Over 30, expecting #1

lizzywiz

Mama to one monkey
Reaction score
Hi!
I just came over from TTC/LTTTC.
One of my very favorite threads over there was for women over 30 TTC #1and I am hoping this thread will be a place where we can connect with other women who at a similiar place in life.

I just completed my serial hCG blood tests yesterday and expect the results late this morning or in the afternoon....I am SO excited, but trying very hard to be cautious.

Healthy and happy 9 months to us all!:flower:

Got the results and I am doubling every 40 hours- things look good!!!!
YAAAAAAAY! I can hardly stand it!
Now to determine if I wanna stick with the hospital or move on to a birth center...birth center isn’t covered by my insurance but may still be the better choice. I’ll have to do some research.

:wave: I am not expecting but I wanted to congrat you as I just found out I have PCOS and now on clomid, I am so happy to see another PCOS preggers :)

Hi girls...............
I managed to get pregnant naturally after being diagnosed with PCOS - I actually found out I was pregnant the day I was in hospital for ovarian drilling and lap dye test......
I have had a great pregnancy so far - No sickness, no nausea, no real symptons - Finally a growing bump and lots of kicks....
I was a nervous wreck those first couple of months.... But now am totally relaxed and enjoying the pregnancy....
Please feel free to give me a shout if you need any re-assurance etc - I know every pregnancy is different but if I can help I will.
Take care and H+H 9 months to you xx

Thanks so much, Vickie! And congrats to you :flower:
The part that is hardest is trying to not spend all of my time worrying about miscarriage, as it is higher for people w/ PCOS. :shock:
I finally allowed my husband some nookie last night but I was nervous the whole time, poor guy. And we are used to pretty regular lovin', so I am gonna have to get over my irrational fears!
Any tips for dealing with the 1st trimester anxiety?

Hi girls!

So happy to see this group!

I am 39 and pregnant with my first (I am just over 17 weeks right now). We got pregnant naturally. I got pregnant last year too but unfortunately suffered a miscarriage, so we were thrilled to get pregnant again 8 months later.

I have fibroids and unfortunately will be getting a c section as a large fibroid is in the way of the birth canal.

Hope you are all doing well! I am also happy to answer any questions anyone may have about trying to conceive or fibroids or anything else pregnancy related too. It is nice to meet you all!:flower:

Yay, Animalcracker! So glad you stopped by.
I went the natural route, too, but it took 5 years, so we are very excited and very, very nervous in this early stage.
My main problem right now is just trying to let go of the anxiety, but I am working on it.

Hi ladies,
I just turned 32 and this will be my first. i am very excited and nervous about all the scary reports I see on here, but I am hopeful and gaining confidence with each day (though they all seem to take forever). I got lucky. I've known my body and ovulation timing for years, never used birth control and managed to stay not pregnant until I was ready. I'm a teacher, and this couldn't be timed any better. The LO should come in May, and hopefully we'll have a few months to get acquainted before the new school year begins. Too exciting! Congrats to all of you and wish you a very H&H9m!

Hi, Mayalake!
I work at the schools, too, so the timing is perfect!
Are you planning on taking Fall semester off?
edit: oops, I just reread your post, so doesn't sound like it. I am debating, still

Hi and congratulations to all the other expectant mums! I'm 33 (it's my birthday today actually!!) and expecting my first after IVF. xx

Hi, Kirie!
Okay, now that there are more people here to answer- was anyone else nervous about 1st trimester sex? I know it is safe but I am so anxious and it is affecting my, um, performance:winkwink:
PCOS has a higher rate of miscarriage and that knowledge (that I wish I could unlearn) makes me extra susceptible to 1st trimester anxiety.

Hi Lizzy, I actually didn't DTD in the first trimester because I was still SO sore after getting OHSS when I had my IVF. Basically your ovaries swell up massive - I was in hospital for nearly a week with it - but baby is fine!
Please try not to worry, I was really worried too but it doesn't do any good getting worried, when will your first scan be? I was convinced they'd say there's something wrong with the baby because I hadn't had morning sickness but the baby was fine - remember you've still got a MUCH higher chance of not miscarrying so try to focus on the positives, you're pregnant!! :)

Thought I'd join in and say "congratulations" to all, especially those of you who have been waiting a long time.

I am 36 with #1, will be 37 at delivery.

To answer the sex question no, I haven't been nervous about it, but if my Dr. hadn't told me, point blank and rather sternly, that sex was fine maybe I would have been.

Hi ladies,

Great thread lizzywizz :flower: thanks

I'm 31 and pregnant with my first. I'm a bit of a worrier, counting down the days until my first scan next Thursday, excited but nervous. I've felt pretty good until today, have spent lots of time sleeping but threw up quite dramatically today :sick:

I'm trying to keep my pregnancy quiet at work for as long as I can without my body giving the game away as we have a "restructure" coming up. I'll be relieved when it finally comes out.

Nice to meet you lovely ladies x

Hi ladies! I love this idea for a group. I am 33 and am 31 weeks with baby #1. I was very lucky and got pregnant the third month of trying. I started childbirth classes on Tuesday, and I swear I was the oldest mom in there (I was a bit suprised by this - everyone seemed so young!) So it is great to see so many other over 30 first time moms!

As for first trimester sex...I was a little bit nervous and would always check the TP afterward (still do, really...) but didn't let it stop me.

Congrats to all of you ladies on your BFP!!!!

I am 36 and this is my first!!! So exciting, yet scary - I try to push thoughts of the big bad M out of my mind, but it's hard :)

I am looking forward to getting to know some of you others who are in their 30's and expecting baby #1!!!!

An exciting time for all of us! Speaking of, in Canada there is a news segment today about woman waiting until they are older now to have a baby, should be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have to say.

Congrats again to all!!

Hi Mrs AJ - I'm another TP checker, lol! I'll probably still do it even after the birth now it's such a habit. I know what you mean about feeling old. At the IVF clinic I was actually one of the youngest there, but I know when I go to classes and delivery I'll feel mega old. There are a lot of teen and young mums around where I live, I bet some babies will have grandmothers the same age as me, lol!!! x

Hi ladies!
I'm 30, will be 31 when bubba arrives!! :)
I'm newly pregnant after a ruptured ectopic in July. I lost my right tube.
Had a early scan yesterday and baby is in the right place! Woohoo!!! :)
Look forward to getting to know you all. :)
Kate aka geegees!

That's great news Kate, congratulations, and sorry for your loss x

Hi, Kate (aka GeeGees)!

Wow, this thread has blown up :happydance:

It makes me happy because finding first time moms in their 30s shouldn't be hard but it seems to be in my area. My friends all have 2-4 children already or don't have any and aren't anywhere close to wanting them. And neither of those two groups wants to hear me planning and researching and weighing my pregnancy/ birth options 24/7! (which, of course, is all I am really interested in right now, even though I said that I would never be like that!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->