Our Little Journey xBUDDIESx

Morning ladies,

Got my first doctors appointment today, not sure what to expect but I think everything's gonna finally feel a little more real for us! :yipee:

Hi ladies!! My friends baby girl arrived!!! C section in the end... She was in labour for such a long time and baby became stressed. Well her little princess is absolutely beautiful! I visited her in hospital yday... She is just perfection! I was fighting back tears... I kept thinking please god if all goes ok this will be me in October!!

So how is everyone feeling? I'm still soo nauseas in the mornings... Was a little sick yday morning but my tummy was empty so not really anything to come up! And still nauseas through out the day if I haven't eaten for about 2 hours!! I'm sooo constipated its annoying but in praying these are all good signs as I didn't have these with my last pregnancy... So I'm hoping my hormone levels are nice and high :) I have been drinking boiled water and lemon all morning, and eating prunes!!! My mum said maybe its my vitamins.. But I'm almost certain it's not that, I've been on my vitamins for 6 month, after losing LO #1 I was told to continue taking them daily as wanted to try again. And I've never had an issue with them, so I'm pretty sure it's the pregnancy hormones doing it! But as long as everything is ok in there I will grin and bare it!!! Is anyone having an early scan at all? I'm unsure ATM... I said when I fall pregnant again I will 100% have an early scan to checke everything is going ok... But I'm feeling really positive ATM, so I think ill see how I feel in a few weeks... OH said its up to me :) our healthcare service doesn't give a free scan until 12 weeks!

Good luck Lulu! You're lucky, i don't see my doc until i'm 10 weeks!

And Love Bubble, yay a healthy baby girl! Congrats to your friend :)
So you have started with the nausea, well that is a very good sign. I kept reminding myself of that when i was super sick with my daughter. It means your hormone levels are high and that has protective benefits for the pregnancy. There was even a study that came out a few years ago showing that women who were extremely sick went on the have very smart children...something about high levels of hormones being beneficial to brain development.

As for an early scan, i'm thinking about it. I had some pinkish discharge when i wiped after a BM (sorry tmi) last week, which freaked me out because that had never happened with my daughter. My doc's office said one episode of pink discharge didn't warrent a scan, but that if it continued i could go to the emergency of a certain hospital that specializes in obstetrics and they would perform a scan. Well it hasn't happened again thank God, but i'm still debating whether or not i should go. I wanted to wait until i hit the 6 week mark because if i do get a scan i would like to see a heartbeat. Just like you, we don't get a free scan here until the 12th week.

Hey! Congrats to your friends new baby! I would LOVE to see a newborn right now. :)

Me... I'm feeling HORRIBLE!!!! Last night I wanted to throw up so bad. It was right there... I had to sleep with a bowl because I just knew I was going to puke my guts up. :/ I feel bad because OH wanted to cuddle and I couldn't/didn't want to be touched I felt so sick.

I really hope this feeling goes away... I can't imagine making it 9 months like this. :/
I haven't experienced this with any of my pregnancies... My other pregnancies were SOO easy.

I haven't even seen the doctor yet... But here they normally schedule your first ultrasound between 8-12 weeks. My insurance hasn't called me yet to discuss if I qualify... If they don't respond come Wednesday, I'll be making some phone calls. I'm getting aggravated with the delay. I really want to go in and see the doctor... Maybe they can give me something for this awful MS.

Hope everyone else's ickyness starts tapering off soon.

I have had no sickness at all yet. Should I be concerned?

Abosolutely not Lulu. Though MS can be a good sign, the absence of it is by no means a bad sign. Many lucky women don't get it at all. That being said though, you shouldn't consider yourself safe from it just yet. With my last pregnancy it started very suddenly and extremely at 7 weeks. Until then i felt really good.

And ladies, if your MS gets really bad, there is a great drug your doctor can prescribe. It's called Diclectin here in Canada. It acts on the brain, not on the stomach, completely safe during pregnancy. I took it until i was 32 weeks, if not i would throw up many times a day.

Sour Skittle, maybe you're having a boy this time, since you feel so different than you did with your girls!

I won't count myself out yet then, there's still plenty of time! On the other hand keeping my fingers crossed that I might be one of the lucky girls who manages to avoid it completely!

I'm hoping the same for myself, but i already have my prescription meds in case i get it bad again!

Hi ladies how r we all?? I've been busy having snuggs with my friends beautiful baby girl... Awww she is just so previous!!! I can't wait to have my baby in my arms!!

MS can be a good sign I heard that too!! :D but lack of it is certainly nothing to worry about! My mum and no morning sickness with me or my brother... And my friend and sister in law are both expecting their second and have never experienced morning sickness and still have healthy pregnancies!! I'm feeling much the same as before... Except I have a really sort throat today and a cold :( never mind! About the private scans misscyn I'm gonna wait n see how I feel at about 8/9 weeks!! ATM I'm feeling positive :) but if I need reassurance myself and OH said we will definitely pay for one! Lots of love ladies! I'm 7 weeks tmw woo hoo it feels like its going quite quick to be honest! Can't believe I've know 2 wks already 😱 how far are u ladies now? Xxx

Hey. :) I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow too!

Feeling sick as ever. Not used to feeling this way. Awfulness. I just want to lay in bed all day. Hoping it passes soon. My insurance hasn't called me yet on approval. Getting concerned. Would love to make my first appointment.

Lulu how was your appointment??

Hi ladies, I'm 6.5 weeks, will be 7 weeks on the wknd.
So the MS started this wknd, which is actually a week earlier than with my daughter. I feel HORRIBLE. I started my meds asap this time, to avoid it progressing to hyperemesis like last time. However, as a side-effect, I'm extremely drowsy. It takes about a week for the drowsiness to wear off. Anyway I could stay in bed all week; unfortunately I have to work.

Love Bubble, I hope you feel better soon.

Sour Skittle, what's up with your insurance? I love the States, but your healthcare system seems to suck!

Lulu, how was your first doc appointment?

Hi ladies,

My doctors appointment went well. He confirmed my due date and gave me some little snippets of advice on pregnancy. He also booked me in to see the midwife 7th March :)

My symptoms have got considerably worse. M/S has hit me full force, i'm suffering from a lot of painful trapped wind, and my appetite is zero. :(

Oh sorry to hear you're feeling sick Lulu. Seems not one of us was spared! I take my medication 3 times a day and I still feel awful. I'm basically surviving on bananas and bread at the moment. Everything else disgusts me. But at least I'm functional. Last pregnancy I missed so much work.

Btw March 7 is a great day, it's my bday! :)

Hey everyone. :)

With my insurance. I don't know. I HAVE to call today and get answers. I really need a prescription for this MS.

No amount of water I drink I get dehydrated in the middle of the night. Feel weak and a huge headache. :/

Hope everyone is doing well. Is anyone going to go to any pregnancy classes?? Just curious. :) idk if they offer any here or not yet. Will look into it.

I hope you get that sorted out asap Sour Skittle.

I don't think i'll be doing the prenatal classes this time. OH and i did them last time, i think i still remember most of it. Anyway i took them more as a confidence thing, like labour didn't seem so scary if i had some basic knowledge about the whole process. Last pregnancy i had i "natural birth plan" but nothing went according to plan. This time i don't care so much about any of that, as long as the baby comes out safe and sound! They can drug me all they want lol!

Hey everyone. :)

Just checking in on everyone. My girls are very sick. Croup cough :/

So not getting any sleep trying to get them to feel better. Very drained... Just hate when they get sick... So scary. :/

Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh poor things. It's so hard when the little ones are sick. The first 2 years my dd was in daycare she was basically sick from September to April! This year it hasn't been so bad, but February was a rough one.
Hope they feel better soon, and you too!
I'm ok, I feel nauseated for most of the day, but by no means am i bedridden like I was with dd. Mornings and early afternoons are the worst, but by the end of the day I feel almost normal.

Lulu and Love Bubble, haven't heard from you in a while, hope all is well. xx

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of posts - it's been a bit of a dicey 7 days!

It all started last Friday afternoon when I noticed brown spotting on the t/p when I went to the loo. This continued over the weekend and then began to taper off around mon/tues. Also over the weekend had crippling stomach pains which I put down to trapped wind. However I wasn't 100% sure so visited my A&E Sunday morning, they took a water sample which confirmed I was still pregnant but there were still traces of blood. They then referred me for a scan which I had today.

Luckily after 4 days of sheer torture, and paranoia over fading symptoms, little peanut is absolutely fine. I saw the heart flickering away and I just burst into tears of relief! I really can't believe I saw my baby today!

Got our first proper midwife appointment tomorrow, at least I can relax and get back to enjoying being pregnant again :) The only thing which is not so fun is the fact I can't stop puking... :sick:

What a relief Lulu! Same thing actually happened to me at 5 weeks, a pink spot after going to the loo. Of course I panicked because I had no spotting at all with dd. Anyway I called a healthline and the nurse said this was quite common and to wait and see if it stopped. Well it did stop but then about 5 days later I noticed brown discharge on my underwear. Tried to see my doc but she can't see me til I'm 10 weeks. So anyway I waited until the 6 week mark and went to the ER. They did an internal scan and everything was ok. Saw the heartbeat and all :) I used to think that spotting meant an automatic mc. Now I see it is quite common in the first trimester. That being said though, I hope it doesn't happen again.

If there's one thing i've learnt from this, it's to stay away from google.

I was convinced i'd lost the baby until my scan today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->