Over 35 and first pregnancy?

Thanks for the compliment,Dewcob! I made the hat and dress. I'm a historical costumer (though not a re-enactor, so I can have some leeway with fabrics and construction methods!). My favorite era to make gowns is the 1880s (late bustle era), and I need to figure out how to make late Victorian era maternity gowns!

My husband and I do some costuming as well and I do make alot of what we wear. My big event is Halloween every year we try to outdo ourselves. It will be so fun with a little one. Cant wait to make little costumes too.

Thanks for the compliment,Dewcob! I made the hat and dress. I'm a historical costumer (though not a re-enactor, so I can have some leeway with fabrics and construction methods!). My favorite era to make gowns is the 1880s (late bustle era), and I need to figure out how to make late Victorian era maternity gowns!

My husband and I do some costuming as well and I do make alot of what we wear. My big event is Halloween every year we try to outdo ourselves. It will be so fun with a little one. Cant wait to make little costumes too.

Oh, neat! Happy to know another costumer on here! Yes, now all I want to do is know the sex of the baby so I can start planning his/her 1st Halloween costume!

This is my first pregnancy and I am 35. It was a nice surprise as well. I am a bit nervous about it but I saw my baby today and its doing well heart beat and all.

This is my first pregnancy and I am 35. It was a nice surprise as well. I am a bit nervous about it but I saw my baby today and its doing well heart beat and all.

Congrats! How far along are you?

I am 8w 5d. I am hoping that seeing the heartbeat means things are going according to plan and I can worry a bit less. Not that I will stop worrying. :thumbup:

I am 8w 5d. I am hoping that seeing the heartbeat means things are going according to plan and I can worry a bit less. Not that I will stop worrying. :thumbup:

Yup, worrying has been my #1 activity! LOL!

I worry too, seen and heard the heartbeat ... just have to keep the worrying to the back burner, or you'll end up worrying SO much you'll make yourself sick :( Keep positive, baby can feel your vibes ... positive vibes for you and baby are better than negitive ones ;)

I worry too, seen and heard the heartbeat ... just have to keep the worrying to the back burner, or you'll end up worrying SO much you'll make yourself sick :( Keep positive, baby can feel your vibes ... positive vibes for you and baby are better than negitive ones ;)

My fears have calmed down a lot in the past couple of days. I have a twinge here and there whenever I have an unexpected cramp, but otherwise I'm excited! You're right, and it's important to keep positive!

I caught the after Christmas sale at Target today and bought my baby's first baby blanket. I LOVE black and white stripes, and they had a black and white zig zag striped blanket in the baby department at 50% off. It's perfect!
:cloud9:

I'll be 37 with my first pregnancy. I'm having a May baby.

And I find out the gender tomorrow. I hope it'll be accurate. :blush:

Got a call from the head doc at my fertility office because my hcg levels have virtually stopped increasing. They should double every other day. They went from 192 on Dec 28 -->792 (BIG jump) on Dec 31 --> only 923 today. There was such a huge increase from hcg #1 to hcg #2 that they thought I might be carrying twins (runs in both sides of my family), but now they think I am losing one or both because the numbers didn't double as they should from #2 to #3. :cry: Just devastated. Please oh please let one of the babies stay with me!! [-o<

I have a scan and more blood work scheduled for Friday morning.

Got a call from the head doc at my fertility office because my hcg levels have virtually stopped increasing. They should double every other day. They went from 192 on Dec 28 -->792 (BIG jump) on Dec 31 --> only 923 today. There was such a huge increase from hcg #1 to hcg #2 that they thought I might be carrying twins (runs in both sides of my family), but now they think I am losing one or both because the numbers didn't double as they should from #2 to #3. :cry: Just devastated. Please oh please let one of the babies stay with me!! [-o<

I am sooo sorry. You are in my thoughts.

Thinking of you and hoping all will be well. xxx

I'm so sorry. Remember to stay focused on being positive. Wishing you the best!

Had a scan today at 4 weeks and 6 days, and the doc said everything looks fine! The gestational sack (that round thing there) is 7mm. I should hear any minute about my new hcg levels. Fingers crossed that they've increased the correct amount!

scan%201.jpg

Had a scan today at 4 weeks and 6 days, and the doc said everything looks fine! The gestational sack (that round thing there) is 7mm. I should hear any minute about my new hcg levels. Fingers crossed that they've increased the correct amount!

scan%201.jpg

Sooooo Good to hear!!!!

Thanks, guys! So relieved! I got my blood work back, and my hcg levels yesterday (at 4 weeks 6 days) were 3,948. So if we ignore that strange reading on Wednesday, that means they've roughly doubled every 48 hrs since monday's reading of 792.

My next appointment is January 14th for my 6 week ultrasound. Hopefully we'll see something more than the gestational sack and hear a heartbeat!

Thanks, guys! So relieved! I got my blood work back, and my hcg levels yesterday (at 4 weeks 6 days) were 3,948. So if we ignore that strange reading on Wednesday, that means they've roughly doubled every 48 hrs since monday's reading of 792.

My next appointment is January 14th for my 6 week ultrasound. Hopefully we'll see something more than the gestational sack and hear a heartbeat!

:happydance::thumbup: Awesome!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"