Our princess Esmé is here

Donna26

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks for all your kind words and congratulations. I'm finally at home after the birth. A 5 hour labour was not how I imagined it to say the least!

My waters broke Wednesday eve -with a pop and a gush- that bit was so cool!! Rang the hospital and they said come in to get checked out, but as my contractions hadn't started I would be sent home as I wasn't in labour and to labour at home.
Got to hospital around 7pm- all excited and jolly- got checked and was told Esmé had pooed inside me and would need to be admitted to monitor her.

Anyway started having contractions at 11 pm- and they were like BANG- no slow steady start to them- they were full on and I was screaming with each one- got checked and was 4cm dialated, and told I would prob have her the next day around lunch-

I tried gas and air- to which I just felt sick. I gave in and asked for an epidural as I thought another 12 hours of this would be unbearable. I got moved to the delivery unit and waited for my epidural- and waited and screamed and waited and screamed some more-Aneasthetist was with another lady, in the mean time I was vomiting and screaming more- a bit like the exorcist film!
Got the hang of the gas and air and screamed when they tried to take it away. I also was apparently very funny and made the midwives laugh with my ramblings and what I was calling them.
Because of the poo issue with Esmé, I needed to be hooked up to the monitors constantly which was scary.

Epidural man came, set it up- he asked if the mwives were sure I needed one as I seemed quite progressed- they said-oh yes she was 4cm a bit ago, but I wouldn't let them touch me again to check progress as it would bring on another contraction.

Anyway had epidural and then the Mwives needed to check things- to which they found I was fully dialated and the head had crowned allready- so pointless epidural as I had done the bloody hard work- the look on their faces was hilarious though. They thought it was going to be hours at least!
Esmé was born 40 mins later, with a few hard pushes! I had a small 2nd deg tear- but didn't need stitches. However the community mwife has since said if it was her decision I would've been stitched- so i've to keep my legs together as much as possible- no prob as i'm still suffering a bit with the SPD

Found out afterwards I didn't even have the full epidural- I had the test dose, before they give you the full thing- which took 30 mins to kick in, so felt all the pushing etc. At least it meant I could walk and shower afterwards and stopped me screaming for the aneathestist and offering to double his salary if he would come straight away:rofl:

Esmé Ann Warren, was born at 4.30 and weighed 8lb 9oz, and was perfect. Had a few issues with mucus at first, due to the poo. Esmé will need physio on her feet for a few months because she was so long she bent her legs around and we need to help her sort it out.

I had to stay in for 2 nights as there was a minor problem with the placenta membranes, but am fine now and should be ok

I have attached a few pics-(I have millions allready!) she is gorgeous- but I am biased, feel like the proudest Mum in the world!:cloud9:

Attachments

• IMG_4.jpg-happy.jpg
    IMG_4.jpg-happy.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3.jpg
    IMG_3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_12jpg.jpg
    IMG_12jpg.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 144
Aw congratulations, she is lovely. I am in Manchester as well, may I just ask which hospital yoce birth in if its not private? Thank you xx

Wow, lovely story. So happy for you babe, she is so Cute xx

Congratulations!! xx

She's so beautiful, glad mum and baby are doing well xxx

Great story hon. Congratulations she is gorgeous x x

Huge Congrats! Esme is gorgeous (I love that name!!!) xxx

Wow 5 hours thats great!! A beauty!! Enjoy your LO x

Aw congratulations, she is lovely. I am in Manchester as well, may I just ask which hospital yoce birth in if its not private? Thank you xx

I was in St Mary's and they were absolutely fantastic- I had 2 midwives with me the whole time- 1 was a student, but you wouldn't have known.

Good luck with yours and let me know if you have any questions

Congratulations babes! Shes gorgeous and lots of hair! x

Congratulations and well done! Shes a little stunner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->