Ovary pains

Bumblebeee

Mum to one & having fun!
Reaction score
Hello, I am around 4 weeks pregnant and having frequent pains in my ovary region, I have been for around 4 days now. I know that ovarian pain can be normal in early pregnancy but these pains aren't exactly mild, I wouldn't call them severe but they are definitely noticeable, particularly on the right. After 2 chemical pregnancies I am scared that this will be another one and I did have severe right ovary pain on my 1st chemical so I'm just waiting for the blood to start but it's been 4 days now and nothing. Anyone else experienced/experiencing this and been ok? Thank you :shrug:
Should probably mention I am a PCOS sufferer x

Not much advice but I would speak to a Dr/Midwife and ask for an early scan to rule out a tubal pregnancy if pain is quite bad. Good luck xx

Is it constant pain or does it come and go?

Thanks for your replies, the pain comes and goes and varies in intensity but it is definitely more prominent on the right than the left. It is very frequent though, I feel it a fair few times an hour although towards the end of yesterday it eased a bit and now I seem to be getting longer periods pain-free. I can't imagine it is tubal just because they were worried about that on my first chemical and that hurt way more, I needed to take pain killers to manage that pain. I know I had some pains/cramps there with my daughter as I went back through my posts from when I was pregnant on her but I don't remember them being this intense, although it was over 7 years ago so my memory is a little foggy now x

I had really bad ovarian pain up until I was about 10 weeks pregnant. I've had an ectopic so knew it wasn't that as that was excruciating, but the pain I had wasn't mild either. Anyway, I'm now 15 weeks and baby is doing well, so please try not to worry x

I had right handed overy pain that felt quite sharp. I was around 6 or 7 weeks.
It wasnt persistent it kind of came and went.
Anyway I'm almost 20 weeks pregnant. I ovulated from my right side so not sure if it was something to do with that.
If ure pain gets really bad please go and get it checked out tho hon.

Thanks both, it has eased up quite a lot since I asked this question thankfully, I was trying so hard not to take pain killers but it really was quite painful. I'm still getting them a couple of times a day but yesterday they seemed to be more on the left side. After 2 chemicals last year I am really struggling to relax and every twinge is making me panic, I wish I could be one of those lucky ones who just get to enjoy their pregnancy from start to finish x

Hi there, I have pcos too, I was having cramping in my ovary area too and still do from time to time at 8w5d. Part of it was just the stretching pain, but at 6 weeks 2 days I had a scan done because of my pcos and history and they discovered I had a new cyst too. One was a marble sized one on my right side that I've had since about Nov/Dec of last year, and now I have a new one on my left too, but they didn't tell me the size of that one. So the more sharp pains had been from the cyst on top of the usual stretching, so it might be that that is what is happening with you too? Hopefully you get this figured out and it isn't anything serious <3

I had terrible pains in my left ovary at 6 weeks and ended up in a&e with suspected ectopic, all was well thankfully and eased a few weeks later :) forgot to mention the sonographer could see that i ovulated from the right side, so no idea what the pain was in the left side

I always get ovary pains after ovulation. So sharp it stops you in the middle of what you were doing. And I had them up until about 15 weeks pregnant and mentioned it to my dr and they said it’s probably from the cysts on the ovaries. I don’t get that anymore. Just ligament pain which is higher but a similar feeling.

Thanks for all of your replies, I just generally don't feel right :-( I have been full of aches and pains, my hip was sore for a few days, had a bad day with my right ovary yesterday and today my back is aching down by my tail bone, I've been a bit light headed too and I just don't feel right in myself. I can't help but expect the worst :cry:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->