Ovarian cyst experiences?

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently 37 days late for my period and have just found out that I have a large ovarian cyst. I found out I had it since at least February though the ER failed to inform me that they saw it on my ultrasound. At that point it was 4.5cm and is now 3.6. I was having stabbing pain for weeks and now I'm having extreme dizziness and I am just wondering if anybody can relate and have any ideas about what to do or how long it might last...

I might lose my job because they refuse to accommodate for me and my job involves heavy boxes and ladders and I can't work like this..so I'm freaking out a little to say the least.

My OB put me on birth control regardless of ttc, I said I'll try anything..

I get cysts frequently and I get a fair bit of pain with them. Most of the time they resolve themselves. However I had a large one and when it was discovered I was booked in for surgery the next day for it to be removed. They last varying times, it's not something anyone can answer. If it is bad enough you will need surgery, but I think that it's common to try oral contraceptives first. It is shrinking down though so that is a good sign!

How big was the one you had to get removed? How long have the others taken to go away? Did they mess up your AF too?

Sorry so many questions, I'm just feeling pretty awful right now, all day I feel like I just got off of a merry-go-round and it doesn't seem to stop, im hoping it's over soon!

The one I had removed was over 8cm I think and it didn't mess up my cycle, but others have. I have had no AF for 3 months before because of a cyst. The others usually take 6+ weeks to go away themselves, well for me to have no pain at least. I understand your frustration! Did they give you any other option beside birth control? Evening primrose oil has helped me before. I hope it settles down soon for you

oh wow! That's big. No she said there was nothing I could do for the cyst but she would give me birth control to regulate my periods and she insisted that they could not be related, and that I could not be feeling any pain from the cyst

I might lose my job because they refuse to accommodate for me and my job involves heavy boxes and ladders and I can't work like this..so I'm freaking out a little to say the least.

My OB put me on birth control regardless of ttc, I said I'll try anything..

If you have a note from a doctor saying that you can't do heavy lifting due to a medical condition your work HAS to accommodate you. I hope you are feeling like yourself soon.

Well unfortunately for me I work for lovely Walmart and they are known for their lack of empathy. They said that even with the note I cannot do anything that my job position requires so they won't let me work.

Wal Mart management is the scum of he Earth, I used to work at one so I have firsthand experience.

File for FMLA with your doctors note, they give you whatever sick pay or vacation pay you have first but don't pay beyond that. You are guaranteed 6 months off with your job guaranteed. If they wont accommodate you, get FMLA if you have been with them for a year. You can use that time to recuperate.

Hahhahaha it's so true. Well especially now that I might be pregnant on top of this irritating and painful cyst I think I need to quit and find a less physical job, I don't know what effect a bursting cyst has on a new pregnancy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->