Over 35 and entering 2nd cycle the journey so far

Foxy37

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Im 38 and i do have 3 older children but me and my partner want to have one together .
O.k so My Af arrived yesterday . I never realised how this ttc would grab hold of me and make me tune into my body so much , I even convinced myself that we had hit the jackpot in the 1st month of trying . I had all the symptoms - tiredness,cramping,weird sensation in my tummy button,peeing,hunger and constipation . And even now a f is here its super lite so i even convinced myself it could still be .
when i first entered this realm i promised myself after reading so many threads and posts that no way would i become as obsessed as some and no way would i test so early , Hmmmm well after 2 tests and everyday since 2dpo obsessing i can safely say i didn't listen to myself at all lol .
I am however this month going to try and chill as i reckon stressing over this can not help and im going to continue taking my preconceive , loose half a stone , drink plenty of water and most importantly enjoy mine and my boyfriends quiet time together and enjoy lots of Practicing as i do know when we are finally blessed with a little bundle all those little luxeries will be gone for a whilst .
Good luck ladies and please feel free to how your journey has been so far xx

Hello Foxy! Nice to have you here, I'm new too and since our loss at 5 weeks pg last year me and DH were NTNP hoping nature would take its course, but that hasn't worked so now we're TTC!

I have a 15 yo daughter, but my DH doesn't have any bio children yet. I will be 36 next month and he is 33. We've been together 8 years and married 6 so we're beyond ready! At "advanced maternal age", as they call it, it is more common to have multiples, and it's probably crazy, but I'm hoping for twins when I finally get my BFP. I want a girl and a boy in one shot so we don't have to try and wait for a second pg, lol!

Best of luck to both of us! Hopefully we'll get our BFPs before the new year :thumbup:

when i first entered this realm i promised myself after reading so many threads and posts that no way would i become as obsessed as some and no way would i test so early , Hmmmm well after 2 tests and everyday since 2dpo obsessing i can safely say i didn't listen to myself at all lol .
I am however this month going to try and chill as i reckon stressing over this can not help and im going to continue taking my preconceive , loose half a stone , drink plenty of water and most importantly enjoy mine and my boyfriends quiet time together and enjoy lots of Practicing as i do know when we are finally blessed with a little bundle all those little luxeries will be gone for a whilst.

Hi Foxy37,
I'm new here and I also promised myself that I wouldn't become so obsessed, but that's exactly what happens to me! And I'm not even trying yet :mrgreen:, imagine what would be later! :)
I have to wait till mid November to TTC #3, what I'm doing now is to try to improve my diet, to try losing some kg, to start exercise a little bit. I am not ready to give up on alcohol and caffeine, till 5 months ago I breastfed my DD and now I enjoy these things. I love coffee and right now I'm drinking a glass of red wine. :wine:
I do hope that my new job would distract me at least a little from the subject.

How are you doing, did you manage to be less stressed? I would be happy to learn how to do that. :hugs:

Hello Foxy! Nice to have you here, I'm new too and since our loss at 5 weeks pg last year me and DH were NTNP hoping nature would take its course, but that hasn't worked so now we're TTC!

I have a 15 yo daughter, but my DH doesn't have any bio children yet. I will be 36 next month and he is 33. We've been together 8 years and married 6 so we're beyond ready! At "advanced maternal age", as they call it, it is more common to have multiples, and it's probably crazy, but I'm hoping for twins when I finally get my BFP. I want a girl and a boy in one shot so we don't have to try and wait for a second pg, lol!

Best of luck to both of us! Hopefully we'll get our BFPs before the new year :thumbup:

Hi AngelNoelle,
Sorry for your loss! :hugs:

I have also read that it is more common to have twins after 35. :) With my two previous pregnancies I hoped for multiples too, but it didn't happen. Now we decided we want third child, if we get 2 that would be amaizing! I mean, anyway we would need to change our cars to accomodate the new member of the family, why not having 4. :)

Good luck, ladies!

NR3, don't feel bad for becoming obsessed, lol!! It sneaks right up on you and we all feel that way here because this seems to be the only place you can really talk about what's going on with your body, how you're feeling, and what you're going through without anyone judging you. That's hard to get in our everyday lives, (MIL's...ugh!). There are so many great ladies here, so much support and encouragement, it's no wonder we all get addicted, lol!!

Enjoy your glass of wine, that's a great way to destress!!

:hugs:

Can I join in too? I just turned 35 the week before last, but my DH and I have been TTC #2 for 5 months. I have the Toni Weschler book at home and my DH keeps telling me to stay off this site and to throw the book away because I am interpreting every little thing as a sign of something. He doesn't understand that the book and this site actually help minimize that and keep things in perspective! I, too, have been trying not to symptom spot and stress out, but I can't help it.

My problem is that DS is 4 now and I always have known I wanted my kids closer together than my sister and I are... so that means I have to be pg by the end of the year. I think that is putting even more stress on me.

Anyway, sorry to vent. Being in the middle of this TTC process made this last bday a very rough one. It made me realize I should have pushed DH a little harder a little earlier to start TTC (he wanted to wait for financial reasons, but he also thought it would happen right away).

Well, :dust: to you all. Good luck!

Can I join in too? I just turned 35 the week before last, but my DH and I have been TTC #2 for 5 months. I have the Toni Weschler book at home and my DH keeps telling me to stay off this site and to throw the book away because I am interpreting every little thing as a sign of something. He doesn't understand that the book and this site actually help minimize that and keep things in perspective! I, too, have been trying not to symptom spot and stress out, but I can't help it.

My problem is that DS is 4 now and I always have known I wanted my kids closer together than my sister and I are... so that means I have to be pg by the end of the year. I think that is putting even more stress on me.

Anyway, sorry to vent. Being in the middle of this TTC process made this last bday a very rough one. It made me realize I should have pushed DH a little harder a little earlier to start TTC (he wanted to wait for financial reasons, but he also thought it would happen right away).

Of course you can join in the fun, glad to have you hun :hugs: Do you know what day you will be testing?

Of course you can join in the fun, glad to have you hun :hugs: Do you know what day you will be testing?

Thanks! I'm only on day 6 right now, so testing won't be until the end of the month. My cycle ranges by 3-4 days, so right around 10/31, but that could be a little early depending on when I O. I expect O next weekend probably. How about you?

Thanks! I'm only on day 6 right now, so testing won't be until the end of the month. My cycle ranges by 3-4 days, so right around 10/31, but that could be a little early depending on when I O. I expect O next weekend probably. How about you?

I will be testing on the 15th. 5 days to go!!! Good luck to you hun, fingers crossed!

I will be testing on the 15th. 5 days to go!!! Good luck to you hun, fingers crossed!

Thanks! Same to you!
:dust:

NR3, don't feel bad for becoming obsessed, lol!! It sneaks right up on you and we all feel that way here because this seems to be the only place you can really talk about what's going on with your body, how you're feeling, and what you're going through without anyone judging you. That's hard to get in our everyday lives, (MIL's...ugh!). There are so many great ladies here, so much support and encouragement, it's no wonder we all get addicted, lol!!

Enjoy your glass of wine, that's a great way to destress!!

:hugs:

Thank you, AngelNoelle! :hugs:
Yes, it's true, it is difficult to find someone close to you to discuss the matter! I tried with couple of friends but it didn't work, we're not at the same page. So I'm going to accept it, it'll be virtual. :)

Hi MnMommy!
5 months trying is not that long. How long it took you to conceive your first child?
With my son it happened the very first month, I was really surprised, because I'd read studies that it would be normal to happen arround 5th month or so. After this experience I subconciously expected to conceive right away when we tried the second time, but... it took as more than that. Anyway, what really helped me was to take a break from the office and all the stress there.
Good luck to you, too! :hugs:

Hi MnMommy!
5 months trying is not that long. How long it took you to conceive your first child?
With my son it happened the very first month, I was really surprised, because I'd read studies that it would be normal to happen arround 5th month or so. After this experience I subconciously expected to conceive right away when we tried the second time, but... it took as more than that. Anyway, what really helped me was to take a break from the office and all the stress there.

I know its not the long. The problem I have is that I was ready to start TTC about a year before my DH was, so I really have been waiting for a long time. Now my son is 4 and I want them as close as possible. With my son, we were NTNP for 2 months and TTC for 2 months when I got pregnant. I had just assumed it would again take 4 months and I would get preganant again. Plus I'm 35 now and I'm worried about the affects of my age, etc. And I know 35 really isn't that old for this process, but its sort of that "magic" cut off number that you read about. My doctor was really specific to point out that "35" really doesn't mean anything- it is simply a cut off because they need one and that it is more of an average than anything. I still get nervous about it though. I'm such a Type A personality, that doing something that I can't control and that is so unknown really messes with me.

Thanks for telling me what helped you. I have a really stressful job (some days are worse than others), so its bad to have that stress plus the stress of TTC (and lets be honest, the stress of having a super active 4 year old). I try to minimize stress. I just hope my body has gotten used to the stress of my career and that won't affect this process.

Hi MnMommy!

I know its not the long. The problem I have is that I was ready to start TTC about a year before my DH was, so I really have been waiting for a long time. Now my son is 4 and I want them as close as possible. With my son, we were NTNP for 2 months and TTC for 2 months when I got pregnant. I had just assumed it would again take 4 months and I would get preganant again. Plus I'm 35 now and I'm worried about the affects of my age, etc. And I know 35 really isn't that old for this process, but its sort of that "magic" cut off number that you read about. My doctor was really specific to point out that "35" really doesn't mean anything- it is simply a cut off because they need one and that it is more of an average than anything. I still get nervous about it though. I'm such a Type A personality, that doing something that I can't control and that is so unknown really messes with me.

Thanks for telling me what helped you. I have a really stressful job (some days are worse than others), so its bad to have that stress plus the stress of TTC (and lets be honest, the stress of having a super active 4 year old). I try to minimize stress. I just hope my body has gotten used to the stress of my career and that won't affect this process.

Thanks for sharing with us what your doctor said about the age of 35. I'm currently 35, and I'll be 36 at the end of the month and I've been worried about the decline in fertility and the increase of risk. Hearing that it's just a "cut off" average is a relief :flower:

Fingers crossed for you!

Hi MnMommy!

Thanks for sharing with us what your doctor said about the age of 35. I'm currently 35, and I'll be 36 at the end of the month and I've been worried about the decline in fertility and the increase of risk. Hearing that it's just a "cut off" average is a relief :flower:

Fingers crossed for you!

No problem. I was really worried about all of that when we first started TTC. I asked her and she said she generally doesn't tell her patients that they really need to start to worry until after age 40 and even then not always. I was also relieved. Everything I had heard said age 35 like it was this magic number that all of sudden meant it would be difficult to conceive. ITs not that black and white I suppose (like most things).

Good luck to you this month!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->