Our Second Chance Of Happiness - Daisy Mia - 29.01.10

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
Now we have reached 12 days (past the night of the 11 day) I feel ready to share my birth story of my beautiful little Daisy. I apologise in advance, this will probably be pretty long.

28.01.10 - 37+6 weeks

I had a consultant appointment for a cervical inspection and sweep. It had been agreed that if the sweep did not work I would have an induction a few days later. The bereavement midwife met me for my appointment as I was feeling pretty anxious the night before at the monthly SANDS meeting, so I felt well supported. I was having the usual checks and straight away my BP was 145/102 :cry: she kept on checking my blood pressure - an experience I know all too well not to be a good sign.

They decided to get things moving and not bother giving me a sweep. (with my first born I had pre-eclampsia at 38 weeks) I couldnt believe it was happening the same way all over again. I thought if this was happening the same then would this baby die at 12 days too? :cry:

Anyway labour ward was busy so I was sent to the post natal ward for monitoring. This dragged on for ages but just seeing my babies heart trace nice and happy relaxed me a lot. Finally I was moved to labour ward and they expected me to need the pessary (sp) but they did an internal and I was 4cms dilated :happydance: With that I was taken straight round the corner to my room to have my waters broken.

The midwife really struggled to break my waters and when she said she had broken them I questioned it as with my son my waters shot everwhere and just kept coming but this time - nothing. She said they would trickle out :shrug: She had me bouncing on the ball to get the head down and contractions coming. After a couple of hours she put me on the drip to get things sped up. A few hours later I was still contracting irregular so the midwife who had taken over gave me another internal as she wasnt convinced my waters had gone, and what did we know ... they were still intact :dohh: (all them hours wasted lol)

Well once my waters were gone that was it. The contractions came thick and fast, each one getting more uncomfortable until they were on top of eachother. I had some gas and air- fantastic stuff. I had backache so turned on my side and with that gave a few pushes and my beautiful baby girl was born - screaming :cloud9:

My active labour time was 40 minutes and I needed no stitches with only a graze :dance: My labour was perfect I would love to go back and do it all over again.

Daisy Mia was born at 1.40am weighing 7lb 6oz :cloud9:

She looks a LOT like her big brother. She really has made us happier than we ever though possible and we are so so lucky to have her. She is perfect.

Sorry its long - I did warn you :haha:

Thank you to everyone for your fantastic support since Alex dying and throughout my pregnancy with Daisy, it means sooo much to me :hugs:

xxx

These are the only 2 photos I have on the computer - it wont let me upload them :( But I will try and add some of the gorgeous selection we have of her very soon :flower:

Daisy.jpgDaisy Boo.jpg

wow, great labour :thumbup:

shes adorable! :hugs:

Congrats honey, she's stunning.

Felt a little tearful reading that tbh, you're very brave & I'm sure Alex is watching over his new baby sister x

Congratulations Hayley she is perfect :hugs:

What a great labour too, same as Linzi I felt tearful reading that! Again congratulations, Alex must be so proud of you :hugs: x

Congratulations hun, she is adorable x

how lovely to read your labour was straight forward in the end-you right daisy does look alot like alex!many congrats
x

Congratulations Hayley little Daisy is beautiful!

Awwww Hayley, fantastic story, so so so very pleased for you.

Daisy is just gorgeous. So pleased that you got through last night, it must have been so hard for you xxx

Congratulations again Hayley & Richard. I'm so glad Daisy's birth went as planned... just a little reminder that Alex is watching over you, and looking after you.

You are right, she does look a lot like Alex. I can't wait to see more more photos :kiss:

Congratulations Hayley- She is just gorgeous & is the spitting image of her big bro xxx

Didnt know our LO's were a day difference in age :cloud9: :)!!
congrats on Daisy shes adorable

xxxx

She is gorgeous hun and the spitting image of Alex! I bet he is so proud bless him!! :D Well done xxx

What a lovely story to read :hugs: Congratulations on Daisy, she's beautiful x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->