Our Story.....

bigup

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Been linked to this forum and wow what a great forum it is as well

My wife, 29 weeks plus 5 days pregnant needed an emergency c-section on Thursday (22/08/2008.), basically there wasn’t any fluid around the baby in her mother’s womb. (due date was 1st November)

Beautiful little girl was born weighing just 1lb 7oz, she is now in an incubator on CPAP with AIR only, not needed oxygen as of yet, docs say she is doing well for her gestation,

On day 2 she had a pneumothorax which they say has resolved it self and she is doing fine with it.

She was slightly anemic and last night she had a blood transfusion, she looking much better now.

She is currently on 0.5ml of her mother’s milk every 2 hours, they taking it very slow with her feeds.

I know we’ve got a long road ahead of us and i hope to god that she fights everything that comes in her way. We just have to take it day by day, keep positive and pray.

Look forward to reading more on this forum about what to expect and reading happy ending stories.

thanks for reading!

Ah hun congrats to u and your wife for the safe arrival on your little girl, all the guys n girls on here are brilliant and fell of support. I have had my past 4 early and have been told this 1 will be around 26 weeks :cry: but i know with the suport and love of everyone on here it'll be made a little easier.
Your little girl sounds like a real fighter already, good luck with the future and just give me a shout if you or your wife want to chat, my hubby comes on in my name here so if ever you want to talk to him just shout ( our last was a 26 weeker and we went through all you can in there) as he always said he wished he'd had a man who's been through it to talk to :hug:

thanks for the kind words dippy dee, much appreciated, no doubt i shall be on here alot and doing alot of reading.

I have no experience of prem babies, but just wanted to wish you and your family all the best and to stay strong. I hope she continues to do well and is home safe with you and ur wife very soon xxx

Also, there is a mum on here who had a prem baby on here last week - mum2many- she has posted some pics of her baby in the gallery. You maybe able to offer each other support xx

Hiya,

Congratulations on the birth, from another premmie dad. It might seem a long road ahead but it is amazing how quickly it goes, she will be home before you know it.

We never believed we would get this far and end up having such a little bundle of joy but we did. Anway you are right, just take things day by day and always remain positive.

Going back to work after paternity leave was very tough, especially as I mostly only saw her at weekends due to her being 120 mile round trip away.. Is she in an NICU unit near you.

If I can ever be of any help, from a dad's perspective then please do not hesitate to contact us,I know what you are going through.

Thanks very much mate, it is a stressful time, but its nice to know there are people on here that care and support is around when needed.

Just wanted to say good luck, i hope she continues to be so strong and congratulations!! There are many positive stories on here for you to read also :)

Congratulations! It sounds like she is doing well for her soze and gestation. Ellen was 1lb 3oz at birth and had a huge rollercoaster of a ride but is now a very active and healthy 2 1/2 year old. If you need a chat ever, feel free to get in touch. Which hospital is she in? I have a freind that has a prem support group over in manchester and me and my hubby do one here in bolton and if you want i can put you in touch with her.

Congratulations to you and your wife on the birth of your daughter:happydance:

Very best of luck, I'm sure she's in good hands. What hospital is she at? My babies all come early and I've been to Wythenshawe, St Mary's and now I'm at Hope/Salford Royal (as it's now been named:dohh:) with this pregnancy.

I hope your little girl all the best (has she got a name yet?) and will be thinking positive thoughts for you all:hugs::hug:

I'm glad she hasn't had any real problems, I'm praying for you and your family :hugs:

Hope little one is still doing well:hug:

....and you and your wife:hugs:

Congratulations hun...i will be thinking and praying for you and your family...hope the little one gets better and better...Lots of love xx

aww, thanks guys, your warm words mean alot!

Daughter doing very well (touch wood and keep praying is stays this way!), they have increased her feeds to 3.0ml per hour and will increase it every 8 hours by 0.5ml. Stomach is absorbing the milk so good news there.

apart from that she is doing everything the Doctors want her to do, still on lowest setting of CPAP but they are trying to leave her off it for a few hours a day.

Shes also at Hope Hospital, tis a small world!

Yeah...I only live a couple of miles away.

Aww glad she's feeding well:hugs:

Is your wife ok?:hug:

Yeah...I only live a couple of miles away.

Aww glad she's feeding well:hugs:

Is your wife ok?:hug:

wife doing ok, we have a 2 year old boy, so were trying to do our best in terms of time spending.

Hi bigup, Congrats on the birth of your daughter :) My son Noah was born at 29 weeks. He weighed 1lb 15 oz, and his lowest was 1lb 10oz. It has been a very long year, and way to my ups and downs but he is doing great now, in fact he weighs 14lbs 14 oz at 7 months( 4 months corrected). I hope it all works out for your family, I'll keep you all in my thoughts. If you or your wife ever need's anyone to talk to please feel free to PM me. :hugs:

I'm glad to hear your little one is doing okay.. Just wanted to send hugs from someone else who is going through this right now... our daughter Isebelle was born on 20 August at 24.5 weeks. Please keep us posted on your little ones progress :hug:

hi guys

thanks for your warm words

just an update, daughter been moved to wythenshaw hospital now.

doing really well, hourly feeds of 5ml

just today she looked a bit pale so the have sent a blood test off to see if she needs a transfusion.

also today her tummy looks a bit big (was ok yesterday), so shes on glucose drip and no feeds untill this settles down.

this happened last week aswell, she did a big poo and tummy was back to normal, so fingers crossed its not serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->