Over 30, expecting #1

oops, I cross posted and missed all of the new posts,...well, here is a hearty hello and welcome to all!

Hey guys, just turned 31 and this is my first. Glad to meet you all and happy and healthy 9 mths to everyone!

Hi! I'm 32, diabetic and pregnant with #1 after IVF with ICSI. I've not DTD since starting down regging at the start of July. The down regging made me really tired and I ended up on the cusp of OHSS when stimming so was too uncomfortable.

Wedding anniversary tomorrow though so you never know! Just worried that any spotting will freak me out. First scan (part if IVF cycle) is on Tuesday - yay!

Really glad to find this group.

oh, and Kirei, your scan could not be a more perfect shot of the baby. So cool.

Hi! I'm 32, diabetic and pregnant with #1 after IVF with ICSI. I've not DTD since starting down regging at the start of July. The down regging made me really tired and I ended up on the cusp of OHSS when stimming so was too uncomfortable.

Wedding anniversary tomorrow though so you never know! Just worried that any spotting will freak me out. First scan (part if IVF cycle) is on Tuesday - yay!

Really glad to find this group.

Hi, nice to meet another lady pregnant after IVF :) congratulations! I'm pleased you managed to avoid getting too ill with OHSS. It's probably the most painful thing I've even felt. I was in hospital with is after getting my BFP. I think it's more common than the clinics say. x

oh, and Kirei, your scan could not be a more perfect shot of the baby. So cool.

Thanks :) Yeah we were really lucky to get such good pictures. I've got my 20 week scan in just under 2 weeks where I'll find out the gender. Anyone else finding out, or waiting for a surprise?

Kirei-We haven't decided, yet. Of course, I have a long wait until then, anyway. I'll be interested to read the other replies, as a stereotype of first time moms over 30 (according to an article I read) is that they are more into planning, so they will find out the gender.

Hi Lizziewiz,
As for sex, it scares me a little, because who wants the chance to bleed, but we've done it a few times and no blood yet, a little pink discharge a day later maybe, but that's it. And this may be TMI, but I think the Os are actually a little better than normal when I finally let myself relax. ;)
Oh and thanks so much for setting up this thread. In the bay area, most moms are a little older, but I don't have many my age to talk about it with right now, especially since it's still a secret.

Hi all!
My name is Christina I'm 32 (33 when baby's born) and DH is 42 so yeah I can say we are def planning more and waited till the time was right,lol. So far we've only DTD once since BFP and to be honest i tried to relax but had a hard time then it hurt. Soooo I don't know when we'll give it a shot again but the extra Bra Cup size says DH won't wait much longer:haha: I'm sure that will change once i start showing though, lol!

DH is a total control freak (the only real reason we waited so long) so we "must" know what the sex is but we both think it's a boy :shrug:

I'm glad to see this group! So many of the mothers and ttc'ers are in their early 20's on this site!

I have not had an u/s yet but got to hear the heartbeat for the first time last tuesday (never thought i'd cry..... but i did:blush:) Almost no symptoms other than the boob freak show :haha: No m/s so I'll probably stress until i finally get an u/s. Nice to hear some of you other ladies didn't get sick either! You start to question the entire situation with no symptoms!

Mayalake, where in the bay are you? I lived in SF for years before moving to Phoenix. Talk about culture shock.

We chose to find out the sex and are having a little boy. :)

We plan on telling MIL & BIL this weekend about the baby and haven't told a soul yet, not even my family.

All you ladies out there.... have you told yet/ when did you tell?
I'm alittle nervous without an ultrasound done but DH can't hold it in anymore! The baby will actually be my MIL's first grandchild (at 66yrs old --bless her heart) and she would know even if something happened anyway.

We plan on telling MIL & BIL this weekend about the baby and haven't told a soul yet, not even my family.

All you ladies out there.... have you told yet/ when did you tell?
I'm alittle nervous without an ultrasound done but DH can't hold it in anymore! The baby will actually be my MIL's first grandchild (at 66yrs old --bless her heart) and she would know even if something happened anyway.

I had IVF so a few people, husband mum, dad and sister, knew I was having the treatment and I was staying with my parents after I had it due to having to be looked after with the OHSS so as soon as I got my BFP they were there with me, I literally showed them the test so they knew when I knew.
Other, close friends, I told once we'd seen the heartbeat which was 6w5d. I would have told them if I'd lost the baby anyway so I thought what's the problem with telling them?
Everyone else, I told right after my 12w scan - it was hard waiting that long!
And work knew right away because of all the time off I had for IVF and then sick time when I got ill after it and I also couldn't lift things so needed to tell them. xx

the 12 week wait is brutal!!! It's just over 2wks for me but I still don't even have a scan date yet so i don't know when the "world announcement" is gonna happen. I'd really like to see our lil cadbury egg with my own eyes first.

Hi, ladies! I'm 30 and this is my first and we got pregnant naturally in four months (mind if I join, even though I'm not 'over' 30? :winkwink: I feel so old compared to the other, younger ladies on the message boards!).

My DH and I are expecting a boy in January and couldn't be happier about it! As far as being more of a planner as I've gotten older, nope, I would have found out if I was 18 - always been a planner (hence why I'm 30 and just having my first while all my friends have kids in elementary!).

My DH and I had sex only once in 1st trimester, and it freaked me out a little bit because of the BH after and slight spotting. So we waited until I was in my 2nd trimester - no spotting, but still BH, but those are more frequent regardless.

I wish you all a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Hi, ladies! I'm 30 and this is my first and we got pregnant naturally in four months (mind if I join, even though I'm not 'over' 30? :winkwink: I feel so old compared to the other, younger ladies on the message boards!).

My DH and I are expecting a boy in January and couldn't be happier about it! As far as being more of a planner as I've gotten older, nope, I would have found out if I was 18 - always been a planner (hence why I'm 30 and just having my first while all my friends have kids in elementary!).

My DH and I had sex only once in 1st trimester, and it freaked me out a little bit because of the BH after and slight spotting. So we waited until I was in my 2nd trimester - no spotting, but still BH, but those are more frequent regardless.

I wish you all a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Congratulations on your baby boy!! :)

We told most of our close friends/family after we had our first US at 8 weeks.

Hi ladies! Congratulations to you all! I'll be 32 when the lo arrives!
We didn't find out the sex because my husband and I really wanted to find out for ourselves. Also I think it would be nicer if my husband told me "We have a baby daughter/son".
I have pcos and endometriosis, and our consultant advised us to avoid dtd until about 16 weeks. I then had a bleed and was advised by the maternity unit to avoid.
Wishing you all a H and H pregnancy

Mind if a hopeful-father-to-be lurks around this thread too? :flower:

I'm 31, she's 32... Almost 5 weeks in, HCG tested good earlier this week. Blood tests every two days and the first scan in about 2 weeks... (It's fairly high risk, despite getting lucky with a BFP pretty quickly.)

Told the parents on both sides last night. Everyone is very happy...as this wasn't really expected given the chances. But also means I'll be worrying even more over the next few weeks/months...it being so early right now. So far so good though. :happydance:

Hi Ladies,

I'm 34 and I'll be 35 when our baby girl arrives, I had a very easy time of it so far, no sickness or cravings. Although I did notice that I had a wet pyjama top tonight you guessed it I have leaking boobs! It was only a bit though x

Hi!

I'm 35 and we got pregnant in our 3rd month of NTNP.

I'm having a brilliant pregnancy! I've been in good health throughout and with no sickness other than feeling a little queasy between 6-10 weeks.
We haven't found out the sex of our baby and are looking forward to meeting our little surprise on 30th December :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->