Ovarian Cyst

susied

Reaction score
Hi ladies! ANyone had a cyst detected in an early scan? What was your outcome? How big was it? What did your midwife do about it?

Thanks!

I have a corpus luteum cyst on one side and an ovarian cyst on the other. I haven’t heard a thing about it from the dr and really hadn’t expected them to address it any further. My first OB appt is tomorrow. I’ll be 9w5d. I can update if she says anything about it.
Is yours large?

Oh, and mine measured 2.4x 1.5x 1.7 cm. About the same size as the corpus luteum cyst so not very big.

I too had a corpus luteum on my left ovary (ovary I ovulated from). Sonographer pointed it out on early scan at 6 weeks as I was having pain on the left side. She reassured me most people get them as it holds all the pregnancy hormones.

Mine had gone by 9 weeks x

I have a corpus luteum cyst on one side and an ovarian cyst on the other. I haven’t heard a thing about it from the dr and really hadn’t expected them to address it any further. My first OB appt is tomorrow. I’ll be 9w5d. I can update if she says anything about it.
Is yours large?

Please do! I should be having another scan in a week or two, so I’ll let ya know if it’s still there. My midwife said it’ll probably be gone, but I still have pains on that side. I don’t know what kind of cyst it is, just that it was 6cm. I’m not too worried about it because my midwife seemed super laid back about it, but we will see. I did some googling (darn google) and apparently 6cm is right on the edge of being “large” and many people with larger ones have them removed during pregnancy.... so... yeah... lesson #1: don’t google.

I had one/have one still possibly... it was visible on my early scan at 6+4, i still get stabbing pains here n there on my left side which mirror Ovulation pain but when i had a private scan at 10+4 she couldnt see anything & said its probs bowel related (i doubt that) but still get the pain here n there, there quite common, i think they just resolve themselves as the pg goes on & hormones settle down :)

Hello there,

I think it's quite normal. On my early scans, I could see one on my early scans. I have undergone a fertility treatment. The cyst that I have are corpus luteum cysts that form where the follicle has released an egg.

I had a dermoid cyst detected at my 12 week scan with my daughter. It was roughly just over 5cm so was offered more scans throughout the pregnancy to ensure it never got too large. I had it removed about 6 months after my daughter was born.

I had a corpus luteum cyst which was detected at an early scan. The midwife said it would go away by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->