Over 35 and first pregnancy?

Hi ladies. Just saw this thread... I am 36 and almost 7 weeks. Due late September. Will just be 37 when baby comes. Had a myomectomy in sept so will be getting a scheduled c section. Feeling really positive and can't wait for my first dr appointment on feb 15!

Thanks, guys! So relieved! I got my blood work back, and my hcg levels yesterday (at 4 weeks 6 days) were 3,948. So if we ignore that strange reading on Wednesday, that means they've roughly doubled every 48 hrs since monday's reading of 792.

My next appointment is January 14th for my 6 week ultrasound. Hopefully we'll see something more than the gestational sack and hear a heartbeat!

How did 6 week appt go? Was nice reading your story and then your positive news.

wow, so many new soon to be moms in this thread, god luck to all. :)

Hey guys, I got pregnant about 2 weeks before turning 35. This is my first pregnancy, I'm 20wks as of yesterday. Just had my second ultrasound on Monday, which confirmed a HEALTHY baby boy!

Because I'm so "elderly" they wanted to give me "the talk" about genetic disorders. So, I reluctantly sat through it. After I turned down the amnio they offered me a test called NIPD (non-invasive prenatal diagnostic) which is just a standard blood draw and they look for baby's cells that have journeyed out into my system and use that to detect any genetic abnormalities and also verify gender. At this point, I really don't think we need gender verified, it's most certainly a boy LOL!

But anyway, the ultrasound scan showed that everything looked great, so I'm very happy right now. My baby is healthy!
This is wonderful because I'm already planning our second child!

That is great news!!!! Congrats on a boy :). Has the shopping began?

Congratulations squiggy! Little boys are the best:).

Beach gal you are almost there!!! Are you getting excited?

We have a forum for the first time over 35 mommies. You are all welcome to join us:). It is a small little group! So great:). And you are join us even before the baby comes. We will try to help you with any questions that you might have:).

Hi there! Congratulations! Happiness is never late! I've had 3 MC , the first one at 31, then two last year at 39, and now I'm 40 and pregnant at 13 weeks, and very hopefull, God is good..if we can see our periods is because we are meant to be moms still. God bless and enjoy!:happydance:

We have a forum for the first time over 35 mommies. You are all welcome to join us:). It is a small little group! So great:). And you are join us even before the baby comes. We will try to help you with any questions that you might have:).

Where is the forum, Borboleta? I'd be interested! :)

I'm 38, DH is 42, and we're pregnant with our first child. Due December 28th (or thereabouts).

Where is the forum, Borboleta? I'd be interested! :)

I'm 38, DH is 42, and we're pregnant with our first child. Due December 28th (or thereabouts).

Congratulations:)!!! A Christmas baby:)!! How sweet! You go to lounge area, group discussions, baby and parenting. The thread is called any over 35 first time mommies. We welcome the mommies to be too :thumbup:. When are you going to get your first scan? I think I had mine at around 7 or 8 weeks because we had to take Clomid to help me get pregnant.

I got pregnant easily at 36 years and 11 months. I thought it would be difficult based on my age and the fact that I had an ovary removed 10 years ago, but the second month we tried we were successful. We had only been married 6 months.

Our baby girl was born in January 2012 healthy, but with symbrachydactyly, a congenital deformity where she doesn't have a left hand. However, there's no evidence this is related to maternal age; it's just a random event. (And happens more often than you'd think.)

At any rate, while I would encourage women who are in a good place to have children to go ahead and not wait, I'd like to throw my story out there as encouragement.

Oh, and she was my first baby and pregnancy!

What an amazing story Aggie! And I love her little picture:). We are very blessed to have our little ones:). I see live in Texas too:). I live in Houston, how about you? And you are more than welcome to join out first time over 35 mommies group here on BnB:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->