Our little rainbows arrival <3

Leann83

Reaction score
After almost a full year of being pregnant, our little rainbow arrived in 5th of December at 40+2 (mmc at almost 13 weeks back in January and we luckily conceived again after waiting for one cycle). For some reason I thought that this labour would be very similar to DS1s and so was expecting him to arrive a few days early and be around the 7.5lb mark... I was very wrong!

I went to bed about 1am on the Saturday morning and noticed I had mild back pains every 20 mins or so. I had back pain for 2 full days before the doctors realised I was 8cm dilated with DS1 so thought labour was a bit away yet. I fell asleep and woke up with really strong contractions at about 4am, some only 3 mins apart that I really had to breath through. I only managed until 4.30 until I had to wake DH up and tell him I thought we'd be going soon. Ended up taking DS1 out of bed at 5.30 to bring him to relatives and headed over to the hospital. Got to hospital for 6am where I was 5-6cm dilated. Headed into our delivery room with the midwife and spent the next 3 hours breathing through contractions which were coming every 2 mins or so. At about 9am I told the midwife I needed to push, she checked and I was 10cm and told me to push when I was ready. Unfortunately our little man was back to back and facing sideways, and he came out that way, took over an hour of pushing to get him out and right at the end the scar from DS1s episiotomy tore a small bit so needed a few stitches but not as many as 1st time round so that was a plus! Because I was pushing hard for so long, I ended up with 2 black eyes and some burst blood vessels in my eyes - something I had never even heard could happen! Thankfully my poor eyes are all nice and better now! :haha: our new arrival was weighed and we were surprised he was 9lb 0.5oz! We were allowed home the next day and couldn't be happier with my little family! :cloud9:

Thanks for posting Leann :D Wow glad your eyes are back to normal! He's a big boy! Huge congrats!!

Congrats! When I was pushing I told my hubby that it felt like I was going to burst blood vessels in my eyes but I didn't. Glad you're are all healed up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->