Our surprise pregnancies - lets stick together

So I'm new here. Just found out im expecting my first... of course i find out the day after my birthday...

I feel you. Try not to worry. I was like you when I first found out I was pregnant. This is my first too. By the end you will be excited to see this beautiful new human being that your body is creating!

Morning :) my youngest has just turned 1, we were done, DH was getting the snip and we were happy. It was a huge shock to find out we were pregnant and an even bigger one to find out it was twins, I must admit I cried :( I have a CVS on Friday as I am very high risk and if all is good we will tell the world when the results are in, I am hoping they come back before Christmas.
My older two are 22 months apart and although the first six months were hard it has been the best thing ever. They play together are best of friends and it gave me lots of me time back.

Morning :) my youngest has just turned 1, we were done, DH was getting the snip and we were happy. It was a huge shock to find out we were pregnant and an even bigger one to find out it was twins, I must admit I cried :( I have a CVS on Friday as I am very high risk and if all is good we will tell the world when the results are in, I am hoping they come back before Christmas.
My older two are 22 months apart and although the first six months were hard it has been the best thing ever. They play together are best of friends and it gave me lots of me time back.

oh wow! Twin shock! congratulations

Hi to the new ladies that have joined us :hi:

77Tulips - I forgot to say congratulations earlier !!!! I've always loved the idea of twins. They are in my family.

Katerdid - Ours will possibly have similar due dates.

If I'm being really honest, I'm petrified of going through pregnancy again. I was really ill from 34 weeks with pre-eclampsia, they had me in hospital for ages. But because it was holiday season they didn't do an awful lot with me (there was no staff around half the time) and I could feel myself getting more ill by the day. In the end they did an emergency scan and emergency induction which let to Max's heart struggling during contractions. They then whisked me in for an emergence c-section!
As it was only 11 months ago the emotions and memories are still really raw. I was so scared and so let down by the professionals around me. I'm really worried it will happen all over again. :argh:

Same here dream, my last pregnancy was awful, I was so miserable and had ms almost the entire time. I went into preterm labor at 30wks and was in a state of fear until he was born as I was in and out of the hospital for weeks.
I am terrified to have a repeat.

Same here dream, my last pregnancy was awful, I was so miserable and had ms almost the entire time. I went into preterm labor at 30wks and was in a state of fear until he was born as I was in and out of the hospital for weeks.
I am terrified to have a repeat.

It is truly scary, I feel your fear. It is a nice comfort to know I'm not alone though and that some of you will understand my worries. :hugs:

It is truly scary, I feel your fear. It is a nice comfort to know I'm not alone though and that some of you will understand my worries. :hugs:

I just have to keep telling myself, I've done this before and survived. If I have to, I can do it again.

I just have to keep telling myself, I've done this before and survived. If I have to, I can do it again.

That's so true. I almost feel guilty for feeling the way that I do (a little shocked at the bad timing element), because this little bean is growing on me :cloud9: and I want it to be healthy with all my heart. I guess if it's meant to be, it will be !!

Hello :hi: very big surprise here was on the pill and not wanting to try for a few years yet or at least until after wedding next sept! Still dont think I have really got my head around the fact I'm having a baby!

Dream: I feel the same. Guilty because I'm not as happy as I feel like I should be, because this was such a surprise and totally unplanned. But I feel like I need time to be sad about, to process it, to just flat out wrap my head around it! Before I can move on and be excited, ya know? I do love this little person, I would be devastated if I lost it, but I'm just not thrilled like I was with my first. Not yet.

I've been looking at old bump pics and poas'ing every morning and that is helping. Seeing the line darken and remembering the good things about pregnancy, that helps keep my spirits up.

Hi :hi: Kristy87, yep pregnant on the pill too (Cerazette) !!!! So shocked and I will never doubt those women again who swear they took it each day and got pregnant (it always seemed so doubtful and unbelievable before now) - because that is now me !!!! :haha:

Katerdid - I feel I am going through an acceptance process too and the more I think about how I felt when I met Max, the more excited I get. He is such a sociable child too and is always loving towards other children and babies. It must be fate.

dreambaby thanks for emailing me :thumbup:

This is a defo surprise baby havent even finished Maternity so Im worried if I will even have a job to go back to :( we defo wanted one more in 2-3 years time (already have 3 kids) 10, 3 & 5 months and 10 weeks pregnant. Altho I dont know exactly how far along I am im thinking 10 weeks tomorrow scan on 24th Dec but should you be picking up on doppler heartbeat 1 cm from pubic bone I was never finding it before as thought was lower down? Certainly got a heartbeat tho 140-150 BPM :happydance: I have mixed emotions Im happy but I wouldnt say excited yet feel guilty about that but guess its cos this wasnt planned and its turned everything upside down oh and plus cos my babys teething lol. This is a great idea

Oh and 12 months or less age gap depending on when this one will come!!! my SS is July 27th, this one due 10th july, My daughter 20th July and 3 year old son august 28th :wacko: xx

i'm doing well! After Tuesday I'm done with finals so I'm READY to be done and just focus on my pregnancy and sleep more haha

I almost told some of the mum's at school yesterday and then I thought about their reactions, there will be 17/18 months between these ones and they already think I'm mad having 3 very busy boys.

Wantingagirl - I picked up my sons heartbeat on a doppler from 8 weeks. I aimed the doppler over the top of my pubic bone and angled towards the 'lady garden' :haha: sorry couldn't think of a better word! He used to wriggle a bit, but relatively easy to find most of the time !!

armywife2011 - What were you studying??

77Tulips - I couldn't tell any students yet, they just wouldn't stop asking questions and being nosy - bless them. They are mostly good, but very lively teenagers.

Thanks!

With regards to the doppler I mean that I found it yesterday 1cm above pubic bone and straight didnt have to angle down. I thought it doesnt pop out of pelvis until 12 weeks?

Good news work phoned me back and they are doing the transfer even tho Im pregnant and happy to try and work with my hours even though I will only be back for 3 or 4 months!

Im a little more excited now but is it normal to not feel over the moon about this yet. I hope in more time I will get super excited I think im just worried cos I will have 4 kids soon and then I feel guilty cos Im the same I love it and never want anything to happen to it but I dont feel attached yet completely I guess cos it wasnt planned

xxx

Thanks!

With regards to the doppler I mean that I found it yesterday 1cm above pubic bone and straight didnt have to angle down. I thought it doesnt pop out of pelvis until 12 weeks?

Good news work phoned me back and they are doing the transfer even tho Im pregnant and happy to try and work with my hours even though I will only be back for 3 or 4 months!

Im a little more excited now but is it normal to not feel over the moon about this yet. I hope in more time I will get super excited I think im just worried cos I will have 4 kids soon and then I feel guilty cos Im the same I love it and never want anything to happen to it but I dont feel attached yet completely I guess cos it wasnt planned

xxx

I know what you mean about the whole attachment thing. I am getting ore excited by the day, with every twinge! I think it's normal to be confused about your feelings, I am because it's not what I had planned and I feel that the element of planning and preparing has been taken away from me. I also feel somehow less prepared for miscarriage because I was not prepared for baby. What I have found very useful is talking to it when I am alone. I have told it how much I normally love surprises and that I will look after it so well if it survives. :hugs:

Thanks!

xxx

I think it can pop out earlier the more kids you have as it doesn't contract down quite as small, I'm 12 weeks and mine is quite high above the pubic bone, I am having twins though.

I think it takes longer to get attached when it's a shock, you don't have that anticipation of getting pregnant (sort of the warming up phase). I am quite attached now but I do still have moments of resentment. It's coming into summer here and I had so many plans that I cannot do, I was going to take my oldest climbing and horseriding, we were going rugged camping and to theme parks. It sounds petty but we were done and in my head I'd moved on. I worked out yesterday that I will be at the boys primary school for 14 years continuously. I am excited and in my heart I had wanted one more but had accepted it wasn't going to happen. It is exciting that my youngest will have siblings close in age but I am horribly high risk and slightly terrified of how things could go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->