Out of the blue

Every Rose

Reaction score
We were out in the garden enjoying the sunshine and a man walked passed the gate with a little boy who looked about LO's age. He was a little younger actually, 19 months but close enough that they were very pleased with each other.

They were delighed to see each other and so the man stopped to let his son and LO meet properly. They were both very dark, dark hair, brown eyes and the man spoke with heavy foreign accent and said that his son hadn't met a blonde child his age before.

And his little boy was certainly very impressed with LO, he kept laughing and touching his hair and LO was just as smiley back, glad to meet a friend.

And then I asked the man what his son's name was and it was the same name we gave to our first son when he was born sleeping.

It's the first time I've met a child with the same name and it was just so out of the blue. And it just made me sad that I never got to take my first little boy out into the sunshine to meet whoever was there to meet. I know I'm lucky to have LO but it breaks my heart that two of my three children never saw the sunshine on a lovely day.

I just said "That's a very lovely name" to the man and thought I'd coped quite well but when they moved on I said to LO "say goodbye to X" and it choked me up to say his brothers name.

Pointless post really but it was just so unexpected, it's been playing on my mind.

I don't think it's pointless at all, I think it's beautiful :cry: And I want to thank you for sharing it with us :hugs: I feel sad everyday. I lost my Ava 5 weeks ago at 18 weeks and I have 3 boys 20,17 and 11 and this was my only girl and I miss her more than words can ever express. Your feelings are like mine , I think of the many things we will never do, but I know she is watching over us , In my own way it comforts me.
XOXOXO :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs: hun... think at some stage we are all going to have this. i have a friend who just named her baby the same as i named my daughter Lily, i didnt mind as she was born 3 months premature and i felt its such a lovely name and i hoped my Lily would be looking after her and help her grow. your very brave hun and i think it might have been a sign from your little angel saying he's still around you xxxxxxxx

:hugs:
Thats a lovely way to think of it jojo!! xx

I had a similar situation in the swimming baths a few weeks after i lost charlie, there was a woman there with 2 young children..she had a little girl called mathilde the same name as my little girl, the i asked her her little boys name, she said Charlie.. i'm afraid i wasn;t so brave and tears ran down my face..it was alittle too soon after i lost him and the similarity just got me..:( she was lovely to me thankfully...

Our angels are everywhere ..:hugs:

I had a similar situation in the swimming baths a few weeks after i lost charlie, there was a woman there with 2 young children..she had a little girl called mathilde the same name as my little girl, the i asked her her little boys name, she said Charlie.. i'm afraid i wasn;t so brave and tears ran down my face..it was alittle too soon after i lost him and the similarity just got me..:( she was lovely to me thankfully...

awe hun that must have been so hard for you.... i have to admit im finding the little things hard. we just got an invitation to a christning this morning my uncle and aunt just had a new baby. i really dont think i can go its just too hard. im consumed with getting pregnant again i think its the only thing actually getting me through this. though im very very grateful to you all for the wonderful support. our angels are indeed all around us thank god xxxxxxx

awe hun that must have been so hard for you.... i have to admit im finding the little things hard. we just got an invitation to a christning this morning my uncle and aunt just had a new baby. i really dont think i can go its just too hard. im consumed with getting pregnant again i think its the only thing actually getting me through this. though im very very grateful to you all for the wonderful support. our angels are indeed all around us thank god xxxxxxx

I can understand that TTC need, i was like a crazy lady DtD all the time just wanting to fill the gap.. :hugs: FX it will happen for you soon XXX
Re the christening, i'm sure they will understand its too much for u !! :hugs:

Im so sorry.
I truely beleive that when we meet people with children with the same names as a child we have lost it is a sign from god. A way for us to see our children and know they are truely are ok even tho they are not with you and that they are saying hi and wanting to see you. IYKWIM.??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->