Our visit to the NICU

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
On December 22 we visited the NICU for the first time since leaving on March 26.A bunch of us(ex graduates as they call them) got together to give all the staff homemade cookies. Noah dressed as Santa and I got to show off how wonderful he is doing. I became a little emotional, but I got it together and remembered how wonderful he is now I also donated all of Noah's preemie outfits to the NICU. I kept his coming home outfit and a few other things, but knew it would go to better use by donating them.

Here's some pictures of the visit.

This little girl was born at 26 weeks, she weighed 1lb 3oz at birth, spent 4 months in the NICU and is now 18months old. She is only 17lbs now. But so SMART. She was walking all over the place and talking. If you ask her "What is Christmas about?" She would reply..."Me..the baby" lol to cute
1.JPG
This nurses name is Eileen, she took care of Noah often, and he thought she was so pretty! He was kissing her all over!
2.JPG
Sadly I cant remember this nurses name...
3.JPG
This nurses name is Lisa, also took care of Noah often and would talk to me alot, I loved her because she was one of the few "big girls " hehe
4.JPG
5.JPG

6.JPG
This nurse took care of Noah the day he was born, was in the room when I had the C-Section. Her name is Jill
7.JPG
This is Shana, her husband and herself run a non profit group called Rylee's Hope, after their daughter who passed away. She was born at 24 weeks and only lived a few days. We have a connection I feel. She is such a nice person. Our babies where in the same area in the NICU the most critical. Her husband and herself spent many days praying with me over his bed.
(www.ryleeshope.org)

It was but, but it was great at the same time, :) Forgot to mention he is 20lbs and 8oz

It was but, but it was great at the same time, :) Forgot to mention he is 20lbs and 8oz

Wow what a guy! Anna is roughly the same age as Noah('s corrected age) and she only weighs 16lbs 12oz! He is doing brilliantly! You must be so proud :) :hugs:

What a lovely thing to do! Noah is looking so grown up and gorgeous! His corrected age is less than Sam's age and I think Sam's still under 20lb (haven't had him weighed for a few weeks though but going by the growth charts he's not there yet!) - despite being huge at birth! x

Sounds like you had a good (but emotional) reunion! He is absolutely gorgeous btw x

Wow what a day that must have been hun - many ups and downs :hugs:

Rylees hope website was very touching ...what great people x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"