Our yellow bump turned pink! Welcome to the world, Ella!

KatieKoopa

Mama of 1, Pregs with 2!
Reaction score
Hey ladies! Thanks for all of the love and well wishes. We are home and doing well. Ella was born at 12:05pm on Sunday, October 23. :cloud9: It was a long (31 hours!) slow labour, but she was born happy and healthy.

Warning! Long post ahead!

Our birth story:

Contractions started at about 3am on Saturday morning. They were about five minutes apart for 2 hours so we went to labour and delivery. Was assessed 2-3cm dilated and to come back in a few hours. Contractions got worse, so we went back at 11am. Still 2-3cm dilated. They told me to walk around for 2 hours and come. We walked for two hours (and all my contractions were in my back, so I was having back labour contractions every 5 minutes). Went back to L & D. Still 2-3cm. I nearly died. So we went home to try and relax for a few hours. The major highway into / out of the city was closed so what should have been a 15 minute drive was 1 hour and fifteen minutes. When we got home I went from bath to shower to bath to shower for a few hours to try and relax. DH had a nap. At around 7pm that night I couldn't handle it so we went back AGAIN. This time I was 3-4cm (YAY! but seriously. All of that for ONE CM).

Was admitted to L & D. Antibiotics were started for GBS + and I got the epidural. Thank God for that beautiful epidural. The rest of the night was spent trying to nap (not successfully) and hanging out with my sister and DH. Dilated to 8-9cm by the morning. At this point they noticed, Ella was face up. They tried to turn her manually but couldn't do it. I notice my back pain, groin pain, and leg pain on the right side is getting bad and I can feel it for some reason. Nurse checks me, 10cm! Let's go team! Start pushing and the head OB comes in and tells everyone to stop. The baby is face up, its going to be a difficult delivery. He wants to up the pitocin to try to let the contractions bring the baby further into the birth canal. At this point the pain is unbearable in my leg, groin, back even with the epidural. Called anesthesiologist. He ups the meds, and says he can't do anything because the baby is on the plexus of nerves in my back. Nothing will help but getting the baby out!

So the team runs back in and I start pushing. 27 minutes later she comes out, screaming away. I can't tell you how excruciating the back pain was but she delivered vaginally safe and sound. We are in love. I thought for sure it would be a boy but she was not! :haha:

A few pics:
https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6240/6284057479_43a91fdb39.jpg

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6226/6284576992_8dd86b434c.jpg[/quote]

:cloud9:

Shes beautiful........ congratulations to you :cloud9:

She is so so so so gorgeous!!! Congratulations on your new addition!!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful baby Ella! She is gorgeous. SO sorry that you had such a difficult delivery. How are you feeling now? I hope your recovery is not too painful. We are all so happy for you! :hugs:

Hope you don't mind me coming to read?-followed from Heathers journal!

She us absolutely gorgeous-love those photos-congratulations!
Were you glad you stayed team yellow?

Xxx

She is gorgeous!!! Congrats Katie!!

Awe, she is so precious!! Sorry the labor was so hard with the back contractions and face up baby!! But yay for doing it vaginally!! YOu go girl!! Are you going to start a parenting journal??

YAY!!! She is absolutely beautiful! Congrats! Wish you a well recovery. Enjoy your stunning lil girl! xoxoxoxo

Hey ladies! Thanks for all the love and well wishes. :)

I am feeling much better physically these days although I am pretty tired. The munchkin has her days and nights confused so that is giving me a run for my money! DH has been wonderful helping out.

I am really glad we stayed team yellow. It worked for us. It was a beautiful moment when DH got to tell me it was a girl. Only it was like "Its a girl?" LOL. But beautiful none the less.

Dr. Gomps, I would like to start a parenting journal but I'm too tired right now. I do write a blog if you'd like a link (or anyone else would like to read).

Thanks again for all the lovely messages. Love to all.

Oh yay!! What a gorgeous girl Katie! I'm sooooo happy for you! Awwwwwwwe!

awww she is beautiful!! congratulations honey

George says hi Ella! :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back