Our grand finale -- Madelyn is here!

Wow Congratulations and even more of wow... with no pain relief!! xx

Eek.. just thinking about that makes me cringe a bit.. even now.. I think it'll stay with me for a bit (er.. months/years) unlike the other birth, where I walked out of the hospital doors and forgot everything... (obviously... or not too sure I'd have had Madelyn! :haha:) I'm a firm believer though -- if I can do it.. hell.. anyone can! :thumbup:

Still in awe...!! But glad to know that you feel that if you can do it anyone can...as I am currently pooping my pants about labour! xx

Heehee.. you've only 5 more weeks (give or take) -- not sure if this will help, but did you know that at any given minute there are approximately 227 other women around the world giving labor at the same time you are? I did a lot of reading, in hopes it'd help me through labor to remember these little tidbits ... um, well, I didn't really think of too much other than what was happening at that precise moment -- but it was an interesting read! :hugs: I'll have to watch and stalk you a bit to see how it all pans out... I have no doubt you'll do fantastically! :flower:

I know...5 more weeks! Jaysus! Where you late or early, or on time? I can't remember? I'm liking the titbits, might have to go off researching some more like that! :)

Thanks for your faith...I'm needing some of it for myself I can tell you - though I am of course of the mindset that it needs to come out one way or other, so I'm going to have to just get on with it. Stalk away!!

Have you got a parenting journal on the go too? Am on a mission to get lots of hints and tips for after too! :hugs: Oh and Happy New Year to you all xxx

Madelyn was a bit late (as she was initially due on the 29 of Nov) but nothing too insane.... I was a bit envious of those that had a scheduled c-sections, as they knew EXACTLY what was happening and when -- I just chucked it up to .. 'gotta take each day as it comes' and go with the flow.. :smug:... ALTHOUGH had she been 2 weeks late, I think I would have been banging my head up against a wall.... :haha:

Aww.. that was so nice of you to ask, but I don't have a parenting journal, as I tend to think of my family as a bit 'unconventional' and who the heck is to say I know WHAT I am doing?!? :rofl: Not I, by any means.... I just do the best I can.... I honestly just plunked down Madelyn's birth story so I could remember some of the details that tend to blur over time and am not a huge thread starter....I just tend to comment a lot. :haha:

Here's another tidbit for you :flower: -- "a baby is born every seven seconds"... so I imagined that if I felt I couldn't go any longer (in those last few "push once more" moments) that I could think of that fact and again, realize that there are so many going through what I was, that somehow it would give me the strength to keep going. I'm excited for you -- I hope meeting your LO goes as you would want it. :hugs: Happy New Year to you as well!

Madelyn was a bit late (as she was initially due on the 29 of Nov) but nothing too insane.... I was a bit envious of those that had a scheduled c-sections, as they knew EXACTLY what was happening and when -- I just chucked it up to .. 'gotta take each day as it comes' and go with the flow.. :smug:... ALTHOUGH had she been 2 weeks late, I think I would have been banging my head up against a wall.... :haha:

Aww.. that was so nice of you to ask, but I don't have a parenting journal, as I tend to think of my family as a bit 'unconventional' and who the heck is to say I know WHAT I am doing?!? :rofl: Not I, by any means.... I just do the best I can.... I honestly just plunked down Madelyn's birth story so I could remember some of the details that tend to blur over time and am not a huge thread starter....I just tend to comment a lot. :haha:

Here's another tidbit for you :flower: -- "a baby is born every seven seconds"... so I imagined that if I felt I couldn't go any longer (in those last few "push once more" moments) that I could think of that fact and again, realize that there are so many going through what I was, that somehow it would give me the strength to keep going. I'm excited for you -- I hope meeting your LO goes as you would want it. :hugs: Happy New Year to you as well!

I know what you mean about the C sections...not that I'd EVER prefer a C section apart from I think it'd be good to be able to plan for a day, I like to plan!! :wacko: I must admit I don't actually want to be early, because I'm not stopping work til next friday and really want just a little bit of me-time to recover! :coffee:

I'm not a massive thread starter, I know what you mean...but I've loved writing my pregnancy journal more for me to look back on and get my thoughts out as it were! I don't by any means think I know anything, but it's nice for people to comment and advise without having to go asking on a forum...it's a little more friendly sometimes. I've got a couple of people who have befriended me and it's really nice...So I will be doing a parenting journal but only again for those reasons! Guessing I won't have as much time, but it'll still be fun and interesting to look back on I think. So if you don't have one then I'll just have to pick your brain from time to time...and I love the sound of "unconventional" :winkwink:

So every 7 seconds...blimey! At some point I'll be one of those stats, getting excited now! Just gotta get blinking work outta the way!

Sorry for hijacking your birth thread though! :flower: Hope all is well with you and Madelyn (I love her name btw!) xxx

I know what you mean about the C sections...not that I'd EVER prefer a C section apart from I think it'd be good to be able to plan for a day, I like to plan!! :wacko: I must admit I don't actually want to be early, because I'm not stopping work til next friday and really want just a little bit of me-time to recover! :coffee:

I'm not a massive thread starter, I know what you mean...but I've loved writing my pregnancy journal more for me to look back on and get my thoughts out as it were! I don't by any means think I know anything, but it's nice for people to comment and advise without having to go asking on a forum...it's a little more friendly sometimes. I've got a couple of people who have befriended me and it's really nice...So I will be doing a parenting journal but only again for those reasons! Guessing I won't have as much time, but it'll still be fun and interesting to look back on I think. So if you don't have one then I'll just have to pick your brain from time to time...and I love the sound of "unconventional" :winkwink:

So every 7 seconds...blimey! At some point I'll be one of those stats, getting excited now! Just gotta get blinking work outta the way!

Sorry for hijacking your birth thread though! :flower: Hope all is well with you and Madelyn (I love her name btw!) xxx

You didn't hijack this birth thread -- you enhanced it! :hugs: I think that's awesome about your journal -- I wish I had done that with Madelyn... Starting one now would be interesting (if even, like you said, to just look back on) but, at times, I'm busier than a one legged woman in a butt kicking contest -- heck, finding time to pee is a huge achievement! Yes, yes.. do enjoy your time because when your LO is here, it becomes quite the balancing act. Last week I remember going to the post, carrying in some huge boxes and taking Madelyn, thinking, "if only I could stuff you back in my belly for a bit".. sure makes getting things done a bit easier... :haha: but we managed just fine, we just had to go a bit slower.

The whole family has been so sick these last few days -- cold/flu going around. Not fun nursing a congested baby who can't breathe too well but we are managing with a vaporizer, tons of cuddles, lots of nursing and she's back to sleeping on my chest as we had a 'gag' scare (I hate that!!!). And what is it about men (okay.. maybe not ALL men.. :rofl:) as soon as they feel like rubbish, it's almost as if they become one of your own children.. :haha: Poor hubby... although I do have to go into the hallway (after bringing him something to eat/drink/etc.) to have a giggle because it's just too pathetically cute. I wish I could crawl into bed and do the "woe is me" but nope.. must rise to the occasion.

So another week and half of work? Or is it THIS Friday as your last day? You must be excited.... the thought of being able to sleep in, take naps when needed and just relax as you wait for your LO makes me happy for you.. that would be divine! I added you and I hope you don't mind me peeking at your journal. Hope you are doing well and these work days fly by! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->