Our House Might Be Haunted...

CharmingBeake

Reaction score
OH and I moved into our current house about a year ago. Things were pretty quiet until about February, two months before LO was born. Then we started hearing weird noises, but we wrote them off as the house creaking or the heaters. LO was born in April and warm weather quickly rolled around, so we opened all of our windows, and so when things started falling off the tables and shelves we just wrote it off as wind coming through the windows, since we live in a windy place... Also we started seeing shadows, but again, wrote it off as the cats wandering the house.
However...now the weather is cold, so we've shut the windows and things are still falling and being moved when neither me or OH has moved them. We're still hearing weird noises that can't be explained by the heat or house shifting as its not that time of year yet... And the cats had been terrorizing LO so we gave them their own room to stay in away from LO...and we are still seeing shadows darting in the next room or around furniture...they're too big to be mice and we would notice if it was a cat escaped from its room because they wouldn't just disappear...

Its kind of unsettling really. I'm not afraid to live with ghosts or spirits, and for the most part I really don't mind...but sometimes, when I'm alone in a room, or if I have to leave LO alone in her room for the night, I just get uneasy. Whatever it is doesn't seem harmful, or even intelligent...but as I said things have been escalating since right before LO was born, so there is always potential for them to get worse.

Does anyone else live in a haunted house or see spirits? How do you feel about it and how do you cope now that you have LOs?

I live in a haunted house. Alot of things have been happening here (as you know!) Most recently OH (who is not a believer in spirts or paranormal) was laying in bed next to me trying to drift off to sleep when he jumped 2 feet in the air. I responded and told him to piss off and stop moving and he told me there was a lady looking him in his face and it freaked him right out.

Not only that but things have been moved as well. And I had a psychic friend of mine tell me that my house is haunted by a woman and she loves children as she could never have her own. On top of THAT about a month ago my mom was up for 2 weeks to visit and she heard a voice and she thought it was OH coming home from work. So, naturally, she got up and looked around but nobody was here!

The last 2 weeks OH has also been hearing voices too. And I have had that eerie feeling when someone is watching you tons of times when I have been alone in bed trying to fall asleep at night. Crazy things! I know exactly how you feel. I think it's really cool though. :)

I'd love to have a psychic come in, but OH doesn't believe in them. We're pretty sure we have a cat spirit, and a woman. We think there might be one more. Sometimes it kind of freaks me out because most of the activity seems to be in Loli's room. I fell asleep in there on the floor one morning after getting her down for an early nap, and something kept waking me up by stroking my hair across my forehead. It totally freaked me out! Other than that it mostly seems to be shadows and footstep sort of noises. Its only gotten really noticable lately though...when we first moved in we either just didn't notice it or wrote it off as something else...or it just wasn't active then. I'm just not sure of what's going on. :)

Wow! That is so crazy, feeling someone stroking your hair must've freaked you right out!

When your tired your mind can play tricks on you, evan without realising.. don't scare yourselves.

And when you aren't tired? If you are a skeptic there is no need to post. We are looking for people with similar experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->