Our Little Journey xBUDDIESx

Sour_Skittle

Reaction score
Hey Ladies from the thread, https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/two-week-wait/2115225-whos-not-testing-until-after-af-due-13.html!!! I took friskyfish idea and made a thread for us to follow each other through our pregnancy journey!

I'm soooo excited to keep up with everyone and in the end have our happy and healthy bundles in our arms! :happydance::happydance:

Give me your Estimated Due Dates and I'll try and make a cute list for us! :)

DUE DATES!

MissCyn - 12 OCTOBER 2014
Sour_Skittle - 14 OCTOBER 2014
LoveBubble - 15 OCTOBER 2014
LuLu1987- 20 OCTOBER 2014

So news on me, I'm naturally a pretty hormonal person ever since having my first bundle of joy. I can have moments of tears, irritability, or just cloud9 and happy as can be. Lol... And this month I was just a crazy ball of emotions which should have been my biggest indicator I was pregnant... But when you are hormonal often it's hard to detect the difference lol.

So I'm trying SO HARD to be as little hormonal as possible for OHs sake... I remember my first two pregnancies... Oh my goodness... Lol.... I really need to use some relaxation techniques... Maybe start some pregnancy yoga or something. :)

How is everyone feeling?

I'm losing a lot of hair... This happens every pregnancy. It's funny because OH and I were saying how I haven't lost much hair anymore, like I used to. And I said I only lose hair when I'm pregnant (don't worry I'm not meaning I go bald just you can see my hair ends up everywhere) then suddenly my hair started to show up everywhere again and OH gave me that look... As if we were both thinking the same thing... I must be pregnant. Lol. Sure enough here we are!

Other symptoms, a headache I've had since ovulation and a sweet tooth. Nothing else other than that! Besides hormonal! Lol but I'm trying to keep it at bay!!

Hiiiiii!!!! Loving this thread!!! I'm so so so happy to join I can't even put into words... I think this thread is an amazing idea, I can't wait to follow each others journeys, sharing symptoms, b*tch fits, scan pictures and newborn pictures!!! I calculated my due date online it said "October 15th 2014" so I'm one day behind u! It's lovely to be so close in dates!!

I would say my biggest indicators were I stayed wet after O, I didn't dry up at all!! Also my cp was high all the way thru tww (even though people say this isn't a great indicator and I agree, however it did this my first pregnancy so I feel its a sign for me)

I was soo badly emotional too! So stroppy so easily thought it was af! But several times I burst into tears n thought OMG what is wrong with me! I had pulling OV pains during the tww which was really strange and made me think something was going on down there but I didn't wanna get my hopes up! My bbs changed, they felt more sore than just af, and they hurt all over not just the usual bruised side feeling like with af! That was all thru tww! My biggest screamer was I started to go off sweet stuff... I had already missed my period by this point but I was gagging sooo bad trying to eat a cream cake my brother had bought me!!! It tasted awful and usually I love them so that was just it for me!! Oh also before I missed af I couldn't face bananas, usually have one every morning but again was gagging even trying to eat one!! I had a sore throat 6/7 dpo, randomly! Was praying it was linked to implantation and now I believe it was, its lasted 2 days and was gone! I've had a stuffy nose since but its freezing here in the UK so guessed it was a cold! I had the dryest mouth after the sore throat thing, I was sooo thirsty!! And still am!! And of course good old exhaustion started to kick in, exactly how I felt early on with first pregnancy! I think that's everything lol! Wanted to give lots of details, I just read thru my diary what I had recorded!!

Look forward to healthy and happy 9 months with u all... And praying me and sour skittle get out rainbow babies :) xxxxx

Thank you for starting this thread Sour Skittle. I'm pretty new to this website, wasn't too sure how to go about it.
My EDD is October 12.
It's funny what you say about hair, because pregnancy is just about the only time I don't loose hair lol.
So a bit about myself, I am 34, OH is 43 and DD is going to be 4 in March. With that pregnancy, I got extreme nausea and vomitting that started very suddenly at 7weeks. Yesterday I went to a walk in clinic to get a prescription for a drug that saved my life last time. It's called Diclectin here in Canada, works wonders for MS. I really hope I don't need it this time around, but I wanted to get my hands on it ahead of time in case.
Also I've been looking into getting a new Ob/gyn for this pregnancy because I really didn't like the one I had before. I've called a few clinics and it looks like I won't be getting my initial consult before mid-march.
So Sour Skittle, I meant to ask, are you hoping for a boy this time? OH really wants a boy now. Personally, all my life I've wanted girls. When I was younger I would daydream about having 3 girls lol. But anyway, since I got my girl, I guess it would be nice to give OH his boy lol. And given my age, this will most likely be my last pregnancy.

Hi LoveBubble, we must have been writting at the same time because I just saw your post. I just wanted to say hi!

YAY! So happy you guys made it over here! Gosh... I'm still in shock from our BFPs it feels so unreal :)

LoveBubble... I'm not sure which EDD to go by. Some sites say the 14th and some say the 15th I just put the 14th because it's sooner. Haha! But we'll get real dates when the doctor checks.

Misscyn I hope morning sickness stays away! I know that stuff can be awful! My friend had it horribly when she was pregnant. She vouched to never get pregnant again lol. :/ I luckily haven't had MS in any of my pregnancies so I hope I don't get it in this pregnancy either.

Oh and LoveBubble... I wonder if we're having opposite sex babies because I'm craving sweets like crazy and I'm not normally a sweets kind of person... But I can't seem to get enough!

Misscyn - hi! :wave: yeah we must have sent posts at the same time lol!

Sour skittle - maybe ur right about the opposite sex thing!! I'm a big sweetie person... So that's why it's strange I'm not wanting cakes and things! I was offered a cake today at work and gagged lol! I liked sweet stuff last time, lots of fruit and hot chocolate etc... And I was pregnant with a little boy. So maybe this time is a little girl! Ill be happy either way :)

What gender would u ladies like? Xxx

Seeing our names in lights with due dates gave me the warmest feeling all over :) I'm so so happy!!! :cloud9:

I really REALLY want a son so bad this time! SO BAD! I have two little girls, whom I love to bits and are the best girls ever, but this will be our last child and something about having both genders as my children makes us feel complete. BUT I wouldn't mind at all for another girl... I can imagine the drama as they get older haha! And then I worry if it is a boy... I will feel bad for him LOL since he will be the LITTLE brother. If I had a son first, I wouldn't feel as bad if he was the only son, because at least then he would be the older sibling. Lol... Oh the joys he will have if bean is a boy. :D

Are you hoping for one over the other? I know we are happy with either but do you have a little more hope for one gender over the other?

*sigh* I'm on cloud9 for real. :)

I really REALLY want a son so bad this time! SO BAD! I have two little girls, whom I love to bits and are the best girls ever, but this will be our last child and something about having both genders as my children makes us feel complete. BUT I wouldn't mind at all for another girl... I can imagine the drama as they get older haha! And then I worry if it is a boy... I will feel bad for him LOL since he will be the LITTLE brother. If I had a son first, I wouldn't feel as bad if he was the only son, because at least then he would be the older sibling. Lol... Oh the joys he will have if bean is a boy. :D

Are you hoping for one over the other? I know we are happy with either but do you have a little more hope for one gender over the other?

*sigh* I'm on cloud9 for real. :)

Lol I know what u mean about the only boy and the little brother!! Hell! But cute.. He will be running to his mummy saying "tell them to stoppp!" Lol!!

My last pregnancy I really wanted a girl, our family friends at the parties have lots of boys, there's 1 little girl and 1 other on the way so thought it would be nice to even out the number at parties!! Also my parents have a grandson so I would loveeee to give them a granddaughter! They even told me how much they would love a baby girl like a "mini me" :) my nephew - their grandson is a "mini me" of my brother!! Also I just love all the pretty girly clothes!!! And bows and ribbons awww!!! However OH would LOVE a boy to take to football etc. he's always wanted a boy but said of course he would be happy either way too!! And his mum has a granddaughter and would love a grandson... So its a win, win situation either way! saying all that I guess I'm leaning more to a girl still.... But after losing our first I'm definitely just wanting my take home bubs with or without a bow lol!

So that's me for a girl, u for a boy, lets see what the others say!! :thumbup:

I'm still in shock how lucky that thread was! I can't believe we all got our BFP's so close together!!

Yes, that thread was very lucky. :) Hoping friskyfish finds her way over here. :)

Pregnancy symptoms seem to be hitting me full force. Last night I felt really blah. Nauseous, crampy, couldn't get comfy, back ache. Hungry but food didn't appeal to me.

This morning I feel like the flu is coming on... I feel weak and shakey and just out of it.

Hope you all are doing well. :)

Hi ladies,
Like I said in my previous post, OH would like a boy, so I'll say I have a slight preference for a boy for his sake lol. But honestly, I just love little girls and I really wouldn't mind a second.
Also, I think it would be nice for DD to have a sister. On the other hand, I suppose there is less competition with siblings of the opposite sex.

What I would really like is twins, one boy and one girl lol. I know that would be a lot of work (I have twin brothers who are 10 years younger than I, my mom actually feels sorry for couples who are expecting twins) but I've always wanted a large family. Given my age, this will probably be my last pregnancy, so twins may be my only hope for more than 2 children!! :) No honestly I know the odds are very slim, but I still like to think of the possibility.

Hope you ladies have a lovely day. xx

Ohhh twins! :)

You know... This is our last time having a baby... And I can't say I would be upset if I found out I was having twins! I have been day dreaming the what ifs. :) I don't have twins in my family... So my only luck is identical twins. But the weird thing is, when I was pregnant with my first, I had multiple dreams of twin boys.... So who knows! I can hope right!? Lol :) (but my two best friends gave birth to boys... So maybe that's what I was dreaming about)

Well ladies I'm hoping u both get what u want from ur bubbs :) how we all feelin today? Sour skittle I'm feeling wiped out too.. Exhausted and kinda run down! Not ill just like lack of energy/want to stay in my pjs all day! Really thirsty, peeing all the time, veryyyy sore bbs and nipples!!

So the twin conversation is interesting!! We have lots of twins in our family... My dad has 2 sets of twin cousins, one on his mothers side one on his fathers side. Then my mums grandad was a twin, and my OH brothers are twins!! Last pregnancy midwife gasped when I reeled that off :rofl: lol! I read the only significant twins are those on the female side, but its still cool how many we are linked to! First pregnancy I kept saying "I don't want twins!!" Now I'm so happy to be pregnant ill take what I get and be grateful... Twins sound like hard work but it would be lovely too...

I had my docs app today! In UK I have to go docs to be referred to midwife.. They didn't even test me just took my word for it lol. Midwife should call in a few days to book my home visit, they come to our homes and fill in all the forms and paper work, then I should receive my 12 week scan date in the post. Due to my loss I thought I would be offered an early scan but was told today I'm seen as no higher risk than anyone else... Only after 3 or more mc....? However all my friends have said it should be offered to me. If not I can call early pregnancy clinic and book myself in.

Hoping the other ladies find their way over here! Xxx

Twins are on your side of the family, so it's likely you could! That's a lot of twins! How cool!

We have absolutely no records of twins on either of our sides of the family so my chances are unlikely.

Great that you're getting things done medically wise! I'm still trying to get my insurance situated since our move... Hopefully will have it fixed in a week! I'm nervous when I can't book appointments!

Ahh! Give me spicy food! I'm like on a rampage lol.

Other than my cravings, my symptoms this morning seem to be tapering off... Which scares me. :/ I wish our uterus' had a window so we can keep an eye on growing bean. :/

Lol Sour Skittle, i was actually eating sweet chili chips when i read your post...at 9am! I'm staying home from work today, DD and i are both under the weather.
I wouldn't worry too much about the lack of symptoms. We're still so early. With DD i didnt feel anything unusual (besides pelvic cramps) until 7 weeks. Then everything hit me at once: MS, aversion to sweets, unable to take hot showers, hightened sense of smell. But yeah, i know what you mean about the uterus window lol. It seems i'm so much more aware of things that could go wrong this time around.

And LoveBubble, all those twins! That's so cool. My best friend's grandmother actually had 2 sets of twins and one set of triplets! Plus she had a bunch of singles too. Worst part is she had her first baby at age 31. She was considered an old maid in those days. She sure made up for lost time! Anyway, i like to think of that woman whenever my toddler is giving me a hard time lol.

Wow that's a crazy amount of twins and triplets! It's a good person to think of when I think I have it rough with just my two. Lol!

Ok so... I do have one symptom today.

I am tearing up and crying over every little thing youtube video wise! Ahha! Even videos of funny little kids, I'm like why am I tearing up!? And all my friends posting pictures of their newborns I start tearing up again and trying to choke back tears. Lol.

SMH!

Misscyn - that is crazyyyyy lol! I think when anyone feels stressed they should think of that lady :haha:

I would say my biggest symptoms is the exhaustion like I could curl up in a ball right now and sleep (but I'm at work lol) I feel sooo tired all day... Bbs still sore, and little bit dizzy when I stand too quickly! I woke this morning and out of nowhere started thinking "oh my god what if this isn't it... What if I lose this LO too.. What if, what if, what if" and I started to feel so panicky and sick and then just thought woah what the hell are u doing to urself?? That is not helpful this is out of ur hands.... So I'm ok again now, back to feeling postive, I'm gonna rest, I eat well drink plenty of water and take my vitamins no more I can do.... And stressing wont do bubs any good at all! I've decided I'm gonna allow myself to chill more... I'm off a few days next week, I'm gonna enjoy it instead of trying to book in more work for myself (like I did last pregnancy) me and baby come first 100% this time. I wish we had a little uterus window too ladies! Just to day hey how u gettin on in there? Hold on tight ok! Lol! Ahhh the mind of a pregnant woman... Still haven't told OH!! It's killing me lol! Everytime he asks about my late period I can feel my words stumbling lol! Hope ur ok ladies xxx

Have you come up with a cute way to tell him? I think you told me before but I forgot!

How is everyone doing? Told family and friends yet?

I've only told OH and my best friend. This is our third baby, and my family was against us having more than two... So I'm really not that excited to tell them... They won't be happy for us. I'll never understand why people can let other people's decisions of their own lives determine their feelings towards them. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me. But ah well! I wanted three and we are on our way to having three! Fully capable of taking care of them. We aren't struggling. I will be starting school to become a physical therapist assistant soon, so I guess their view is how can I have children and go to school? It's not impossible. Lol. People work and have children but school and children is a different story? Idk... I know it won't be easy, but completely doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->