the carbs too, I think it's because I'm happy pregnant I'm now eating for England, hey if we can't when we're pregnant when else can we?!:shrug:

I still haven't felt anything but I do seem to have an overly rumbly stomach these days, so that might be why plus I can't really remember what it felt like. When I had the 10 week scan the baby was moving around tonnes though, we were both shocked, so it's very likely you are feeling baby.

Keep me updated and I want pic updates :hugs: xxxxx

Scan went well! :dance: Baby was very still when she first looked though, so that worried me, but then I shifted about which woke it up. It even stood on its head at one point! :haha: :headspin:

OH got slightly emotional at one point, but I was so busy staring at the screen that I missed his eyes well up! He told me about it afterwards.

I had to keep jumping about to move the baby so that the lady could check all the measurements. She pushed really hard into my tummy with the probe which worried me a little. Though I guess they wouldn't do it if it wasn't safe!

The placenta is at the front, so I guess that means that I won't feel the baby properly for ages? It was making it tricky for the lady to scan the baby easily.

I told Ida afterwards and she is really happy. I did a little video of her, she looked really excited and said 'I want the baby back!' :cloud9: I put her up for her nap but she hasn't gone to sleep, I think she's too excited!

My new due date is 25th October! Which is 1 week after OH's birthday, two days before my birthday, and four days before Ida's birthday! I'll try to update my ticker now! My next scan is June 8th when I'll be 20 weeks + 1 day. :happydance:

Here is a pic of the little baby, it has its hand by its face. Can't wait to hear about your scan tomorrow! :happydance:

Xxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 6
So so SO pleased for you !! Your baby is so cute !!! So funny baby was on its head at one point, Sienna was always like that, we used to nickname her upside down baby when I was pregnant!! I still feel like it shows their cheeky personality even when they're still in your tummy :flower:.

I love that OH got emotional, that's so cute !! It does annoy me when they push the probe down really hard, especially with your bladder emptying problem. Funny my placenta is at the front too, it was at the front with the last baby and I still felt tonnes of movement but we never felt it from the outside. With Sienna the placenta was at the back and you could see her alien hands etc !!:haha:

That's SO cute that Ida was that excited, I must be an emotional wreck as reading that welled me up !! :blush: So lovely she's looking forward to being a big sister already. I did have a funny thought yesterday morning, I thought I wonder if she's having twins !! I didn't say anything in my message as I didn't want to alarm you, guess there's only 1 in there then?!

So I just got back from my scan, baby was flipping around and doing all sorts, I had the same sonographer I had for Sienna and the last baby, she seemed so happy for us, it was a lovely experience. Baby measured 12 weeks 4 days but they're not moving the due date thankfully, so keeping it at 24th October. I can't believe we're due a day apart !! So exciting to be doing this wonderful journey with you.

Did you end up taking Ida with you for the scan? Hubby's so excited keeps threatening to call people up and tell them now, it's sweet seeing him so happy but I've told him we can wait a few more days. He wants to tell the childminder tonight but I'd rather wait till after Easter. I've agreed we can tell Sienna tonight but I'm not sure she's going to get it.

I've attached a couple of pics of bubba xxx

Attachments

• Baby 12wks 11-04-17.jpg
    Baby 12wks 11-04-17.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Baby  12wks 11-04-17.jpg
    Baby 12wks 11-04-17.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 4
Awww those are lovely pics! Such cute little legs! That's great that OH is really excited! How did it go telling Sienna? Ida was so cute tonight and gave the baby a kiss goodnight on my tummy. :cloud9: She calls it 'baby Alexander' because that was the name of the baby on a peppa pig episode. :haha:

Wow that you are measuring ahead! :happydance: That's great that baby is growing nice and big.

Yes there is definitely just one baby in there! The thought did cross my mind, but I knew it was unlikely as I don't have twins in my family. OH has lots of twins on his side, which means Ida could have twins one day!

Yes we took Ida to the scan, she was good as gold, just playing her games on my iPad and every so often saying 'what are you doing mummy?' When she noticed I had my tummy out. :haha:

Do you plan on finding out if baby is a boy or girl at the next scan? We are staying team yellow, though I would love to know, but OH wants to keep it a surprise. It is nice chatting about 'Do you think it's a boy or girl' with family and friends, and I would miss those chats if we found out the sex. My sister-in-law and brother are expecting a baby, and they found out if it's a boy or girl but aren't telling anyone! That's what my sister did with her last pregnancy too. But then no one feels they can talk about it.

I definitely felt a few little flutters in my tummy at work today. I told my boss this afternoon. It seems strange telling him before my mum, but it was making me anxious so I had to get it out the way. He was nice about it and said congratulations. I think he was just pleased I wasn't quitting, as I had to send him an email beforehand asking if we could have a word in private!

I'm not so worried now my symptoms are so mild, it was just so great to see that a baby is actually in there! :happydance:

When she first put the probe on me and moved it about, we couldn't see anything and it got me worried. But she just had to angle it to get past the placenta. She said it's very difficult doing the scan because of my retroverted uterus, I hope it's corrected itself for the next scan. Is yours still retroverted? Xxxx

We decided to hold off telling Sienna as I didn't want her blurting it out to everyone before we got the chance to say as down at my family's at the moment. Hubby is 100% sure I'll leave here without telling anyone, I hope he's wrong but already sensing he might be right...!!:dohh: I'm so pathetic at this telling everyone thing. So funny, I've got a massive poncho on and it seems like I'll be wearing it for the rest of the week...:haha:. Let's hope it doesn't get hot :blush:.

Love Ida kissing your tummy, she sounds like the cutest gentle little girl. Sienna normally is but my god had the biggest melt down ever today. Luckily it was just me here with her, so no embarrassing looks towards my bro's or anything. Turns out she was desperate for a sleep, thankfully she's snoozing away now, I hope my lovely little girl wakes and not the incredible hulk that went to bed !!!

We've lots of twins in the family and to be honest I get massive anxiety before each initial scan as I don't think we'd cope very well with more than 1 baby. Strangely hubby was hoping for twins this time around but I was praying against. Sods law I'll end up accidentally pregnant after this one and it'll be twins... :wacko:.

We were team yellow with Sienna, I loved it. We're staying team yellow this time too but I love people guessing with various theories etc. I think I'll feel more comfortable with not knowing, if it's a girl it's our second chance after losing the last one. And if it's a boy then I'll freak out as I always lose boys, silly as that sounds I know. All the tests they did on my previous losses showed them all as male and it would worry me to know it's a boy as I'd worry I won't carry it to term so best not knowing. So lovely we'll both be on this Team Yellow journey together !!!:baby:

I'm so excited you've felt flutters!! Were they strong? How long did you feel them for? I'm envious you've got telling the boss out of the way. I can't say anything for ages as they're making cut backs at work and I don't want to lose my job before maternity pay has to be paid out, so I'll be in poncho's for all of summer it would seem :haha::haha::haha::haha:.

Must have been scary when she couldn't see anything initial in the scan? :hugs: My uterus is still retroverted but weirdly I find pretty much having an empty bladder helps with the scans rather than a full one for me. Your scans will become clearer and easier though as bubba gets bigger and our uteruses will no doubt flip to the front soon.

I've just got to end with:

OH MY GOD!!! WE'RE BOTH PREGNANT AND HAVING A BABY !!!!!:happydance::flower::thumbup::laugh2::dance::yipee::friends::smug::tease::wohoo::loopy::wave::D:):lol::eek:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This is the second time Ive written a reply because my iPad ran out of battery! :dohh:

I told my family at the weekend! I told my mum on Thursday, I handed her an envelope with the scan pics in and she was very excited when she saw them. I got a little teary eyed, probably from the relief of finally telling her. Then I did the same on Saturday at Dad's birthday meal, and everyone gave me a cuddle and my Dad seemed really happy!

OH told his mum on Tuesday the day after our scan, because she always has Ida that day, she was very excited and cried a little! Then she phoned OH's dad and told him and he cried too! So on Sunday we told his sister and family. She was confused at first and thought we were showing her photos of Ida's scans, but when she got it she was so happy for us and gave us a nice hug.

Have you told OH's family now? Did you decide to tell your family as well? Also, did you tell Sienna? :happydance:

I just need to tell work colleagues now (my boss is eager for me to tell people so he doesn't have to keep quiet anymore).

I told my boss right away because I thought it would be more likely to secure my job and protect me from any possible redundancies etc due to discrimmination, but maybe I'm wrong? Anyway, it was good to tell him because it was stressing me out thinking about telling him, so it's out the way now!

I hardly ever feel flutters, only one every couple of days. I had one this morning while eating my bacon sandwich. :haha: I'm looking forward to them being more frequent and obvious.

Last night we had a takeaway curry really late, about 9pm, and then Ida woke up at 1am for some reason. I settled her quickly but then I couldn't get back to sleep because of tummy ache. So after an hour of not sleeping, I got up and went to the loo. Then shortly afterwards I had to run to be sick! I think my body didn't like all that spicy curry in my tummy so close to bedtime. I felt better after I was sick, but ever since then I have felt like I have a lump in my throat when I swallow. :shrug: Possibly damage from the spicy food coming back up. :sick: At least that has put me off takeaway for a while! I think I need some indigestion tablets or something maybe.

I have been thinking more about the c section idea and feeling worried. I'm worried the spinal injection might give me the problem I had last time with the epidural, where I had a spinal fluid leak and ended up with horrendous unbearable headaches for 2 weeks. I'm not sure what to do really. I haven't been able to let anyone touch my spine since, so the idea of another needle going in is not appealing. :nope:

How are you feeling? Did you have a good Easter weekend? How did the beef Wellington go? Xxxx

Oh god, I've been there with the battery running out, makes me want to cry when it happens so feel your pain !!:hugs:

So cute you gave your mum an envelope with the pics in and the same with your dad, love that, very cute!:smug: I get you on being teary eyed, it's such a huge thing to have kept to yourselves for so long, it's such a huge weight to have and such a relief all's well and can be shared with everyone. :friends:

It's nice everyone took it so well. I was up late talking to sis in law, OH had bet I wouldn't be able to do it by Thursday so at 11.45pm I just blurted it out to her, she was sweet, really sweet and happy but not overly so (I didn't want her to be as it felt bitter sweet at the time because of what happened before) but her reaction was just perfect for me :thumbup:. She's been hilarious since, kept telling me not to pick up Sienna etc, I'm not broken !! :haha: I didn't tell my brothers (I have 3 of them !) I spent a lot of time with them one on one this visit and it was nice for conversation not to be taken over by baby talk, so I held off. I guess sis in law will spill etc but so far it appears she hasn't. I'll tell them next time I see them at the end of the month, no doubt they'll notice by then. Secretly I'm hoping she tells them so I don't have to :wacko::haha:

OH's family seemed happy bar hubby's brother's wife, she had a baby in Feb and seemed off with us.:shrug: I get people have their own issues so I'm not taking it personally. She's older and admitted she's worried she won't be able to have lots of children as she'd like to have 4 and currently has just the 1. I think she's a bit miffed we could try and have more with age on our side etc but then we have had other struggles with having children and I feel like she over looks that. But right now I'm not letting anyone affect us or our little family.

I'm so jealous you've shared with your boss already!:flower: I've had a new boss for a few months and we've not really gelled like I did with my old boss, so I've reservations telling her. Plus they're downsizing the company significantly and I don't think they'd think twice about making me redundant. So rules on that are, they can make you redundant if lots of other people's jobs are going to. So basically they have to justify that they would have made you redundant anyway etc. Happened in my old company, a girl I work with told our horrible boss when she was 7 weeks pregnant and within a couple of months they'd made her redundant along with a few others. She tried to fight for maternity payout via the union but lost. The main issue there was our boss wasn't very nice. Sounds like yours is lovely, so you should be fine.:thumbup:

I've put on... 9lbs !!:headspin: I keep laughing about it, like wow!! I'm not feeling anything yet but baby is nicely padded now so that's probably why :haha:.

Oh no sorry about your sickness episode, I think you're right, probably down to curry so late in the evening. I hope you haven't been sick again? Did you get indigestion with Ida? I bet there's over the counter remedies you could take. Have you received your maternity exemption card? I still haven't got mine so haven't got the iron tablets, oops!:shhh:

I'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience with the spinal block. I had a spinal block too and to be honest I didn't have any issues at all, so hopefully that's a good news story for you. Try not to worry about it, tell your midwife your reservations so it can be brought up with the consultant when you see them and hopefully they can give you reassurances too. Sounds like it was a horrible freak thing, and not one that should happen again?:hugs:

The beef wellington went down a storm, it was really good!!:yipee: We all ate so much food and still had tonnes left. I seem to have a belly already, I know it's not baby already, it's just protection as hubby calls it but I'm shocked at how big it is. I guess I need to accept this is my third pregnancy and that will be a reason for me being so big already but it's hard to accept that. I did a silly thing last night, I keep pushing things against my stomach when I'm lifting things etc, I was carrying the ironing board against my tummy and was carrying a million other things... and lo and behold a minute or so later I threw up! I made it to the toilet but hubby was not impressed with me, I struggle to know where my limits are physically when I'm pregnant and hate asking for help but I guess last night was a bit of a wake up call....oops!!!!:shy:

Have you got your 16 week appointment booked in? I'm going to be busy with work the 16th week so I have my appointment booked in for the week after on Thursday 18th April.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->