Ov test light and does the net cheapies give you less time to catch the egg?

spellfairy

Twins after loss
Reaction score
Hi i tested last night and a very very faded line. Today again twice quite faded.

ANyways does the internet cheapies give you a smaller window the catch the egg.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

See my partner works so far away and he normally makes it home on a wednsday night which is tomorrow night:( we dtd on Sunday also. Not sure whether i should wait for a darker line as the lighter ones are seen as negatives althou i hear some women only get light lines. Iam hoping the line gets darker tonight and then i can catch it tomorrow night, il be gutted if i get no line tomorrow.. iam also ov a week early since my MC which is unreal for me... Have a weekend break booked for ov hhaa and now iam ov this week :)

Internet cheapies work just as good as the more expensive brands. I had an IUI in January and the timing was based off of when I got a + on an OPK. I was paranoid I would miss it, so I tested 3 times a day to get it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, and used expensive tests WITH the cheapies and they worked exactly the same... I got the + on the cheapy when I got the + on the Clear Blue Digital ones- so they work just as good in my experience. Just make sure you test @ least twice a day so you can catch it as soon as possible! Best of luck :dust:

well ive just tested again today as OH asked did he want me to drive up from work tonight rather than tomorrow
(long journey) anyways Darker line now.. unreal in a few hours!

I had read normally the window the egg releases with net cheapies is much less hours than the expensive one. So i said yeah to come down, cos tonight and thursday better than wed and sat. oh all the timing you ladies who dont have OH who work so far away dont know how lucky you are.. I just dont wanna miss this window.. such a long journey to still go through thou, 2ww then 20 weeks of worry:( but i feel if it does work this pregnancy will work out:)

good luck to you on catching the + with perfect timing! gonna try to DTD today, thursday, and saturday... faint line today on FR.

yip well lets hope its worked. wont see him til thursday now:( wonder if i can wake him before he leaves for work (tmi) i oh so want a xmas babe

no joke girls ive just done a opk at 2300 hours and its light again!??????????? so to recap i tested yest nothing, then last night faded line, 8 this morning faded, 11 faded three dark both lines, dtd 8, tested 11 at it now light ? wtf? so i wonder shall i catch it? twinges now and i dtd sunday afternoon... cant believe this:(

I have to use 4 or 5 opks per day leading up to O as my surge is strong but short and is usually about 12 hours before O. So we have to be spot on when you consider sperm need 12 hours to get themselves ready once released!! Just make sure you have plenty of good ferticle CM or using some pre-seed.

Good luck

too late deed was done at 8 before i tested the faint test. So even if the test is now going faint , does this mean I am still in? doesnt it still have to be dark the line.

found this online ...

Throughout the menstrual cycle, a small amount of LH is produced, but during the middle of the cycle LH briefly and dramatically increases, and is known as LH surge. Elevated quantities of luteinizing hormone that facilitate ovulation are detected by ovulation tests through anti-LH antibodies contained in the sensitive testing membrane. Ovulation tests thus allow you to accurately predict when you will ovulate. A positive result on an ovulation test means that the woman will most likely become fertile over the next three days – with peak fertility at 36 hours following the LH surge.

hope tonight worked cos i dont see him for 2 days now:(

also...

When Should We Have Intercourse After a Positive Ovulation Test?
For couples who are trying to become pregnant and keeping up with when ovulation is occurring, it is important to know when to time intercourse after the ovulation test is positive. This is really critical because you will have a better chance of becoming pregnant by having sex within five days of ovulation. Engaging in intercourse the day after ovulation will not be successful so it is really important to know before you ovulate so you can have intercourse and increase your chances of becoming pregnant.

Of course, the probability of becoming pregnant on the actual day of ovulation is more likely than the days prior. Keep in mind that sperm can survive up to five days after ejaculation, so having intercourse several days before ovulation can lead to pregnancy. Once the hormone surge occurs intercourse on a daily basis is a good idea to increase the chances of pregnancy. This will allow the sperm to travel into the woman’s system and be waiting for the egg to be released. In addition to the actual timing issues, there are some other tips and tricks to keep in mind when trying to get pregnant.

phew

hey spelly if you have time track down the great sperm race doc and watch that - is phenomenal!

I think you are fine- your surge can be as little as 6 hours - even though for some women it could be 2 days later- it's CARAZY how quick it can come and go honestly. It happened to me in December. With that being said- the egg can live for up to 24 hours- so I think you are right there in that window where you need to be!! :dust:

yeah from reading it iam:) This is my third pregnancy and never used opks! they are amazing! just done another and back to one line. So in 24 hours 6am to 6am faded 6am, faded 11am, dark3pm, dark5pm, faded11pm, 1 line- no line6am next day WOW!!! Dtd Sunday afternoon and during testing 8pm, also had bad ov cramps yest last night and nothing now so i guess its waiting time... swim spermies swim!!!

miss c, watched it yest lol weird wat a fight they have and only a handful make it to the actual egg:( i hope mine do.... oh i just cant believe i can now 100% pin point lh surge with the pains and now opk telling me so... will be amazing if i get a bfp for st patricks day:) hope this testing helps others

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->