Ovarian Cysts with Mirena

katerdid

Momma
Reaction score
I had an ovarian cyst in Oct of '06 which ruptured and was insanely painful but the doctor's never did anything for me (not even pain meds...). I didn't know it was a cyst until my mom took me to the ER when it ruptured.

I've had them on occasion, but never had another rupture. Usually staying hydrated helps keep them at bay.

I got the Mirena in Nov '11 and the past week I've been having cramps and have started the familiar pains on my right ovary. I also have seem to have dyspareunia which started about 5 weeks ago. Today I am having nausea and back pain and increasing ovary pain. Frick on a stick. If it ruptures will it be worse for me because of the Mirena? Is this something dreadfully serious that I should tell my gyno about? Or should I just ride it out?

i really wouldnt recommend riding it out hun especially if u have had a rupture before, i had one a week ago and man did it hurt like hell, i waited 2 days b4 seeing a doc wish id have gone to a&e for pain relief, most times cysts rupture its nothing to worry about just very painful but sometimes they can go bad and bleed out into ur abdominal cavity (if this happened u would be in hosp within hours of the rupture and very ill) so just rest up hunny and maybe see ur gyno to have a look at the cysts thats what iv done to see if anymore are there, mine ruptured after sex, it was not a nice ending :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->