Ov day question?

S

sugarlove

I ov on day 18/19, but I'm a little concerned because one of my friend's who's ttc and is having acupuncture, got told that it's best to ov nearer to the 14 day mark, as the egg is older if it's later. Thus, not as likely to implant successfully. :cry:

Has anyone else heard this before? I haven't read anything like this in any of my preg books.

Thanks

I've come across that theory but haven't seen any scientific evidence for it. I wouldn't worry too much. Especially as your first cycle after a mc is different anyway. CD1 is nothing to do with the bleeding starting or stopping but the first day where your hormone levels are back to normal for the start of a cycle. Sooo you might be 18/19 days after mc or after bleeding started but you might only be cd14 counted from when your hormones started gearing up again. So in short: Don't worry and good luck! :hugs:

Hi, I never heard this, eggs are ready at different times, and I didn't think it meant day 14 was use by date....?

I just wanted to say that this cycle I ovulated day 25, occasionally I have a late one, and it seems to have implanted fine...infact this is so far my most successful pregnancy, the other two were from 14 day ovulations.

Its hard enough ttc after a loss, without people saying really unhelpful silly things like that...don't worry, I really don't believe there is any truth in it! :hugs:

thanks for replies and congrats on your pregnancy Lucy.

I must admit, I hadn't heard of this before, and I think if it was, pregnancy books etc. would mention it. Instead, they all stress that a wide range of cycle lengths are totally normal.

I will put my friend's mind at ease, and mine too! :thumbup:

Good luck, I really hope you get your sticky bean soon. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"